No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +12.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Death penalty
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Death penalty
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 16:10   
It has been probably said once, a lognt iem now, but i wish to reput this on the thinking board

Add a New penalty, no its not more prest per death, But rather Time base don the ship you died in

FOr many times in a battle we managed to barly kill a Dread, and that same player jumps in another brand new dread Or STATION and charge at your dnear dead dread to kill you afterward

Well i proposed a Timer penalty for wich if you died in a certaint classe of a ship, you will have to wait befor respawning

this can be like
5 second for a scout
8 frig
10 Dessy
15 Cruiser
20 Dread
30 Station
NOTE: the following data are not final, There are just mere Example on how the systems work

so said you die in a Dread, you would ahve to wait 20 second befor respawning, where if you die in a scout (because Scout sdie quickly) you jsut wait 5 second.

a player will still be able to die in a scout and spawn a dread within those 5 seconds, but he wouldn't be able to die in a dread and instantly respawn another one, Leaving the damaged victor, an actual chance. This will also slightly help in case of Planet hugging ,where you can't spawn a ship right after you lsot one at the planet.

Seeing 1 man throwing 3 Stations to finish off his enemys is a bit wacko,

ALSO to add, unable to spawn at an Enemy's controled sector gate, i jsut find right out wierd you can spawn behind enemy lines that easy
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-06-10 16:33   
I actually quite like this idea. Tough it is still subject to debate, seeing as I really like being able to get right back into combat, since that keeps the game entertaining. On the other hand I do see it happen a lot that someone dies, and then jumps right back in the battle in the next ship. I myself have done this a lot as well.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:06   
<3

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:17   
I could accept this... maybe even with longer wait times, but those are already fairly reasonable.

It's similar to what we do for Airsoft events with 150~ players - hard time limit before a dead player can come back into the game (respawns every 15 minutes) so that when you take someone out it actually counts for something instead of just a +1 tally that is immediately replaced.

An even longer time makes battles more an actual matter of who you can drive off & whatnot as opposed to outlasting until the other team logs off, but that might be a bit extreme.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:42   
I guess it would be up for vote then testing to see if it works. I support this idea.

It prevents someone from just respawning a new fresh battlestation instantly and over and over like some older players with more pres than brain cells do.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 20:08   
its true it might be a bit extreme, But theres a reason for every real time combat to have a respawn timer, to not respawn the moment you die, knowing where you die, and finish off your opponent

and in Airsoft, Player to jump in hyperspace to go to battle, Since DS doe shave hyperspace, Its almost an instant respawn on the same place you died (Using the spawn Gates of course)

but its up for debate ^^, Glad to see people would like this
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-10 20:36   
I like this idea. With people able to just hop back into the battle with a fresh ship immediately after being eliminated, the battle becomes won by the guy with the most ships ready in his garage rather than the guy that fought TACTICALLY (the thing darkspace claims is the focus of its gameplay).

Winning via tactics doesnt always mean you are still ready to rumble while your opponent is defeated. If you used tactics and skills and logic to get the upper hand on your enemy, you may still be vulnerable or near death at the time of victory and it's cheap that your defeated foe and pop back at you with a fresh ship and wipe you out during your victory lap.

A respawn delay timer giving the winner a fair chance to get organized before Round 2 is reasonable and fair.

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 20:43   
+1 for me but just a matter of seconds prolly wouldn't be long enough. It would have to be a minute or higher for dreads/stations.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 20:55   
I think there should be a much larger difference between different teir ships. Large ships like stations should have take a long time to spawn, while small ships like frigates should be relatively short.

So make it like
sec ship
5 scout
10 frig
20 Dessy
40 Cruiser
80 Dread
160 Station

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 21:05   
Quote:

On 2010-06-10 20:36, Kanman wrote:
I like this idea. With people able to just hop back into the battle with a fresh ship immediately after being eliminated, the battle becomes won by the guy with the most ships ready in his garage rather than the guy that fought TACTICALLY (the thing darkspace claims is the focus of its gameplay).

The problem is that certain players can and do spawn Stations/Dreads from planet, then spawn from gate and jump straight back into combat. It's not even a garage anymore because someone can just clear garage, spawn new ships, jump in.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 21:24   
See also, SteavyK. Hes the one who will do it 6-7 times all with unmodded ships, he did it to just a few of us when we were defending Paul once, took my SCB to survive all of the attacks. A re-spawn timer wouldn't be all that bad, one that just delays people from coming back in the same ship. Stations would be one to take the longest.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-10 21:31   
Idea supported. Good one!

This will make players think twice before doing suicide runs, not for his prestige, but for his team/faction. Too many times, station players who've just died, jumped in again with their other station or dread and upset the balance for the remaining players.

The increase per ship class should be exponential, and not linear.

Even FPS games have respawn timers. DS should have it too, and according to last ship class lost too. The bigger the ship you lose, the longer the delay, and the bigger the impact on your team.

Losing a dread or station should really mean something.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-06-10 22:06 ]

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 23:11   
For a dead simple solution, you could just say that all ships spawn with zero energy. Easier to implement, would not mean people getting annoyed sitting around in the ship selection screen.

Edit: maybe even an empty JD/WH. Would also eliminate WH fishing.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2010-06-10 23:26 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-11 00:24   
Quote:

On 2010-06-10 23:11, Lonectzn wrote:
For a dead simple solution, you could just say that all ships spawn with zero energy. Easier to implement, would not mean people getting annoyed sitting around in the ship selection screen.

Edit: maybe even an empty JD/WH. Would also eliminate WH fishing.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2010-06-10 23:26 ]

Good idea too.
Zero energy, Zero JD. But only applicable to players who just got blown up. Set a flag or something.

Shouldn't apply to players who've just logged in, or are swapping ships at an SY.

What if you just entered the game, spawned at a planet and come under instant attack? No defense, unable to SY, can't jump out....

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-11 02:19   
Great idea zero !!! I was also thinking abt that yesteday. If u have no fear for death and know that u will be rebourn again and again than it gets quit boring, frustating for others.

Also the time penalty sugested should be much more and other types of penalty shouild be there for some psychic guys going for suicide again and again ((( yesterday there was a guy from UGTO with a frigate just keep coming alone again and again ( almost 15-16 times ) to just be destroyed by 4-5 ICC dreads ( he survived 5 sec on avrage each time ).

enjoing the game !!!

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023699 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR