No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Defence Mode
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Defence Mode
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-27 07:00   
Please read the "Posting etiquette" forum thread.

Thread cleaned. Any more nonsense replies and posts will be removed.

In the future, don't try and force a solution to a problem to fix another problem that only you have . ICC are fine in combat, it's the period of getting back into the fray in which they have issues. We remedied this.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-05-27 07:01 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-27 10:47   
Quote:

On 2010-05-25 23:01, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
If this is meant to make ICC have the same power issue luth have with cloak, this isn't working. They at least don't bleed energy when sitting still, maybe the same system should be in place for the new mode when moving?

I hear ya ! for me as your enemy it is a fair request!

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-27 11:31   
Quote:

On 2010-05-27 05:06, Sixkiller wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-27 00:35, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 22:04, BackSlash wrote:
Defence mode is just a name.

It's intended to speed up recovery AFTER battle, not in it. Sorry, this is not what you're trying to make it to be.

Then good job on making another useless thing for ICC.

Will also point out that if you what to speed up AFTER combat repairs and not in combat, then hard cap the limit that UGTO can have there drones in combat. That one has been said time and time again. Really tho these 8x power drain just doesn't make sence for the amount of regen. Its a 1/1 already with normal shields, not a 1/2, then why is it we are punished for having something we SHOULD OF HAD A LONG TIME AGO! It really pisses me off when people who don't play the faction and don't know what we need to do what were supposed to do, start making things for us.
[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC on 2010-05-27 00:40 ]

ICC complained that they lacked the ability to be going back into the ifght in a minute, because shield recharge was to slow. Jack sees this, fixes this for you, and what do you guys do? You burn him to death.
You're not making any sense.

All that I am asking is to, kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Allow ICC to have a good in combat regen rate like there opponents with AHR and Reload Drones. As well as having a good turn around out of combat. Kluth can cloak and wait a few min and there armor will be full or near full when they decloak to attack again. UGTO can do this with tonns of reload drones to completely nullify any damage ICC can attempt to do. All of this is in combat, ICC gets the short end of the stick in this regard, in combat.

So all I am asking is to allow defense mode to not bleed energy while sitting still, but it would bleed energy if you start moving at all. Basically turn yourself into a sitting duck, but you have a good regen rate. Its not like I am asking for more shield HP or anything, just a mode we can put our ships in that allows us to take a little more damage like we were designed to. Also this will put us in line with the other two factions, in a manner of speaking. UGTO and Kluth can not care about energy when regen or repairing there armor or hull, ICC will have to sit still to not lose energy.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-27 14:48   
You do have it. It just doesn't work as you want it.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-27 16:13   
I do agree that ICC lacks somethign in term of combat defence, but i beleive Jack did somethign good, Now we can go back to fight more often. after all, that was all the Whining about, now your just changing the whole thing upside down

instead of burnign him down, Praise him for what he did at least, then your free to go ask for something else

ICC is getting there, slowly but surly XD
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-27 17:59   
I suggest a name change to regen mode. That would more accuratly describe and stop people from thinking its supposed to be used in combat. This is an awesome upgrade and is not ment to change combat other than make it so that we can recharge our shields in the same amount of time as it takes to get repaired. Its not at all like the K'luth cloak, wich is more combat oriented, so should not even be compared to that.

The energy drain is nothing, if you take a station get it almost blown up and try to fix it up, your shields will regen and you can get full energy before your hull is fixed. And that, my friends, is the WHOLE point of it, nothing more nothing less.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-27 18:22   
Try Defense Mode on Support Station.
You can still fire all missles and fighters without energy reduction.
Even with 8x energy drain, Defense Mode is useful in combat.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-28 04:44   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 12:15, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:

I am saying that its not balanced with the other two factions who CAN regen while IN combat. The power needed for this is too high and retarded to drain a ship of energy WHILE SITTING STILL! We have enough power issues as it is already, we don't need another one much less one that drains all your energy while sitting there. We are a faction that is made to take damage and keep on trucking, this defense mode will just make us weaker and have the same turn around we already do to combat. Ya you shields are back, and your hull/armor too but you have NO energy to fight with, so you will have to wait for that to come back too.

I am happy shields will be able to come back but this energy drain is just stupid high. running shields as they are is a 1/1 ratio of energy drain vs % gained, why not make it 4/4? Forcing it to be higher is not going to be logical either, defense mode should push more energy into the shields yes but you will be forced to sit still or lose energy. Thats what I have been saying, if we lose energy while sitting still with this, it will become quite unused and just another thing that was supposed to help ICC, hurting us instead.

Give you an inch, you ask for a whole yard.....

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-28 16:00   
Quote:

On 2010-05-28 04:44, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Give you an inch, you ask for a whole yard.....

sounds like my partner, give him 10% revenue of my job, he asks for it all
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-05-29 13:04   
if you are standing still not fireing wepones then you shouldent be loseing energy from useing def mode (if this is the case then its useless)

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-29 18:44   
How would Defence Mode be useless, pray tell?

I can quite understand why people feel that quickly regenerating shields at a cost is useless, but why do you feel it is so? What's the specific reason?

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-05-30 11:24   

[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral CRAZY45 on 2010-05-30 21:30 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-30 15:01   
Defense mode on. energy drops rapidly.

Turn it off when shields are full or energy hits 50% when you sit in a station, or better yet. turn defense mode on for one or two shields and split the additional regeneration between different shield arcs if you really want to keep it on all the time. you would not get much of an advantage, but it would work.. sorta

Do not complain that you cant be completely invulnerable with it. clever use of it will make you tougher to beat in a fight and much much tougher over the long duration of a battle, which icc was made to do. survive long drawn out standoffs AT RANGE.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-30 15:36   
You can't be invincible with it on, been testing that aspect of it. Shields still drop, ship can still be killed but it takes longer to do it. Nothing in the game costs that much energy to run, NOTHING!

To those who don't know, yes you do drain energy really fast when shields are gone and all of them are charging, with defense mode on. Its even worse in a station as they have 8 shields (or more) to charge.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-30 20:18   
Quote:

On 2010-05-30 15:36, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
You can't be invincible with it on, been testing that aspect of it. Shields still drop, ship can still be killed but it takes longer to do it. Nothing in the game costs that much energy to run, NOTHING!

To those who don't know, yes you do drain energy really fast when shields are gone and all of them are charging, with defense mode on. Its even worse in a station as they have 8 shields (or more) to charge.

Use reactors.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023404 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR