No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Weapons Leveling?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Weapons Leveling?
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 23:26   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 23:23, Lark of Serenity wrote:
A) a destroyer in real life cannot physically mount the cannon of a dreadnaught. this should follow suit in a gamespace as well. not too long ago we didnt have weapon levelling and it was hell.

B) weapon levelling increases the damage, yes, but also reduces the rate of fire and the speed of the projectile, meaning the bigger a ship you have tbe harder it is for you to shoot something smaller than you.

it is balanced. leave it alone.

ORLY?

I hope you mean that ships are balanced, so leave them alone. I can live with that.

But you ICCs are still clamoring to nerf other factions. So I'll take your comment with a grain of salt.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-31 23:49 ]

Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-01 02:29   
Quote:

I am well aware of a number of shortcomings. I am wondering if anyone else can pick up on them too (Development Team excluded).

Doesn't seem to me like the average damage/minute of weapons should be going DOWN for higher level weapons.

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 03:11   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 02:29, Max Kepler wrote:
Quote:

I am well aware of a number of shortcomings. I am wondering if anyone else can pick up on them too (Development Team excluded).

Doesn't seem to me like the average damage/minute of weapons should be going DOWN for higher level weapons.

Yeah. Just like the Average Damage to target goes down for every level up.

I wonder what's with that?

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 03:15   
Thanks for the info Drafell and Shigernafy. I appreciate the information. Now that I know that there is a weapon modifier per hull class that does explain alot of what I experience as "By Design". I don't have to like the idea fo weapon modifiers by hull class but if it makes gameplay decent that's all that matters to me.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-01 03:25   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 23:26, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 23:23, Lark of Serenity wrote:
A) a destroyer in real life cannot physically mount the cannon of a dreadnaught. this should follow suit in a gamespace as well. not too long ago we didnt have weapon levelling and it was hell.

B) weapon levelling increases the damage, yes, but also reduces the rate of fire and the speed of the projectile, meaning the bigger a ship you have tbe harder it is for you to shoot something smaller than you.

it is balanced. leave it alone.

ORLY?

I hope you mean that ships are balanced, so leave them alone. I can live with that.

But you ICCs are still clamoring to nerf other factions. So I'll take your comment with a grain of salt.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-31 23:49 ]

like has been said 5 times naboo and you only relise it NOW.

i am going to have to visit the nut farm people on the web are becomming more blind by the minute

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 03:31   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 03:25, jackbob wrote:

i am going to have to visit the nut farm people on the web are becomming more blind by the minute

Nah. I know what weap levelling is all abt. But I still don't like or agree with it. I still think that weapon types should be standardized across the board on all ships. The only diff is how many of them are mounted onboard, or if they're light or heavy classed.

Actually, I'm just agreeing with Lark on the weap levelling bit only if ICC finally shuts the hell up about nerfing other factions.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-06-01 03:34 ]

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 04:10   
I would appreciate it if you would not point fingers at a faction as a whole but to those specific individuals that you disagree with. I am an ICC player and never once requested a nerf or a buff specifically for anything much less removal of a faction. I tender my opinion only and if you choose to disagree with me I welcome your opinions. However I do not believe that I speak for the ICC faction in any other fashion than that of a concerned denizen.

In turn please do not blatantly point a finger at a faction in whole but to those individuals that raise your ire.

Thank You,
Shawn aka Great Budda

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 04:12   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 04:10, Great Budda wrote:
I would appreciate it if you would not point fingers at a faction as a whole but to those specific individuals that you disagree with. I am an ICC player and never once requested a nerf or a buff specifically for anything much less removal of a faction. I tender my opinion only and if you choose to disagree with me I welcome your opinions. However I do not believe that I speak for the ICC faction in any other fashion than that of a concerned denizen.

In turn please do not blatantly point a finger at a faction in whole but to those individuals that raise your ire.

Thank You,
Shawn aka Great Budda

My apologies. You're right about that.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 04:15   
[quote]
On 2010-06-01 04:12, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

Thank you Kenny.... it doesn't seem like much to most people but when you start blaming a group as a whole it does no good for anyone.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2010-06-01 04:51   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 04:12, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Oh? And here I was thinking Kenny was speaking for all the k'luth...

((That was a Joke))

But in all seriousness, While I do think this is an important issue, There are much larger problems to tackle before we can start thinking on this one. While I admire all of your determination to fix all the problems at once, our devs can only move so fast. So I think i'll just leave this one alone until we have some of the other problems nailed down.

[ This Message was edited by: Winters Rapture on 2010-06-01 04:52 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-01 06:53   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 23:16, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Bigger ships already carry more weaps. And if these weaps also have a modifier to increase the power, then it simply disadvantages the smaller ship.

Bigger ships carry more weapons, it's true, but not so many as to make them significantly more powerful than the smaller ships on that measure alone. That is, they have more weapons, but in order to be as strong as we'd like, they'd need about twice as many weapons as they already have, and for the reasons I stated in my previous post, this is undesirable.

The historical analogies hold some truth, in that you are able to mount larger weapons on a larger hull while also mounting more, but they also have limits in that since we are a game, we can ignore reality or logic when it would seem likely to improve the gameplay.

Email Shigernafy
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-01 07:31   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 03:31, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 03:25, jackbob wrote:

i am going to have to visit the nut farm. people on the web are becomming more blind by the minute.

Actually, I'm just agreeing with Lark on the weap levelling bit only if ICC finally shuts the hell up about nerfing other factions.

from your mouth to gods ears like i said that will happen when i am playing left wing in the world cup and i don't even play football XD so you know the chance of that happeneing zilch nada 0 nothing not a chance in hell.

*edit* yes i am refering to whining icc that will never stop its in their nature XD. i only whine when someone oh wait i rarely do unless they act all so smart and boast how they killed 2 dreads when.

a. theirs no dreads
b. their kill was infact a engi
c. they then claim i am a hacker when i bring a torp cruiser and blow them away XD.
d. the whining i do after is only mocking them XD
[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-06-01 07:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-06-01 07:44 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-01 12:34   
Quote:

On 2010-06-01 06:53, Shigernafy wrote:

Bigger ships carry more weapons, it's true, but not so many as to make them significantly more powerful than the smaller ships on that measure alone. That is, they have more weapons, but in order to be as strong as we'd like, they'd need about twice as many weapons as they already have, and for the reasons I stated in my previous post, this is undesirable.

The historical analogies hold some truth, in that you are able to mount larger weapons on a larger hull while also mounting more, but they also have limits in that since we are a game, we can ignore reality or logic when it would seem likely to improve the gameplay.

That's why the idea of weapon leveling itself isn't bad, I'd imagine if the bigger ships had that many weapons it'd cause massive lag even with a relatively moderate number of ships in a battle. As has been said already it'd be nice to see some kind of labeling on them that shows clearly that the guns on a smaller ship are weaker than the same guns on a larger ship, but if that requires creating entirely new weapons for smaller ships then it's easy to see why it's done the way it is.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-01 15:13   
It requires a few files and a bit of time, plus it's more to edit later if we want to change the balance on a type of weapon. But all ships of a certain class (cruiser, destroyer, frigate, etc) are the same level, except the "Elite" dreads are a level higher than the rest of the dreads. So while we could label individual weapons, we leave it up to the deduction of the players to realize that since they're in a frigate, their weapons are all level 3.

The levels, as Pakhos pointed out, can be found in the second to last column of this table, under Hull Level.

Email Mithrandir
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-01 15:41   
@shig,

How about not removing the weapon level from the game but increase destroyers and cruisers by 1 point? While on it , super dreads can be increased by 1 point so station spam wouldnt be big problem as before.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.020018 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR