Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Weapons Leveling?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Weapons Leveling?
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 01:38   
I hear many people talk about how weapon levels are scaled, what does this mean? Weapons are passivley better as ships get better or bigger ships get better weapons?
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2010-05-31 01:39 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 01:59   
See the link below.There are ships and their hull level. So they have the weapon level in same way. Removing weapon leveling means : A psi cannon of frigate will make the same damage as a psi cannon of a ganglia, mandy, or siphon. Only difference is big ships have more and small ships have less weapon to fire.

http://www.darkspace.net/downloads/shipstats.png

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-31 02:01   
A gun on a dessy will do less damage then a gun on a dread is what wep leveling is. Before this a gun on a dessy would do the same damage as one on a dread, this gave way to a big issue, balance. Dessys would have the same damage ability's as a dread but in a small, hard to hit, dessy body. Thats why wep leveling was added, and then you would have to level it yourself by clicking on the money button on the gun. Now the game auto levels (to max) your weps and so on per a ship. So a dessy has level 4 guns but a dread has level 8 guns and stations level 10. This means a gun that dose, say 10 damage at level 1 and gains 5 damage per a level, will do 25 damage at level 4 but will do 55 damage at level 10.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 04:06   

This I never realized.

Yeap. Weap levelling needs to be removed. A PSI cannon is a PSI cannon. A PC is a PC. They shouldn't be different just 'cos they're mounted on different ships.

No wonder the little ships don't stand a chance. They might as well equip themselves with BB guns.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 05:05   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 01:59, Pakhos wrote:
See the link below.There are ships and their hull level. So they have the weapon level in same way. Removing weapon leveling means : A psi cannon of frigate will make the same damage as a psi cannon of a ganglia, mandy, or siphon. Only difference is big ships have more and small ships have less weapon to fire.

http://www.darkspace.net/downloads/shipstats.png

For my clarification:

I checked the mentioned stats table and nowhere is there a weapon or damage dealt modifier anywhere. That being said I do not believe that there is one.

Is there anyone who can validate the use of a weapon/offensive damage modifier with exception to defensive (shield/cloak/armor) modifiers?

I am of the opinion that defensive (shield/cloak/armor) modifiers are needed but If there is a weapon/offensive damage modifier it should be removed from the game.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 05:36   
Give everything LVL10 weapons

make heavy weapons ACTUALY FREAKING HEAVY NOT IN NAME ONLY!

make core weapons gib even harder

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 05:38   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 04:06, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

This I never realized.

Yeap. Weap levelling needs to be removed. A PSI cannon is a PSI cannon. A PC is a PC. They shouldn't be different just 'cos they're mounted on different ships.

No wonder the little ships don't stand a chance. They might as well equip themselves with BB guns.

who are you and what universe you come from.

let me put it to you this way i will use 2 navel ships.

say for example a destroyer at sea vsed a battleship at sea is it possible to slap a bb gun on that destroyer.

of course not its to small. well guess what. you just basicaly suggested that please think about that before posting about weapon lvling again. put it this way as the gun increases in lvl it gets bigger so would it be possible to slap a huge space cannon inside a small destroyer hull. now take into consideration a lvl 10 gun is huge because its ment for a station. there is the logics behind weapon lvling.

if people want big guns on small ships when they are trying to make this game pratical and not the grand centeral station of the crazy games that are not very fun universe. you really need to get a grip on relality or find a different game. i play this game because its reasonable with the weapony.

i have seen game where fighters could one shot dreadnoughts thats what you guys keep suggestion and its insane its not fun because people stop playing. so who are you going to use your riged ships on.
[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-05-31 05:42 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-31 05:47   
Core weapons are the heavy hitters. There are also two beam levels, the higher meant for the two larger classes. That would not be refit to smaller ships. The regular beam weapons, torps, and missles are all the same size. They arent super weapons like the core's are.

An IT missle is an IT missle. A torp is a torp. Size does not scale up just because the ship is bigger.

And the amount of damage output per ship is controlled by the number of allowed gadgets on the said ship.

By the way, this isnt a new thing. This was the way it was for the first 4 (and most successful) years of DarkSpace.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-05-31 05:52 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 05:58   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 05:47, Azreal wrote:
Core weapons are the heavy hitters. There are also two beam levels, the higher meant for the two larger classes. That would not be refit to smaller ships. The regular beam weapons, torps, and missles are all the same size. They arent super weapons like the core's are.

An IT missle is an IT missle. A torp is a torp. Size does not scale up just because the ship is bigger.

And the amount of damage output per ship is controlled by the number of allowed gadgets on the said ship.

By the way, this isnt a new thing. This was the way it was for the first 4 (and most successful) years of DarkSpace.

yeah lets go back that far i wonder how much damage fighters cannons did probley a lot for littleships by them selfs. are you guys ever going to figure out why they changed it and accept it or are yous just going to keep posting this and think they give a care in the world about people wanting a heavy hitting weapons on small ships. if you think they will please think again these posts on lets remove weapon lvling and stuff like that is pointless because ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN I REPEAT NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN XD. so do your self a favor and stop

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 06:01   
Quote:

+1

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 06:06   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 06:01, Siginau wrote:
Quote:

+1

+2) I mean this is a reason why we have a small (But expanding) playerbase. Big ships eat little ships cuz they get bigger guns.

-Valk

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 07:07   
Weapon levels are useful tools I think, since they can be changed in the background without affecting weapon arcs

It sounds easy just to say that the damage of the ship is controlled by the number of weapon slots. However if down the track you try to tweak a ship's damage output, try removing/adding a weapon and you suddenly have to also deal with changing the weapon arc layouts. That could become quite problematic and is just something you don't want to have to think about every time you go to tweak damage output.

On the other hand, the attitude of "smaller ships always have lower levels" should be thoroughly avoided, focus rather on design around roles, not some dogma which says that everything small is weak.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-31 08:40   
Quote:

On 2010-05-31 07:07, Lonectzn wrote:
Weapon levels are useful tools I think, since they can be changed in the background without affecting weapon arcs

It sounds easy just to say that the damage of the ship is controlled by the number of weapon slots. However if down the track you try to tweak a ship's damage output, try removing/adding a weapon and you suddenly have to also deal with changing the weapon arc layouts. That could become quite problematic and is just something you don't want to have to think about every time you go to tweak damage output.

On the other hand, the attitude of "smaller ships always have lower levels" should be thoroughly avoided, focus rather on design around roles, not some dogma which says that everything small is weak.

i can agree with that but removing weapon lvling period is insane i don't mind throwing a little more fire power their way but if you remove it all at once you make it a scout can kill a station wheres the logic in that

thats what everyone fails to relise a scout is hard to hit unless your a scout what chance has a station got XD get the picture.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-05-31 10:07   
insted of makeing more powerful weps just make more weps on bigger ships

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-31 10:12   
Btw hull sizes are the same as weapon levels.

With advanced multiplexer we already threw away the weapon leveling.

(cruiser weapon level :5 )
Saying 48% multix on a cruiser will make your weapons level around 7.5 .
Or same amount of def upgrades will give you a dread thougness.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.368597 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR