No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » ECCM VS ECM and stealth enhancement
 Author ECCM VS ECM and stealth enhancement
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-28 11:46   
ECM
Faction: All

Technology: 5

Resources: 120

Requirements: Metals

Replacements: Scanner, ECCM

Characteristics
Area: 500 + (Level * 50) Gu

Area Effect: Decreases signature in Area

Energy Requirement: 0.1/s

Cool-down Time: 9~45 seconds (depending on Level)
Description:
text

ECCM
Faction: All

Technology: 10

Resources: 120

Requirements: Metals

Replacements: Scanner, ECM

Characteristics
Area: 1000 + (Level * 150) Gu

Area Effect: Increases signature in Area

Energy Requirement: 0.1/s

Cool-down Time: 9~45 seconds (depending on Level)
Description:
text

We can see eccm has 2x range compared to ecm and 3 times more powerful at same level ships.

Now this makes me wonder, why do i have to pay for a unique enhancement if enemy can counter it with eccm for FREE?
[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-05-28 11:48 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 15:35   
if you have Stealth Enhancement, ECCM will be just less effective....i think
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-28 18:12   
but why would I bother paying for something that is overridden by ECCM - a FREE device?

I guess it was too much to ask for an enhancement that effects us only, ya know, kinda like the Magnatron does for shields (assuming that's still the same). Instead, we get something that lowers our sig a bit. Well hell, the two ecm running on a Gang or Clav isnt enough to override ping, so what exactly is the point in it for me? Having 30 ecm running doesnt defeat a simple ping, so what does the lower sig do for a Luth?

Or, on the flip side, was this never meant as any type of help for Luth at all.
If it was, sorry, I'm not so dumb as to be googly-eyed over a pet rock.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 18:46   
help cloak and decloak faster? ain''t that the whole point fo Cloak?

or maybe you want an "all easy" button? Unaffected by Ping or ECCM whatsoever?

Maybe have a Ship that can fire while cloaked too?
or an infinite Energy Krill?

i cna give you the first one, here:

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-05-28 18:47 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-28 22:19   
1. Yes, I do in fact want a cloak that is unaffected by pinging and ECCM. Because you are new, what you do not know is that we were told that's what we were getting when the made itt so you could not fire cloaked. Pinging is a game bug that became evident after the cloak change. It didnt matter before, because the cloak worked like ecm, only the cloaked ship was made to have a 0 signature. An enemy could use eccm, and make him visible, but this could be countered by the Kluth's own ecm, or any allies on either side. In those days beacons worked for all sides, by the way, because humans would become invisible to us. Even dreads had to be targeted by control clicking sometimes (ecm forts anyone?).

When the cloak changed to full cloak, then the eccm bug became evident. Originally it was ruled an exploit, as it was defeating one game mechanism, and exploiting the use of a second. Then when they realized it really couldnt be fixed, it became a feature. They added a little longer cooldown, and recently added a cooler sonar ping sound and the bug-turn-feature transformation is complete.
I personally do not think it can in any way be fixed, and the only option to really fix it is the original cloak. That's something virtually all vets agree with.
That not withstanding, yes, as a matter of fact I do want what I was basically promised, and if it cant be had, a new approach or reversal. Why the hell wouldn't I?

2. Easy button? You want easy, you have it. The one thing I tried to convince people of for two years of their crying is that the humans always HAD an easy button vs us. The scout. ECCM ping, 4 or 5 per ship mind you, added to the rest of the allies ships of 1, 2 or 3, combined with beacon spam. Uh, yeah I am pretty positive its an easy button.

I welcome you to jump in any ship on luth you want to. Allow me 1 scout and a COMPETANT ( not even GOOD) BD pilot. You will die every time.

And yeah, I'll even track your jump.

So 3. Line your ducks up before you shoot, son. And for pete's sake make sure you are carrying the right ammo. Nothing like shooting rat shot at a boar to really screw up your day, right?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 00:04   
Not in beta forum zero.No trolling here.

We want to point and show why this enhancement doesnt fit our expectation.First of all , eccm againts ecm isnt very big deal whenever a kluth ship is UNCLOAKED.

That means , I can fly with negative signal as long as i dont go into visibility/ship detection range.

For example, with - 50 signal i can fly a dread at 600 gu from enemy and he cant see me. (yes he can see trail but cant target me automaticly, no diamond) . So if i hit "V" and cloak , enemy could ping me with a single ECCM and target me automaticly , doesnt matter how many ecm is running around me. ECM doesnt effect ECCM when a ship is CLOAKED.

But buying this enhancement wont change the main problem and enemy always can build more and more plats/base to ping us to counter that enhancement.

So this is the problem.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 00:05   
Az someone gettiing into a scout means having less firepower on the field to kill something when we CAN see you. Noobs don't know how to use one and pres is poor at best if they did, vets know but we need there rank better used on bigger ships. Beacons on all ships would be nice, or able to swap out a gun mount for one. If I remember old cloak it was cheese, you could decloak and fire before your sig was even full up but when beaconed you could shoot the ship as long as the beacon was there. So cloak was OP and not an issue at the same time but thats not the main topic of this thread.

The stealth enh reduces your overall sig before ECM is applied, and this works for ALL factions but would benefit Kluth the most. I would suggest if they are going to make a enh thats like that. That it applies only to Kluth and has a big boost (basically the power of 2-3 ECM). This would allow them to decloak/cloak faster then without the enh.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 03:26   
u realise now they are *&^%$))*& about the same things 8-9 years ago and they are still complaining about the very same things

plz complain about something new plz im beggin ya

oh and starcommander the problem with your argument about replacing firepower with a scout. Doesnt seem that yall mind too muchh when u field a dictor.What is that now sacrificing firepower for utility? and doing the same fore a scout is somehow not the same?

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 05:05   
Quote:

On 2010-05-29 00:05, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:

The stealth enh reduces your overall sig before ECM is applied, and this works for ALL factions but would benefit Kluth the most. I would suggest if they are going to make a enh thats like that. That it applies only to Kluth and has a big boost (basically the power of 2-3 ECM). This would allow them to decloak/cloak faster then without the enh.

This benefits the two factions who use ecm and eccm. This does not benefit a cloaked ship.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-29 22:05   
I aint buying this enhancement and aint suggesting to my fleet to buy it. End of story!

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-30 18:05   
hey here is a amazing peice of thought how about making uber enh that people would want to pay money for?

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-10 03:04   
Quote:

Az someone gettiing into a scout means having less firepower on the field to kill something when we CAN see you. Noobs don't know how to use one and pres is poor at best if they did, vets know but we need there rank better used on bigger ships. Beacons on all ships would be nice, or able to swap out a gun mount for one. If I remember old cloak it was cheese, you could decloak and fire before your sig was even full up but when beaconed you could shoot the ship as long as the beacon was there. So cloak was OP and not an issue at the same time but thats not the main topic of this thread.

star commander you have proven yourself a bit retarded. every post i see has something to do with complaining about luth. i used to complain luth are op blah blah blah but there really not. there hard to use and take time learning. how did you even get GM? jesus you dont even know what a fleet NEEDS! a single scout and a SS no wait. let make it better a BD can stop 2 luth shiphons! that happened one night. so please take your head and get it out of your bottem please. im sick of listing to you complain.

you even complained about a ICC buff ment for use out of combat.
now you complain about losing your dictor or w/e shove a nub in a scout you dont lose jack! get over your self please.

im not flaming him im just extreamly annoyed that he is ignorent. its like giving a monkey a shotgun. he will shoot at everything and anything that moves for no reason!

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-12 15:00   
Quote:

On 2010-06-10 03:04, Spirit Of Pitch Black wrote:
Quote:

star commander you have proven yourself a bit retarded. every post i see has something to do with complaining about luth. i used to complain luth are op blah blah blah but there really not. there hard to use and take time learning. how did you even get GM? jesus you dont even know what a fleet NEEDS! a single scout and a SS no wait. let make it better a BD can stop 2 luth shiphons! that happened one night. so please take your head and get it out of your bottem please. im sick of listing to you complain.

you even complained about a ICC buff ment for use out of combat.
now you complain about losing your dictor or w/e shove a nub in a scout you dont lose jack! get over your self please.

im not flaming him im just extreamly annoyed that he is ignorent. its like giving a monkey a shotgun. he will shoot at everything and anything that moves for no reason!

Lets just throw the posting etiquette out the window wile your at it

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Page created in 0.021677 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR