No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Defence Mode
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Defence Mode
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-25 23:01   
I think I found a small issue with Defense mode. It drains power even when sitting still, this should not be. It drains way too much energy when in a station especially, which I would see this benefiting them the most. It should not drain a combat dreads energy when you sit there recharging, and even after when your charged. If this is meant to make ICC have the same power issue luth have with cloak, this isn't working. They at least don't bleed energy when sitting still, maybe the same system should be in place for the new mode when moving? This would allow you to sit and recharge your shields and again, not bleed energy but you would when you started to move over 4 gu. Anyways the system is nice but if you bleed energy when sitting still with it, this will be more of another nerf/useless thing, then something that is 100% beneficial to the whole faction.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-25 23:29   
It drains so much energy to make sure that the person can't just tank damage, if it bothers you so much, just turn off def mode when you have low energy, after all, when rotating shields, it regenerates 4% per second. It's made for a grace period of shields, not turning it on and leaving the computer screen.

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-25 23:39   
Its made so we can regen our shields faster but at a higher cost in energy, but that energy cost is a tad too high for ships. We should be able to tank damage, UGTO can do it why not ICC? ICC ships were made to be low damage (pea shooter rail-guns) with high defensive power (rotatable shields). The issue ICC has been having is we cant repair/recharge our shields with the assistance of outside help, so we cant focus our drones on a single ship and help its shields out. Unlike UGTO that CAN with 8 plates of armor and CAN focus there drones or sit at a depot planet and be invincible to an ICC missile spam.

With a high regen rate to shields we should be harder to kill BUT not be 100% impossible.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 00:05   
The reason why ICC can't tank damage like the ugto is that the ICC were meant for long range, where the ugto are for medium/close range.

Blah blah back to thread...

Once again, the energy use of the uber shield is so high that it can't be left on during entire battles and makes the user choose between more damage (more juice means more pew pew) or uber defence (for a short time).

With the def mode, it should only take 100 seconds (for a combat dread, 1% per second) for it to fully charge, so no worries about getting hulled by enemies anymore, and no more "Oh noz my shields arn't done chargen stop the assault!"

[ This Message was edited by: Original Milk on 2010-05-26 00:07 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 00:36   
but it leaves the ship compleatly useless for combat becasue it leaves it drained of energy to recharge to 100 which it cant reach. If all 4 are chargeing with def mode on you will run out of energy (with PFE drives) before there done, or just as they reach done. Leaving you right where you started, unable to fight. Stations are even worse with having 2 or 3 shields per a facing, you compleatly drain (again wtih PFE drives) before even reaching 50%. The power needs to be cut down a lot, 4x regen with 4x the power would be an even scale.
When time permits maybe add a few modes to it, one at 4x and one at 8x regen rates with 4x power and 8x power drain. One for in combat but not moving and one for a quick charge but with a massive cost in energy, up to the player to decide how he wants to fight. If that were the case I personally would like to use the 4x for combat and the 8x to get back into the fight after dieing or use the 8x to possibly buy myself just that 4seconds needed for the JD to charge so I can get out.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 08:39   
Hmm, maybe, you can try using it like an active shield, turning it on when your taking the most fire (lobster volley). That should fix most of the power issues, sure it's the manual way to use it, but its better than being idle becuase you don't have anymore pew pew juice.

Maybe for stations though, with that many shields on, I could understand making the uber drain a little less than average (say x7 energy loss?)

when your not in battle, you can just turn your shields off, then recharge it for 10 seconds, then turn it back on, since it seems that idle uber takes too much energy for your station.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 09:55   
I think its perfect how it is. It should drain your energy as much as it does. I dont think this should be used in combat, in fact I would have made it so that weapons dont work when defence mode is turned on. This is only to recharge shields wich it works wonders for OUT of combat. And that is the true design of it.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 12:15   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 09:55, Nightsabre wrote:
I think its perfect how it is. It should drain your energy as much as it does. I dont think this should be used in combat, in fact I would have made it so that weapons dont work when defence mode is turned on. This is only to recharge shields wich it works wonders for OUT of combat. And that is the true design of it.

I am saying that its not balanced with the other two factions who CAN regen while IN combat. The power needed for this is too high and retarded to drain a ship of energy WHILE SITTING STILL! We have enough power issues as it is already, we don't need another one much less one that drains all your energy while sitting there. We are a faction that is made to take damage and keep on trucking, this defense mode will just make us weaker and have the same turn around we already do to combat. Ya you shields are back, and your hull/armor too but you have NO energy to fight with, so you will have to wait for that to come back too.

I am happy shields will be able to come back but this energy drain is just stupid high. running shields as they are is a 1/1 ratio of energy drain vs % gained, why not make it 4/4? Forcing it to be higher is not going to be logical either, defense mode should push more energy into the shields yes but you will be forced to sit still or lose energy. Thats what I have been saying, if we lose energy while sitting still with this, it will become quite unused and just another thing that was supposed to help ICC, hurting us instead.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 17:45   
Quote:

This is only to recharge shields wich it works wonders for OUT of combat. And that is the true design of it.

This

And the shields don't drain energy when used on smaller ships like combat dreads, with 8 shields, your station needs too much juice.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 19:13   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 17:45, Original Milk wrote:
Quote:

This is only to recharge shields wich it works wonders for OUT of combat. And that is the true design of it.

This

And the shields don't drain energy when used on smaller ships like combat dreads, with 8 shields, your station needs too much juice.

Yes it dose, even when shields are fully charged and defense mode is running you still bleed energy even with PFE drives......Combat Dread, Assault Dread, all of em bleed energy when defense mode is on, don't even want to know what it is for the smaller ships.

Email Starcommander
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 20:06   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 19:13, Starcommand of ICC wrote:

shields are fully charged and defense mode is running

Once again, it's not made to be on all the time, turn 'em off when your shields are full.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-26 21:07   
Defense mode as the name implies is just that, allows you to put your ship into a mode ment to take damage. Will you be able to move? No, but you shouldn't bleed energy either unless you are shooting weps. Defense mode will allow a person to take on more damage from the other two factions that are MADE TO DO DAMAGE! This is another issue with ICC shields, were supposed to be able to soak up damage and keep on going but we lose 400-500% of shielding in less then a few seconds if more then 1 ship is shooting you. Defense mode would allow us, in combat, to regen that lost shielding and possibly live to the end of the combat rather then getting KOed in the first 10 seconds. Kluth can do it while cloaked, UGTO can do it with drones why no ICC? As I said before we are MADE to take the damage, UGTO isn't and neither is Kluth.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-26 22:04   
Defence mode is just a name.

It's intended to speed up recovery AFTER battle, not in it. Sorry, this is not what you're trying to make it to be.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-27 00:35   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 22:04, BackSlash wrote:

It's intended to speed up recovery AFTER battle, not in it. Sorry, this is not what you're trying to make it to be.

Then good job on making another useless thing for ICC.

Will also point out that if you what to speed up AFTER combat repairs and not in combat, then hard cap the limit that UGTO can have there drones in combat. That one has been said time and time again. Really tho these 8x power drain just doesn't make sence for the amount of regen. Its a 1/1 already with normal shields, not a 1/2, then why is it we are punished for having something we SHOULD OF HAD A LONG TIME AGO! It really pisses me off when people who don't play the faction and don't know what we need to do what were supposed to do, start making things for us.
[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC on 2010-05-27 00:40 ]

Email Starcommander
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-05-27 05:06   
Quote:

On 2010-05-27 00:35, Starcommand of ICC wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 22:04, BackSlash wrote:

Then good job on making another useless thing for ICC.

Will also point out that if you what to speed up AFTER combat repairs and not in combat, then hard cap the limit that UGTO can have there drones in combat. That one has been said time and time again. Really tho these 8x power drain just doesn't make sence for the amount of regen. Its a 1/1 already with normal shields, not a 1/2, then why is it we are punished for having something we SHOULD OF HAD A LONG TIME AGO! It really pisses me off when people who don't play the faction and don't know what we need to do what were supposed to do, start making things for us.
[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC on 2010-05-27 00:40 ]

ICC complained that they lacked the ability to be going back into the ifght in a minute, because shield recharge was to slow. Jack sees this, fixes this for you, and what do you guys do? You burn him to death.
You're not making any sense.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019071 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR