No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What if you could name your ship?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author What if you could name your ship?
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 06:08   
I... Love this Idea! If I was a Dev/Admin i'd get right on it. But I am not. And I need to study my C++ coding etc... so :/ wait like... 10 yrs and then you will see! You will see!

-Valk

ps good idea!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-02 06:51   
Tael has worked on the logo system. Somewhere in the forums there is a pic of an ICC ship with a Wolf logo that he was playing around with.

As far as I know, the idea of ship logos is being reserved for a purchase item when they come online. That's if it is still being worked on. I cant say for sure tho.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-06-02 09:32   
I, too, enjoy Eve Online

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 09:58   
It is, as pointed out, often suggested and indeed even liked as an idea among the devs. The main issue is the length of the todo list and the time we all have to implement things.
Though ironically, it is actually currently possible to have a ship have a different name from the player flying it - the server stores the two separately, though obviously the player name is used in all cases now. Back when the map editor was still around, you could use it to change the ship name. What we'd need to do is tweak the UI to show them separately and then add in storage so that each ship could have a different name. And some UI option for setting/changing the name.

However, I'm a little iffy on why you advocate enemies not being able to see your username. Why should the captain of a particular vessel be anonymous?

Email Shigernafy
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 10:30   
I think it would be preferable to display both the account name and the ship name, though perhaps have the ship name as the primary tag and only display the account name in the NP3 target box or something similar to that rather than just replacing the account name outright.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 10:50   
i play a game called navyfield and on there you have your ship name then a line and your name is under it and it is a 2d game so is there some way to tweak that into this game.

Ollary
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-02 11:44   
I like the idea!

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 12:21   
Quote:

On 2010-06-02 05:05, Code Red of ICC *XO* wrote:
Would be sweet to have fleet logo and ship name appearing on your ship tbh , even if logo's were restricted by limiting choice from approved list to limit problems with numbers / details etc.

One thing I like about Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is that your name is actually on the side of all your ships.

Goto the website of TE5LA
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-02 14:36   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

Your name is not static. While enemies will still be able to find your PlayerID- though not many people take the time to note and memorize the PIDs of individuals these days, it's still fairly easy to check your own logs for the number with the proper name- you can still change it easily enough.

Just click GameCQ, and then Change Name. I've never tried doing it ingame, and I doubt you could change your name in-game without changing servers, so be sure to do it before hopping in and revert to your desired username after returning to the lobby.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-02 16:04   
my Assault Dreanought would be 'Warhammer'.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-02 16:21   
Quote:

On 2010-06-02 14:36, Sardaukar wrote:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

Your name is not static. While enemies will still be able to find your PlayerID- though not many people take the time to note and memorize the PIDs of individuals these days, it's still fairly easy to check your own logs for the number with the proper name- you can still change it easily enough.

Quote:

On 2010-06-01 22:03, Kanman wrote:

I know what you are thinking. You can just change your profile name and accomplish the same thing, but who wants to go to all that bother of changing their name and then having to announce it to all your friends and fleetmates. And then half of them were busy and not paying attention so you have to identify yourself again when they ask who you are and blah blah.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-02 16:49   
My bad, I missed that paragraph in the skimming. Still, it's an option available for you. I'd recommend either familiarizing yourself with fleetmate PIDs, or just do what many players already do- "Yourname (classification if desired) ShipName. From what Shig said, it sounds like the system already available (but unused) would be no different in that regard- you'd show up as the shipname to allies and enemies, potentially confusing both. Nevermind the additional headaches of reporting exploiting enemies without knowing who they are.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-03 04:26   
Quote:

On 2010-06-02 16:49, Sardaukar wrote:

Nevermind the additional headaches of reporting exploiting enemies without knowing who they are.

This is probably the one important reason not to hide names/nicks from enemy vessels.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-03 09:07   
The Siphon "Arrow Of Insufferable Arrogance"

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-03 14:26   
Quote:

On 2010-06-03 09:07, Pope wrote:
The Siphon "Arrow Of Insufferable Arrogance"

LOL true so true

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024702 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR