Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » MV questions
 Author MV questions
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 05:52   
Hi,

I've been blasing my way through the scenerio server and and wish to explore the Metaverse, joined several random servers in hope to find allies too hook up with, as alone your not much good out there.

But I'm having trouble understanding how I can see where allies are logged in and in what area of the metaverse they are. I've been roaming about enemy space hoping to find some space that was controlled by the UGTO, but after flying well over an hour, not really knowing where I was going to I gave up.

Any one able to give me a quick run down on how to quickly spot where allies are in the mv with out playing the guessing game on what MV server to join.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-06-12 07:17   
I believe you need some guidance on how to find people of your faction in the metaverse. There are some rules of the thumb, and some guesswork ways to do so :-

Rules of the thumb (K'luth read it as 'rules of the phalanx') -

1) A server with a high population rank is bound to have people of all factions. The 3 most populated servers are the best place to find allies.
2) If the metaverse lobby room has over 25 people, then the Saggitarius server is bound to have people of all factions.
3) If there was a recent influx of new players in DarkSpace, then Rogen's Rift is bound to have people of all factions.

Guesswork methods (K'luth read it as 'way of the telepath') -

1) A home server is usually left undisturbed by the factions. If it is in a high population rank, then it will generally have the defeated home faction or an enemy fleet.
2) The Procyon server is a good place for K'luth to find allies, as it stays under their generic domain of control. A high population rank guarantees K'luth allies.
3) Rogen's Rift server is a good place to find ICC and UGTO, as they usually maintain defensives there. A high population ranking guarantees ICC and UGTO allies.

Advanced methods (K'Luth read it as 'code of the supreme telepath') -

1) A server in the bottom 4 population rank will rarely, if ever, have players in it.
2) The scenario server will always have a high rank. Servers with a higher population rank invariably have wars taking place.
3) The server with an event underway will have people of all factions.

Ultimate method (K'luth read it as 'code of the armaggedon')
Servers suggested by a moderator, marshal, chief marshal, developer, prominent players or Doran will always have players of all factions in it.

Cheers.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 08:49   
Generally I'll just log into the MV server with the highest population (almost always Sagittarius), then look through the systems until I find a noticeable clump of ship icons; often those will be enemies but you'll generally have allies nearby too.

Short of that, you could always try asking around in the MV chatroom.

Zerbubus
Vice Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-12 10:31   
wow i used to know how to find people, but after reading this i'm totally confused, i mean Kluth in Procyon, all i normally see is Uggies (i kil'them) and the Glorious ICC.

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 11:06   

Log in into the scenerio when it starts or when it ends..... u will find plenty of allies and enemy their.

And if u r lucky u will b on the winning side with bonus prestige .......... It works !!!

Generally in MV, sagaratus is the most happening place..

GAME ON !!!!!
[ This Message was edited by: vikrant on 2010-06-12 11:07 ]

Goto the website of Windless Storm
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 11:07   
NEVER EVER go to proc as luth anymore, ugto and icc are keeping luth out. icc swarm proc alot so its best to play as them there

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-12 14:02   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 11:07, nicklane1-The Imperial Marquis wrote:
NEVER EVER go to proc as luth anymore, ugto and icc are keeping luth out. icc swarm proc alot so its best to play as them there

This is so funny in so many ways.

I think most Kluth are anxious to have more dreads on the enemy teams to kill. Its not like all that farming gets them real experience, but it sure works them into higher ships for us to kill them in, thus granting us more pres per conflict.

Ya'll are like a little crop of our own prestige. We allow you to grow, prune back weeds, and when harvest time comes (when u decided to take your newly farmed dreads into the real servers and fight real pilots) we farm you for more pres than you get farming AI.

Its really a great setup.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.015207 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR