No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Ship capture codes, structure upgrade codes, mining beam and interdiction field's failure
 Author Ship capture codes, structure upgrade codes, mining beam and interdiction field's failure
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-29 02:56   
Was playing luth today in beta to try out how the new capturing works, and the new build upgrading. For capturing-

Target-UGTO battle dread
Attempts-2
total infantry used-11

Attempt 1-
Was passing time near Paul when a BD jumped and open fired. I retaliated by getting a carrier and loaded 7 of 10 veteran troops on the BD. Result? Capture failed.

Attempt 2-
The BD was still near Paul, so i tried again after 5 minutes. Loaded 4 hardened troops on the BD. Result? The BD was captured after 2 minutes.

Remarks-
1) I tried to capture only twice, as given here, to get a capture chance of 9%-36%. If the capture chance is around 15%, then the new system is balanced considerably.

For upgrading structures-

Target-Paul

While sitting at Mhaon, I noticed paul giving capture messages. Went there with adv drone engy,and built structures and defense bases. The earlier problem with 3-tier structures not being able to upgrade from levels 2-1, 2-3, 3-1 and 3-2 has been mostly solved. Good work devs

Remarks-
1) The upgrading chains of power and food suffer from the problem that you cannot downgrade them from level 2 to level 1. Requires inspection.

EDIT: It appears that the technology chain also suffers from the problem ot conversion from level 2-1.

For mining beam-
Was sitting at Ooi, chilling in my mandy. Thought I should give the new mining beam a try. Result? It works flawlessly. The earlier mining beam used to condense the first resource-slot's gains from whatever was mined to 1 resource (the first second of mining used to give 1 resource, and another was added once 1000 resources was reached.)

A second point of interest is that it does not mine any more than the cargo limit. Big blow to people who used to leave their extractors mine a planet for hours and gained hundreds of thousands of resources. (Bye bye lazy noobs.)

Remarks-None. Nothing wrong, it is flawless, absolutely. Maybe increase the mining range for very large planets, like the type 4 giant barren polyxena in procyon system, and the type 5 gas giants.

Additional-Interdiction field in Beta metaverse.

In the first scenario, I was building Paul. During then, a BD jumped me and destroyed my drone engineer. Point of interest is that it jumped 400 gu from me, while the Paul interdictor field was ACTIVE. I was 270 gus from the planet, so the BD jumped at distance maximum of 670 gus from Paul.

Remarks-
1) The dictor field is not working properly, I have seen transports jumping after 700 gu from Paul, while the dictor field was mostly towards in their direction. Requires priority inspection.

2) The dictor field is also not fully effective in the Metaverse. Ships always jump within 850 gus of my dictor cruiser. The ships, however, are forced to go outside the 1000 gu of my ship to jump away, so the dictor field isnt really at blame. Jump drive interception requires inspection.

Overall, great works devs, we engineers are proud of our technological friends ^^.
[ This Message was edited by: Boom *U R Junk* on 2010-05-29 02:58 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 03:03   
Dictor fields effect ships depend on their velocity before the jump. If a dread goes at max speed , surely will break into dictor field about 400 gu and considering paul is a large planet , i think dictor was at the otherside of the planet while u were building.So it gave about 270 gu more to dread.

Also, caping shouldnt be on % or any chance. If you are stupid enough to not having inf on your ship u should be caped in 30 seconds, or 30 seconds after your last inf dies.
[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-05-29 03:06 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 03:34   
i just wanted to comment on something. How exactly do you capture a organic ship? I mean do you beam over some troops and hope they brainwash the ship in under 2 mins lol. I think organic ships shouldnt be capturable at all realisticly or should be harder to cap, like flux effects icc more than kluth because we are organic.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-05-29 13:09   
one word Nec.....NO......this is a game with space ships flying around with lazers....realistic has been thrown out the window...and some say common sense has also been thrown out....

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 14:42   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 03:34, Necrotic wrote:
i just wanted to comment on something. How exactly do you capture a organic ship? I mean do you beam over some troops and hope they brainwash the ship in under 2 mins lol. I think organic ships shouldnt be capturable at all realisticly or should be harder to cap, like flux effects icc more than kluth because we are organic.

do you want to be invincible aswell? or maybe never run out of energy?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 15:44   
hey zero here is an amazing thought how about stop complaining an learn how to play? every single person who has been here has adaped and overcome. people who complain still especially vets are weak and should stop commenting unless you have something productive to say that isnt in the form of a complaint. You complaint kluth is all op even though anyone with any real knowledge of the game agress the factions are pretty balanced atm. Anyone who thinks kluth = easy mode is a noob and needs to stop talking. What your really mad at is we are just better then everyone and if we all switch with everyone on icc or ugto swaps with kluth we would still own everyone becuse we learned how to play unlike certain people unfortunatly. Ill end this little rant on your words kuth having a better cloak = an infinate energy krill or even better us being invincible. lol noob

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-05-29 16:11 ]

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-29 17:07   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 15:44, Necrotic wrote:
hey zero here is an amazing thought how about stop complaining an learn how to play? every single person who has been here has adaped and overcome. people who complain still especially vets are weak and should stop commenting unless you have something productive to say that isnt in the form of a complaint. You complaint kluth is all op even though anyone with any real knowledge of the game agress the factions are pretty balanced atm. Anyone who thinks kluth = easy mode is a noob and needs to stop talking. What your really mad at is we are just better then everyone and if we all switch with everyone on icc or ugto swaps with kluth we would still own everyone becuse we learned how to play unlike certain people unfortunatly. Ill end this little rant on your words kuth having a better cloak = an infinate energy krill or even better us being invincible. lol noob

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-05-29 16:11 ]

i dont recall saying Kluth is Op
but You obviously missed my sarcasm, I don't hate kluth, For me there fine as it is, But your asking to have all Kluth ship to be uncapturable, and unaffected By flux effects, YOU, My friend, is acting noobish. You are askign to be overally better than the other 2 faction, your are askign to remove proper counters to the current balance, Your are not Asking for mo Balance into the game, you are asking to simply be harder to kill in 2 different way's

Do you even think Before saying something nub?

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-05-29 18:46 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 22:02   
@Zero , you say kluth isnt op but you act in a such manner that well... Game is surely balanced. What does nec says :

Developers claims kluth to be organic ships , so they give organic armor which has lowest hp point in entire game. Same developers claim kluth is a organic faction which can use AHR to repair itself and as it is organic it is less effected by flux. Now, the suggestion he made is based on what we are told about kluth. There is nothing wrong about it.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-30 08:38   
Lets face it...
K'luth ships are organic, okay.
There are captains who pilot them, undeniable.
K'luth ships dont have brains, they have nerval levers and gears, like a nervous system, universal truth.
Human troopers infect the ship like a disease and overtake its brain by banging their weapons on each nerval lever to see what happens, possibility.
Thus, K'luth ships can be captured by humans, conclusion.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-30 09:18   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 22:02, Pakhos wrote:

Developers claims kluth to be organic ships , so they give organic armor which has lowest hp point in entire game. Same developers claim kluth is a organic faction which can use AHR to repair itself and as it is organic it is less effected by flux. Now, the suggestion he made is based on what we are told about kluth. There is nothing wrong about it.

Fair enough, I wasn't told or saw any of that. I was only told that Flux Is best vs Sheilds,Hull and devices. He could have told me that
But reducing Effectiveness of Flux, this is gonna be a huge balance change since uggies rely on them so much, maybe its something we don't need

Thou i still hold my point about uncapturable ships

FYI:- Buffed the Flux Cannon significantly.

Page created in 0.015022 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR