No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Raging about NPCs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Raging about NPCs
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:41   
It might just be easier to remove AI or we could just try and discuss enhancing the AI experience by changing their programming. I've said it before and I say it again, AI in sag server (which combat has mostly been in for the last like 3 months) are completely and totally pointless.

what? 4 transports and 3 supply ships that jump into planet dictor fields and die every 2 minutes? whats the point in that?

AI should have designated fleets and protocol that doesn't involve suicide missions. They should be allowed to have more than just transports and support ships in sag server instead of just home systems and you should enforce some sort of AI restriction about attacking unless they gather enough force.

You could even put a certain thing in about ranking orders. If a GA is present then that person can command a certain amount of ships or tell them to follow. It is more or less pointless having the odd useless AI ship.

Teh_Guy
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-11 16:08   
I look towards the retards that are NPCs as a quick way for prestige. Sure it would be a better challange in destroying them if they recieved upgraded programming, but completely removing them may alienate some of the lower skilled players, or players who have just started and do not know how to really fight off another human player.

I know someone will say "They can just play on the beginner metaverse" but even then, someone will have, say, a destroyer vs. someone who just started with a frigate/scout/transport. Sure the new guy will gain some prestige for damaging the other guy, but will tend to be more infuriated at the amount of deaths he is racking up. (I know this doesnt happen to every new player, but it does tend to affect some)

I say the difficulty of the AI should depend on the server (Easy AI on Ursa Minor, harder AI on servers that allow Dreads [and quite possibly spawn a different variety of ships, like an AI with a cruiser, instead of the normal transport/support/engie])

I'd appreciate some thoughts on my post and others on this matter in general.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 07:41   
right i can see where you are all coming from but from what i've seen code work is hard and trying to fix AI is some serious stuff that i can see that you all want..... but the devs have other more pressing matters then the AI if you don't want them blow em up that's what y'all have been doing since AIs were introduced but seriously this is a FREE game now you can't expect this game to be perfect the devs are doing the best they can and all people are doing is criticizing them..... flame me if you want but they ARE trying to make the game as enjoyable as they can. the demand for changes is too high at the moment for them to cope with at least let them deal with one problem at a time because the moment one person rages about something they try to change it and the next day something else is suddenly wrong with DS.

seriously guys slow down here.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 07:58   
In my opinion Bring back AI in sag and remove it from Scenario

Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-12 08:27   
Quote:

On 2010-06-12 07:41, obsidian shadow wrote:
right i can see where you are all coming from but from what i've seen code work is hard and trying to fix AI is some serious stuff that i can see that you all want..... but the devs have other more pressing matters then the AI if you don't want them blow em up that's what y'all have been doing since AIs were introduced but seriously this is a FREE game now you can't expect this game to be perfect the devs are doing the best they can and all people are doing is criticizing them..... flame me if you want but they ARE trying to make the game as enjoyable as they can. the demand for changes is too high at the moment for them to cope with at least let them deal with one problem at a time because the moment one person rages about something they try to change it and the next day something else is suddenly wrong with DS.

seriously guys slow down here.

are you serious little brother??

just wait until u get home.. i'll whoop you in real life for saying that..

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 08:37   
Quote:

are you serious little brother??

just wait until u get home.. i'll whoop you in real life for saying that..

yes i am serious
if i wasn't i wouldn't write a block like that would i? -.-

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-12 15:42   
Yeah I suppose if you take away AI in the MV then you don't have the thing for newer players to shoot at but to be honest there is always the scenario server. Eventually new players will have to fight real players and learn. Besides shooting AI doesn't prepare you in any way shape or form for a fight against a player.

On a more serious note towards NPCs they currently do nothing in the sag server and relatively nothing on the home servers. At that when they do somthing it is more or less just slowing someone down by providing target practice, there is no co-ordination between AI and its basically as if they were programmed to charge at you one by one regardless of opposing force involved.

Let me put it this day for Sag server: How many times do we see someone camp a gate and kill 10+ transports/supply ships before moving on and what is the point in that?

==== ==== A moment of your time please ==== ====

Obsidion, if you truely believe that people should not comment about game events and try to put forward ideas to benefit the gaming community in an attempt to enhance gaming experience for everyone then feel free never to post on any gaming forum because to be honest no one ever likes hearing "but the devs have other more pressing matters". These comments never solve anything.

Yes it is a free game but that does not mean it has to reduce the amount of input involved. The moderators and administrators are fully aware and capable of being involved as it is one of the requirements of being a mod/admin of this game to be available on this game for a large time of the day/week.

Please say somthing constructive or leave it as "I disagree and like AI the way they are" instead of rambling on.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-12 22:57   
O.o MI can sometimes seem some-what coordinated.
why cant our ai be slightly more coordinated?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015492 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR