Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Few question regarding planets
 Author Few question regarding planets
Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 03:42   
Quick few questions,

Planets resoureces.
Last night I've been building a planet up until I was ready to build a shipyard. the only thing missing was 20k resources. So I started mining and each and every the balance tipped over the 20k. poof it was all gone.
I tried several times and each and every time it would vaporize in to thin air.

Bit later that game some one locked the planet and the resources where passed 20k, but it was locked and no one bother building a shipyard nor did any thing with it.

I'm aware a planet can be locked and only those of equal rank or higher can access it and lift the lock.

Now what happens if all the higher ranks leave the game and only those who don't have access are left behind? Does the planet remains locked, or will the lock be lifted? Last night I had the feeling no one was high enough in rank to access a planet.

Regards,

Wild Cat

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-29 04:44   
Resources going 'poof' isn't possible without lagged intervention. Theres this build bug where you assign a building to a place, but it isnt built and also takes away resources needed to build it. Like, If you had the build bug while building a shipyard, then each time you try to build it, 20k will be deducted.

As far as rankings are concerned, I remember some new system of locking introduced, where the lock of a planet would be changed, to a rank like 1st lieutenant or nearby, when there is no one on that faction of a rank equal to or above the planet. (No onder I see so many planets locked to the rank of commander, lieutenant and even ensigns. Seems random though.)

Hope it helped. Cheers.

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 09:31   
I did notice the bug when building platforms. but not with items on the surface on the planet. yet with out building my self or attempting to build when ever I hit 20k resources they vanished. I can't explain it. was hoping to find a reason here. Like the population taking if to upgrade some thing or so.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-29 09:48   
Was there a Starport on the planet? AI transports love to randomly go to every planet with a Starport and take resources then dump it somewhere else.

Zerbubus
Vice Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-05-29 09:57   
i've only had the build bug with platforms also, never when building a planet. as for resources going, the only time that would happen is either if someone changed items on there ship or like what was said above, a starport there and AI stole it.

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 10:14   
I've had that bug happen both when building planets or platforms. Reading the dev log, the bug when building plats should be fixed(happened a lot when it claimed you had 1000 res, but it was really still building up to 1k. I generally avoided the bug by waiting until another 1k showed up(4k for supply, 5k for weapon). If I did encounter the bug building plats, I would sy and the resources it "used" while not building the plat would show up again.

As for with planets, it has been explained as a desync issue(client-based). If you encounter it once, you should quicklog as it will most likely continue to happen while you are desynced.. Short of QLing, I haven't found a solution

Page created in 0.016961 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR