No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What I've learned about the K'Luth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author What I've learned about the K'Luth
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 08:39   
Yes, indeed I have not played DarkSpace all that long but I pay close attention to the chat while in the game, so I am privy to all the information provided by the more-seasoned players. Armed with this knowledge, I have compiled the Top 10 things you should know about the K'Luth:

• 1) The K'Luth are over-powered.
  • 2) The K'Luth will always side with ICC against UGTO.
  • 3) The K'Luth will always side with UGTO against ICC.
  • 4) K'Luth are cowards. They will always cloak when losing a battle instead of just jumping 50,000 G.U. away from danger like the other factions.
  • 5) The K'Luth are over-powered.
  • 6) The K'Luth have the most players even though at any given time they will be outnumbered 5-to-1.
  • 7) The K'Luth are smelly bugs.
  • 8) The K'Luth planted the glove behind O.J.'s house.
  • 9) Even Chuck Norris could not defeat a K'Luth Worker ship.
  • 10) The K'Luth are way over-powered.

[ This Message was edited by: TE5LA on 2010-06-03 08:39 ]

Goto the website of TE5LA
killerwasp
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 08:40   
you forgot

- luth have the best energy managment

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 08:42   
Agreed on almost every point, except 5.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 09:37   
Quote:

1) The K'Luth are over-powered.

Against ICC, yeah, against UGTO, not so much. I went into the reasonings for this in detail in one of Azreal's threads. To sum it up, ICC/UGTO balance is dictated by ICC being a long-range faction, and UGTO being a short-range faction. Given that ICC is weaker at closer ranges then UGTO are, Kluth have an easier time directly taking on ICC ships (since their cloak makes it easy to get into close range).

Hardly helps that Kluth cloak is more effective than the ICC's pulse shield at stopping missiles and fighters, either.

Quote:

2) The K'Luth will always side with ICC against UGTO.

3) The K'Luth will always side with UGTO against ICC.

The truth is that when a faction has an edge in battle against another faction, the Kluth will always join the winning side and make the battle even more lopsided, which tends to make people very fustrated and angry.

Quote:

4) K'Luth are cowards. They will always cloak when losing a battle instead of just jumping 50,000 G.U. away from danger like the other factions.

This stems from the fact Kluth, with Automated hull repair combined with faster jumpdrives, combined with cloak, are near-impossible to kill. Yes, it is easy to damage Kluth and make them retreat, but in order to kill them you require a scout, a dictor, and a large fleet, which is far less than you would require to destroy an ICC or UGTO ship.

Quote:

6) The K'Luth have the most players even though at any given time they will be outnumbered 5-to-1.

There is some truth in this. When ICC or UGTO are kicked out of Saggitarius, a lot of the losing players tend to go Kluth until their faction establishes a presence again. Kluth's presence in Saggitarius is pretty much garunteed considering that neither UGTO or ICC will go after Epsilon Eri, or even Luyten.

Quote:

7) The K'Luth are smelly bugs.

Truth.
[ This Message was edited by: Leopard on 2010-06-03 09:44 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 10:56   
Quote:
1) The K'Luth are over-powered.

True. A recent survey of Gaifen has shown that, on average, an innocent space monster, just minding their own business flying around in hydrogen nebulae, can survive mere seconds once a K'Luth decloaks nearby. The survey also found that this hurts the feelings of the Gaifen.

Quote:

True, as long as the UGTO ships are closer, more damaged, or piloted by people the K'Luth don't like. I mean, the effort of allying is such that it's hardly worth doing if you have to fly further across the battlefield. Plus, frankly, pushing E and then Space is much simpler and more fun than paying attention to the particular faction of your enemy. But yes, research from the Exathra Exobiological Sociological and Psychological Trend Research Center (EESPTRC; they're working on a catchier name) shows that K'Luth always attack.

Quote:

Yes, I've heard about this trend. In fact, I did a quick Google News search and found the following:

EXATHRA: Representative Lissierre of the ICC High Council today confirmed an unholy alliance between the UGTO and the mysterious alien race calling itself the K'Luth.
"We have lately seen a number of instances of the oppressors seeming to get favorable treatment from the aliens when they join in any engagements. We are unsure of the exact cause or nature of any so called alliance, but the number of attacks on ICC compared to our enemies, after careful statistical analysis, seems to indicate a pattern."
Talks with intelligence analysts, who requested anonymity due to not being authorized to speak to the media, indicate that the issue is widespread and all too common. Sources said that in the average three-way battle, ICC were seen to take as many as seven times more attacks than the UGTO would receive.
While the cause is unknown and intercepted UGTO signal traffic has so far not indicated an official alliance, the repercussions for ICC supremacy in the Farstars is now being openly questioned by some military commanders.
In a background interview with one decorated Admir..."

Quote:
4) K'Luth are cowards. They will always cloak when losing a battle instead of just jumping 50,000 G.U. away from danger like the other factions.

Partly true. Unless it is a staff member playing as K'Luth, in which case they will cloak and spawn 40 Gaifen.

Quote:
5) The K'Luth are over-powered.

This I dispute. As the need to ally with the humans shows, the K'Luth are woefully unable to defend themselves without outside assistance. Clearly, this calls for a buff of CL2k proportions.

Quote:
6) The K'Luth have the most players even though at any given time they will be outnumbered 5-to-1.

The K'Luth have the most players, because as any given time, they have HUNDREDS of cloaked players waiting in reserve. Think of it like a pro wrestling match: a few players will go in, take a bruising, and then tag in someone else via a quick telepathic flash as they go into cloak. Then a couple cloaked krills will suddenly appear and unload on the bully human, reducing his armor to ash. This is clear proof of the vast numerical superiority of the Kluth.
Plus, every time one uncloaks, they are counted again. It's a known bug in the IFF system of Human ships which artificially inflates enemy ship numbers.

Quote:
7) The K'Luth are smelly bugs.

While the K'Luth haven't developed deodorant, they also tend to have better temperature regulation, leading to a lack of sweat. Thus, the only smell is probably rotting flesh, from the pile of human appendages they tore off captured infantry earlier for sport.

Quote:
8) The K'Luth planted the glove behind O.J.'s house.

While there is anecdotal evidence that extraterrestrial life has infiltrated humanity for centuries, there is no conclusive proof that K'Luth have lived on earth prior to 2002. On the other hand, K'Luth do have four digits, so the fact that the glove didn't fit could have been because it only had four fingers and was designed for the wrong species entirely.

Quote:
9) Even Chuck Norris could not defeat a K'Luth Worker ship.

This is a side effect of the fact that Chuck Norris can only live for a few weeks in space and even when he is up floating around the exosphere, solar wind barely provides enough force to push off of for his roundhouse kicks.

Quote:
10) The K'Luth are way over-powered.

Like a Blendtec Total Blender™. But will it Brood?

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-06-03 10:56 ]

Email Shigernafy
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 12:23   
Quote:
The K'Luth have the most players, because as any given time, they have HUNDREDS of cloaked players waiting in reserve. Think of it like a pro wrestling match: a few players will go in, take a bruising, and then tag in someone else via a quick telepathic flash as they go into cloak. Then a couple cloaked krills will suddenly appear and unload on the bully human, reducing his armor to ash. This is clear proof of the vast numerical superiority of the Kluth.

I play mostly on Sag, and since I've played, K'Luth is always outnumbered. If 3 K'Luth are on, then 12+ ICC or UGTO are on. I know this because someone I know plays ICC and they tell me how many of them are on.

Nice post though.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 14:08   
About luth choosing the winning side that is not true. When I flew luth. That chat was like this.

A: Who should we kill?

B: Well UGTO is beating ICC atm.

C: So we fight ICC?

A: Hmm, I hate UGTO Alot how about them?

B: Hmm ok, ICC is losing anyway so lets help em out.

Z: ALL HAIL THE K'Luth!

Sokoban[DeadWarrior]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 15:03   
luth is no over-powered

1. We have no ene after 5-6 full shots
2. we have paper armor so we are easy to kill
3. We have buged clock and energy supply

Yes we can enter to battle when nobody see it and kill some ships but we can't win 1v1 witch ugto or icc on this same ship ....

Like mandi can't win witch Battle Dread of icc and of ugto ... this sux thats why we always gang or shoting when icc and ugto fight ^^

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-03 15:20   
LOL nice list.

All fear our cloaked thousands

(think they realize how good they make us look when people realize how outnumbered we generally are? )

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-03 16:27   
Quote:

On 2010-06-03 09:37, Leopard wrote:

There is some truth in this. When ICC or UGTO are kicked out of Saggitarius, a lot of the losing players tend to go Kluth until their faction establishes a presence again. Kluth's presence in Saggitarius is pretty much garunteed considering that neither UGTO or ICC will go after Epsilon Eri, or even Luyten.

Not entirely true, a few of us ICC players bombed and captured one of the planets in Luyten yesterday and started bombing another before a pair of stations showed up and recaptured the one we'd gotten. Didn't help that several of us ended up with massive desynch and our bombs were hitting but doing no damage.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-06-03 17:01   
Quote:

On 2010-06-03 09:37, Leopard wrote:
Quote:

The truth is that when a faction has an edge in battle against another faction, the Kluth will always join the winning side and make the battle even more lopsided, which tends to make people very fustrated and angry.

Now this is not true at all, at least not when I was there. If a truce with the losing side is not an option (We have asked and had our help turned away before) then we normally hit BOTH sides equally or the side which is more threatening toward K'luth space at the moment. Of course, you won't normally see us attacking the 3rd faction so to you it will look like we are only hitting you.

Also the definition of "Losing Side" changes also. It's not always about numbers, but may be about who owns what at the moment. If there are 10 UGTO on against 6 ICC, But the UGTO only hold 2 planets in R33 in the entire Sag server, who is the losing side?

Often there is no formal truce, but we will talk amongst ourselves and decide to hit one side first.

All that being said, we still almost every single time, side with the losing side. The K'luth faction leaders are not the type of people to join the winning side just because that would be easier. I'm sure Az and Sauur would agree with everything that I have said here...

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-03 18:03   
Commented just to point out the obvious fact that several posters have their sarcasm detectors blatantly turned off....

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 18:13   
Quote:
Now this is not true at all, at least not when I was there. If a truce with the losing side is not an option (We have asked and had our help turned away before) then we normally hit BOTH sides equally or the side which is more threatening toward K'luth space at the moment. Of course, you won't normally see us attacking the 3rd faction so to you it will look like we are only hitting you.

I might add, that strategically, it doesn't make sense to side with who you feel has the best chance of victory. It is better to side with the underdog, increasing your chances of defeating the stronger, then you have less to deal with alone with the weaker opponent. This assumes you want to be the only prevailing faction.

In all seriousness, I would like to say that I've found most DarkSpace players to be pretty good sports unlike a lot of MMO's I've played. I'm sure many of you have destroyed me and probably will again but I continue to have fun. I do pretty well against ships in my own class and don't really see a lot of lop-sided abilities in the game. I do wish there were more ships and more variety in weaponry.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-03 18:20   
Quote:

On 2010-06-03 18:03, Xpli$it wrote:
Commented just to point out the obvious fact that several posters have their sarcasm detectors blatantly turned off....

Uh huh. No prizes for guessing which faction they're form.

*Thumps pincers against carapace*

OOoooo-gaaaaaa.....

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-03 20:14   
"1. We have no ene after 5-6 full shots "

i think someone should do a fire test and see how well ICC shields stand up to 5-6 shots from a luth ship of equal size. supposedly, ICC being the defensive faction and kluth being the offensive, the ideal would be for these two forces to balance out, no?

i think a luth ship should be lucky to get out 4 shots before having to decloak and sit at rest for a fairly long period of time. probably would need to up the damage a tad to compensate. my issue isnt the amount of DPS, its the repeatability of the period in which damage is being dealt.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019262 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR