No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Several items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Several items
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-15 18:14   
"Personally just bring back the old style eccm raises the sig by a certain amount and ecm decreases it by a certain amount. Makes both factions employ more smaller ships to combat eccm and ecm ships/bases. Helps ICC fire at luth since they will be fully visible till they get outta range. But this would also require a decrease in the amount of eccm on human ships or at least a decrease in the amount of sig that eccm raises to allow luth to get around without having to employ 15 ecm ships....

Hmmm, was thinking about this after I typed it and I dunno, this might be more work than it is worth. Though bringing back the ecm/eccm base days would be fun lol. Brings back old memories! "

short memory. when we had this it was terrible. ECM fort = instant death.

"EAD can take down 2 dreads so their armour is fine"

thats lovely for your EAD, which i think calls into UGTOs balance versus kluth too if one dread is killing 2? ICC v kluth is a different story.

"Basically your example is throwing a scout vs a dread where the scout weapon does 10 damage and the dread does 40. "

oh thanks, ill be nice too. not literally comparing a scout and dread, just using random values to make a point. if it were 30 and 33 itd stiill be a noticeable difference.

"drones etc."
yes because militaries love to throw away money
also, shields in def mode seem to repair at the same rate as armour with 3 repair drones on it.

"take luth armour out = durpee dur"

on its own yes. that would be why its not the only thing i suggested.

since half of your most is meant to goad me into flaming you or will just get into a nitpicking war i wont bother.

[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-06-15 18:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-06-15 19:06 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-16 03:57   
My ideas:
1/ There is definitely NO exact balance in the game. Is it too obivous to admit? Unless 3 factions have the same ships.

2/ The developers always listen, and respond to the ideas. I believe a developer always serious when reading about ideas, and they have enough information of stats to accept or refuse them. The reacts may be write down in forum, or keep silence, even agree but unable to make it into reality.

3/ DS has changed, for clear, improved day by day. The new fris have proved it.

Although I've played for 3 months, but I can consider the game just get better. Many definitions have been changed; the development is steady and bright. My thank to staff to make game greater to play.

So, what I want to say here, that players can suggest ideas which they think will make game more enjoyful. Please don't criticize cause critics lead to no archivement. If the ideas are rejected, please be calm and understand or find out the reason. The developers are not god, they can't make anything perfect or come true in a flash.

Live with the problems, figure the solution to lessen the difficulty and try to get better at skill. The issues ought to be fixed one day, or not. So if you can't bear, change faction

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-16 04:31   

Numbers will walk you, almost every time.

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-06-16 12:56   
Quote:

On 2010-06-13 19:39, Sops wrote:
A) ICC, the long range faction, is at a serious disadvantage versus kluth, the short range faction that cannot be fired at from long range. theres been a lot of discussion about this already, so i will merely highlight again that it is an issue. various suggestions have been thrown out, like having cloak be less effective the further away the cloaked ship is, etc. perhaps having different ranged ECCM devices with different intensity of effects (e.g. a very high power long range ECCM and a weaker short range ECCM?) would be an option? what do kluth think?

like UGTO isn't we can rotate shield. so we get hit on the same plate over and over again going down at 75% armor.

[ This Message was edited by: Timbo on 2010-06-16 12:59 ]
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.016257 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR