Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bounty Hunting
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Bounty Hunting
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-23 20:11   

What? Bounty?

Having AI Pirates come after you? Sounds fun.

Arrrrr..... BRING IT, ye scurvy dogs!

Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-23 20:18   
I think this is a great idea!

But overall, just for the bounty thing...

1000 credit bounty for whomever kills sens (must have screenshot and post it)! Cause he broke my heart lol

Email Jamesbond
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-23 21:11   
What the hell man, YOU broke MY heart. I'm not quite sure how but I'll get you for it. Any feature you would like thrown to top priority on the dev list for killing James... 5 times. Screenies and dramatic reenactment must be included.

Email Sens [R33]
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-23 22:07   
I'm nowhere near the veteran that some of you are, but if kills are pretty much a trophy that sits in the closet (nobody really sees it) and has no positive effect on your character, wouldn't a bounty based on kills be a punishment for good players? It seems this might lead to people holding back from finishing people off so they don't become a bounty.

A bounty system sounds good if there were a more meaningful formula on its mechanics.

Just my 2-cents...

Goto the website of TE5LA
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-23 22:11   
Quote:

On 2010-05-22 12:23, Original Milk wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-22 04:08, Valkaryie Synperco wrote:
How About: 3 Human Kills then you get put on Bounty list. The pirates go on a S&D Mission for the top 10 ppl on the Bounty list. The bounty goes up every time XXX person kills a Human. Gets rid of bounty when that XXX person gets killed by a Bounty Hunter :3.

If you kill the person with a bounty you get XXX pres and XXX Creds

-Valkaryie

I like this idea, maybe after a period of time, your name will get dropped from the bounty and you'll be rewarded a tiny bit of pres and creds for staying alive for so long. (Say 75 creds and 50 prestige)

Maybe they'll make a badge for it too:

Bronze Outlaw: escape from a bounty 5 times
Silver Outlaw: escape from a bounty 25 times
Gold Outlaw: escape from a bounty 50 times.
Platinum Outlaw: escape from a bounty 100 times

So how does one account for escaping from a bounty?

Jumping away from an attack, evading it, and and not being hit for, say, 5 minutes after the last hit?

Maybe a better idea would be get the point for killing the bounty hunter himself (for which I prefer and am more apt to do ).

Killing pirate cruisers.... yummy! Brigandines taste pretty good.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-23 22:22 ]

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-23 22:35   
Quote:

On 2010-05-23 22:11, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

So how does one account for escaping from a bounty?

Jumping away from an attack, evading it, and and not being hit for, say, 5 minutes after the last hit?

Maybe a better idea would be get the point for killing the bounty hunter himself (for which I prefer and am more apt to do ).

Killing pirate cruisers.... yummy! Brigandines taste pretty good.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-05-23 22:22 ]

It could be made that when you are placed on the bounty list, a certain amount of pirate ships will go after you, and when you destroy all of them, you are cleared from the bounty.

The higher your rank, the more ships spawn, of course, there should be a minumum rank to be able to obtain a bounty (What's that rank that allows you to use ICC combat dessies?) to prevent lowbies from being overwhelmed by pirates.

Say, at the lowest rank to obtain a bounty, one ship will go after you, and at ranks like admiral and up, you will be confronted with multiple cruisers, dessies, or even a station.

To make sure that the player doesn't get lolpwned, there will be a limit on how many ships will engage you at one time.

example: Say your a Fleet admiral, so the pirates send 5 cruisers and 3 dessies after you, well, the max amount of ships that can attack you is 2, so it will be 4 waves of 2, with 2 minutes of rest time per wave.

The pirates will spawn from the closest gate and hunt you down until one of you are dead.

To prevent pirate overload, only 3 people can have a bounty on their head at one time. So they will be chosen from the people with most kills from that game, when they leave the game, the bounty is dropped.
[ This Message was edited by: Original Milk on 2010-05-23 22:37 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-23 23:04   
Sounds good. I'm hungry.

I feel like eating at Long John Silver's.

Arrrrrrrrr...............

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-23 23:19   
I would much rather see the command system be added and have people gain a bit of pres for following orders, such as killing a particular player.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-24 08:47   
Quote:

On 2010-05-23 22:35, Original Milk wrote:

It could be made that when you are placed on the bounty list, a certain amount of pirate ships will go after you, and when you destroy all of them, you are cleared from the bounty.

The higher your rank, the more ships spawn, of course, there should be a minumum rank to be able to obtain a bounty (What's that rank that allows you to use ICC combat dessies?) to prevent lowbies from being overwhelmed by pirates.

Say, at the lowest rank to obtain a bounty, one ship will go after you, and at ranks like admiral and up, you will be confronted with multiple cruisers, dessies, or even a station.

To make sure that the player doesn't get lolpwned, there will be a limit on how many ships will engage you at one time.

example: Say your a Fleet admiral, so the pirates send 5 cruisers and 3 dessies after you, well, the max amount of ships that can attack you is 2, so it will be 4 waves of 2, with 2 minutes of rest time per wave.

The pirates will spawn from the closest gate and hunt you down until one of you are dead.

To prevent pirate overload, only 3 people can have a bounty on their head at one time. So they will be chosen from the people with most kills from that game, when they leave the game, the bounty is dropped.
[ This Message was edited by: Original Milk on 2010-05-23 22:37 ]

I like this idea, though I do think 2 is a small number if it's AI Pirate ships unless you're flying a Frigate or DD yourself. I'm used to taking on 2-3 DDs, a Cruiser, and a Frigate or 2 (possibly also an Elite) at a time in RR, pick off a couple then jump away to refill ammo.....flying a Corvette makes it almost ridiculously easy as long as a Nautilus doesn't point jump ontop of me. I'd suggest 4 at a time for Admiral and up (mix of Cruiser/DD), 3 at a time for 2RA-Admiral (mix of Cruiser/DD/Frig), and 2 at a time for everyone else (Frigates).

That and how would other people attacking the Pirates be handled? Would more spawn and go after them, or would they just be able to get free kills while the Pirates are all shooting at you? Jumping to a well defended planet would also easily get the Pirates killed if they follow.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-24 09:27   
If we really wanted pirates to be a threat we wouldove just renamed gaifen pirates and spawned a swarm on you. That or a collection of nautli and a planet with an interdictor for good measure.

Email Sens [R33]
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-24 10:07   
One of my Team Mates placed a Bounty on Steve (Blue Enh) last night. Lol I went in the middle of the UGTO fleet right next to michelle IN A SCARAB and killed him. Evidently I died myself. But now I have a nice Red Exhaust

-Valkaryie

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-24 10:10   
One Extra thing. The Bounty Hunting system COULD be added to the missions couldn't it?

Could be part of a mission to go kill XXX player and you get XXX pres for doing so. And that Mission comes from a High ranked player i.e Marshal/Cheif Marshal.

-Valkaryie

[ This Message was edited by: Valkaryie Synperco on 2010-05-24 10:11 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-24 19:30   
That would be Sops' suggestion.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.020009 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR