No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Case in point
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Case in point
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-29 05:11   
I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but i thought i should just share my lessons from tonight:

a mandy can use enhancements to make it so it can alpha you in excess of 6 times non-stop. i lost count, my station was getting a hole burnt through it. the luth player said point blank he could have killed me even if i was at 100% because of those energy boosters.

2 cruisers and a support station firing close range (i got off 3 rounds of beams) will barely scratch a mandys hull.

occasionally the server can be so desynced a mandy can be shooting you from behind and you wont ever know it was there until you die.

im annoyed about dying to a ship i never knew was there, but im more annoyed that the "hit and run, low defense high offense" faction seems to have pretty nice defense and one of the main reasons its supposed to have to run doesnt necessarily exist. at the very least im making an angry post but hopefully this brings some attention to what seems like an obvious problem.

its not that luth necessarily have armour, or high energy, its that they can have BOTH. if they blew up easily theyd need to make quick passes and spend time repairing. thatd work. if they lost energy (but cloak wasnt affected) theyd have to wait to recharge, which might work too (though i think thered be a disparity in damage outputs in this case. i think their high firepower should compensate for poor defenses, so that a string of kluth strikes equals out the damage they receive from enemy ships through their weaker armour despite it being exposed for less time. having decent defense means theyre less likely to die, so they dont get penalized as much as other faction pilots). but my understanding of kluth is that even 3 ICC ships should be able to punch through their armour fairly quickly, and they definitely shouldnt be able to sit there and shoot 6+ alphas into a station!!!!!!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 06:03   
What really bothers me is that ICC players seem to whine too much about nerfing the other two factions.

Kluths already have low armor and high energy drain, but some have learnt to use enh to mitigate the issue. Enhs are enhs. They ENHANCE an aspect of a ship's offensive or defensive capabilities. It may be energy, armor/shields, or weapon power.

How about those ICC scouts which use enh to enhance their shields to the point where they can survive a dread's alpha? Shouldn't we make sure that enh does not make a scout invincible too?

Really, you guys.....

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-29 06:15 ]

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 06:27   
*Laughs* (:

cheer up dude its just a game

[ This Message was edited by: | Dark Hiigaran | on 2010-05-29 06:27 ]

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-29 06:47   
Lets face it. A mandible is a dreadnought. A k'luth dreadnought. His pilot was brave/smart/quick/foolish enough to fire 6 alphas on your station. His 6 alphas burnt through your armor and shields. Question : SO?

Hes a luth, he has high damage, and YOU did not kill him while he was punching your underbelly. And whats the point of a dreadnought alpha which cant damage stations enough? Just say you want everyone's damages reduced, so that you take more, and dish out less. All factions are good enough, just that armoring doesnt last long if you are against an equal.

*Holds out a glass of wine* Cheers.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 07:43   
1. A single scout coulda made his escape impossible.

2. There arent any enhancements that help with energy anymore, as condensors and coolers do the same thing.

3. OMG, a dread did damage to your station! Nerfs are in order. Especially since it was a Mandible of all things. I mean, a station should be the pwnzor of all what pwnz, right?

4. Of course I know none of this matters. Ya'll will still call for further nerfs, and there's a 90% chance that you will get them. All at the same time that the humans continue to get more and more handed to them.

5. As stated many times, nerf me to nothing but an extractor, I'll still figure out a way to adapt. However, as we are rapidly approaching this now, I will further state that I wont be bothering to try it when we get there.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 07:51   
get used to it lark lol, ICC are either outnumbered 2:1 and if not ugto just ally with kluth till we leave and they get back at it, as ICC we need to make a stand and get some voice coms goin, maybe then we can compensate.. but about your post yah i have noticed allot of orbiting glitch's 8/10 times the server doesnt recognize what way i aim my ship after i am in orbit, so when i turn to fire on someone i still see all my weapons fire but the damage output is equivalent to being aimed butt first at the target, i have found u need to move forward some distance to get the server to register your change in direction, more often then not the server is just lagged on their side so you may be shooting at a ghost thats for example 100 gu ahead of what you see on your screen.. just my best observations, hope it helped some..

and @ Azreal - good lol hopefully if every kluth leaves they will become AI again lol..
[ This Message was edited by: Icarus II on 2010-05-29 07:54 ]

Email Icarus II
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 08:06   
all factions are as good as can be and need no nerfing.... 'nuff said
[ This Message was edited by: obsidian shadow on 2010-05-29 08:07 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-29 10:53   
"the luth player said point blank he could have killed me even if i was at 100% because of those energy boosters."

also, 1 dread shouldnt beat a station.

kthnxbai.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 10:53   
Quote:

4. Ya'll will still call for further [kluth] nerfs, and there's a 90% chance that you will get them. All at the same time that the humans continue to get more and more handed to them.

Wait, I thought the big complaint a month ago was that the humans were getting nerfed too much? I can't keep things straight around here...

Email Shigernafy
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 11:10   
You noobs dont know to take advantage of the game , really guys, as pilot specialy you Lark , you dont know a crap of this game.

A mandy can carry 6 (six-SIX, seis-SEIS,) MK I energy recharger..... He will beat the crap out any support station..

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-29 11:34   
Quote:

Feralwulf wrote:
hell two weeks ago or less, UGTO had 1 planet and was complaining about ICC and Kluth being OP, before that everyone complained Kluth, was op, then it was UGTO was OP, then it was ICC was OP...now its UGTO again....

yer getting yer ass kicked, get used to it and enjoy it, and remember when NEXT week when YOU are kicking THIER ass.

been here almost 7 years, Fleet @0 plays on the winning side

DS is a vicious circle, always has been always will be, doesn't matter what the Devs do, one side will always own, and the faction that owns will always chanmge week to week

player numbers = faction strentgh

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-29 13:50   
and you think thats fair pakhos? im not nerfing your faction, im advocating fairness, im advocating "please make it so 1 kluth dread cant continually energize the most powerful weapons in the game"

doesnt make me stupid or ignorant, makes me want people to enjoy the game.

but, thankyou for directly contradicting yourself, since in the other topic i put up you implied that you had constant energy problems and there was nothing you could do about it.
[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-05-29 13:52 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-05-29 14:04   
Maybe I'm just dumb (read: I am) but shouldn't a support station have relatively low firepower as its purpose is to fighterspam/repair/provide electronics support? So, I don't think a support station and two cruisers (I've seen the average person fly a cruiser nowadays) doing terrible damage is that big of a deal.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 14:18   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 13:50, Lark of Serenity wrote:
and you think thats fair pakhos? im not nerfing your faction, im advocating fairness, im advocating "please make it so 1 kluth dread cant continually energize the most powerful weapons in the game"

doesnt make me stupid or ignorant, makes me want people to enjoy the game.

but, thankyou for directly contradicting yourself, since in the other topic i put up you implied that you had constant energy problems and there was nothing you could do about it.
[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2010-05-29 13:52 ]

Your last post was about siphon , not mandy..Siphon cargo hold is 4, very capturable ship if you dont fly with inf. Mandy can carry 4 inf 2 charger... dont blame me ... blame devs about it.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-29 14:57   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 07:51, Icarus II wrote:
get used to it lark lol, ICC are either outnumbered 2:1 and if not ugto just ally with kluth till we leave and they get back at it, as ICC we need to make a stand and get some voice coms goin, maybe then we can compensate.. but about your post yah i have noticed allot of orbiting glitch's 8/10 times the server doesnt recognize what way i aim my ship after i am in orbit, so when i turn to fire on someone i still see all my weapons fire but the damage output is equivalent to being aimed butt first at the target, i have found u need to move forward some distance to get the server to register your change in direction, more often then not the server is just lagged on their side so you may be shooting at a ghost thats for example 100 gu ahead of what you see on your screen.. just my best observations, hope it helped some..

and @ Azreal - good lol hopefully if every kluth leaves they will become AI again lol..
[ This Message was edited by: Icarus II on 2010-05-29 07:54 ]

Ive never seen UGTO ally with luth when ive been playing UGTO is always fighting both factions and if luth is there and killing ICC they just decided to take them out first but doesnt mean UGTO and luth are allied. Also ICC is almost always allies with kluth in the past month

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022460 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR