No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Auto-ally
 Author Auto-ally
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-12 18:57   
So a thought occured to me today. Currently the UGTO own all but a very few planets in Sag, and the ICC and K'Luth are being swarmed at the gates it's so bad...

I was wondering how difficult it would be for the server to automatically ally two factions against one in the event that the one faction either had a vast numerical superiority (IE: 5-1+) over the other two factions or had a majority planetary hold over the given MV server (IE: 97% or some such)?

It's just a curiosity I had a minute ago, and I thought it warrented a second or two of thought.

/Given the "preferences" of the development team, I don't give much thought to be warrented at all.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-13 13:38   
An interesting concept, but it wouldn't be good practice to force people to ally with another faction. Plus there's the fact that technically, according to lore, either human race would never ally with the K'luth.

We could, however, add the planetary control % to the math that guides how many AI are spawned perhaps.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-14 08:48   
Alliances are already unofficially n automatically struck by the 2 minority factions most of the time.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-15 17:28   
The % to the AI spawn would be nice to have, or have it triggered to how many systems a faction owns. So at 1 system its like 3 dreads 4 cruisers and 5 dessys for combat AI. At 2 systems it cuts down in half (round down), at 3 systems you have 1 cruiser 2 dessys for your factional combat AI. Any more systems and it just stays the same so the min would be 1 cruiser 2 dessy. This should be overridden by the player count number, which seems to be a bit broken. At 6 players we had hardly any AI helping us against a Kluth invasion. Maybe it should be based on how many enemy's are logged on rather then by how many of you are logged on.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-19 01:16   
It would be unrealistic *its that word again!* for a faction to have less ships as they have more systems *hence more resources*. However i believe for the sake of gameplay this little bit of realism can be thrown out the window.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-21 19:52   
I would think of it more as a "Calling all cars!" to bring in the extra AI from the outer reaches to defend the last strongholds.

More AI is always entertaining, and sometimes beneficial. Downside is the lag, more AI and the script to detect when to spawn them could make an appreciable difference in the CPU usage.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.013083 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR