No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » /Yell flogging the dead horse
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author /Yell flogging the dead horse
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:18   
Hey all

I'm going to bring it back up because I personally think that it needs to be changed.

Firstly I would like to say that I know you can ignore someone but when it comes to enjoying a game you'd rather not have to find the person's ID and name just to block that one person when there might be about 4 or 5 people who have entered into the fray of 'smacktalking'.

DarkSpace advertises that it is an adult game, the lobby MOTD says this and promotes this with a list of banned subjects to avoid such heated talk or name calling however it does not prevent name calling or 'smacktalking' of a general kind, no matter how light hearted it can be to you the one saying it some of us do not want to have to read it.

You can also say that it is optional to read such things because you don;t have to look in the top left corner, however the writing is bright red and is hard to miss, then add to the fact that if you are not in combat you read it naturally because if somthings there to read, you do it.

In my opinion there should be a easy option to mute /yell for your client during that connection. For instance I can join a game in the MV or scenario and simply press a button to block /yell chat from my client.

You can take the /yell mute option off or you can put it back on freely during gameplay. This would prevent such things as 'smack wars' when someone gets called out or insulted.

Example of such things:
- Calling a Kluth a coward for cloaking
- Calling a player a coward for moving off instead of engaging
- Calling players noobs or morons/idiots.
- Mass laughter at someone who made a mistake, while most people find this funny some people merely get enraged by it then this starts a 'smacktalking war'
- Saying phrases such as "stop hugging the planet ffs" is another example. The game promotes defending planets and promotes the ability to sit in orbit of a planet you wish to defend and do so. It makes little sense to move off just to satisfy the wishes of a random person who doesn't like the seemingly unfair tactical advantage.
- Complaining is also a very quick way to start a /yell war. For example, someone today managed to spawn his dread 5 times on a planet that was under seige by Kluth forces, lose his dread 5 times then continue to complain about how it was 'unfair'. We can all see the mistake here.

Some players like the current /yell function so this is why I suggested being able to mute /yell chat on a button in your client instead of for all /yell.

Some players have even spoken a wish to involve some sort of total mute for ingame chatter or a mute for sections of chat like fleet aswell as /yell because while 'smacktalk' is more common in /yell it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen elsewhere.

This game is an adult game and while we all don't always act like it, we should atleast have the ability to prevent others being offended or annoyed by it. If a new player were to join the MV during a 'smack war' they might not enjoy the sight after playing other MMOs and leave.

In my honest opinion, if you want to start smacktalking or insulting then DS is not the game for you. Go join another game like EvE Online where the smacktalk is so high there entire alliances ban their members from even reading the ingame forums. We don't want to come to that do we?

===================

If you feel that there needs to be a mute option for /yell or for other chats ingame then say so on this thread, speak up. The more people ask for it the more likely it will happen.

Thanks
SilentHunter13

Alois Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:21   
Agreed 100% Make the chat filters mute-able.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:26   
I have always agreed with making /yell muteable. This would just be common sence. In most mmo's you are able to "leave" a chat channel wich is the same as a mute why cannot darkspace do this too?

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:44   
100% agree get rid of yell.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:46   

Like you said this is an adult game, so take it like an adult and GET OVER IT!

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
wolf420
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:47   
i would have to agree hunter we do need a mute button in fact eve and many other games are able to shut off chat functions at will in fact the last game i played you could turn chat functions on and off at will that means all chat or just certain ones

Alois Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 10:47   
Agreed 100% Make the chat filters mute-able.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-05-26 11:09   
It won't be hard to add a command to make /yell filtered ... plan on seeing this in the next update.

Goto the website of Faustus
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 11:23   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 11:09, Faustus wrote:
It won't be hard to add a command to make /yell filtered ... plan on seeing this in the next update.

And the people rejoiced. Better than just ignores working in-game!

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-05-26 14:32   
Oh i love it so much when our lord and savior listens to the players

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 17:54   
agreed you know when F same something he is paying attention got to love it

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 18:13   
You mad about that incident that happened this morning?

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 20:07   
if this is an adult game we should be able to swear like a pirate too.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 21:19   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 11:23, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 11:09, Faustus wrote:

And the people rejoiced. Better than just ignores working in-game!

didn't We had an Argument about this When ignore where Fixed that this Will resurface as "Problem not beeing fixed"?

HA I TOLD YOU ALL and yet i got flamed by devs, well whos laughing now muahahahaha!!!!! ;P
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-26 21:41   

Meh....

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020067 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR