Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Old Noob Scenario server
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Old Noob Scenario server
Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-18 18:59   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 18:20, Azreal wrote:
This is too funny to me.

I go in scen and these people self impose all these rules.

Dont attack engies.
Dont attack planets.
Dont drop troops on raze.
Dont do anything that you are supposed to do in the game.
Then these nubs and weaklings go in Sag and get their faces smashed in and the crying starts.

How about use the scens to learn the way the game is SUPPOSED to be played. All your self imposed rules and crying for ship cap just shows why so many cry and phail in this game now.
You do it to yourselves.
I laugh as I kill u because of it too.

If you want a nub server thats what Ursa Minor is for. If you are ver ranked for that server, guess what? Its time to move on.
Dont go into the scen and try to make it a newbie server part II.

MV is actually easier since the dreads and stations were let in Scen. Since in Scen its frst with dreads dominates in MV atleast you'll have dreads on your team.

DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 16:05   
Original Poster here. yaaaay! I was able to find which e-mail address I had originally made my account with and get my old user name, and my password reset

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 04:05, Diep Luc wrote:
If you think the dread is the decisive ship in the game, MV or Sce, then you have fatal mistake. The dread is slow. Don't forget engi can flying around the planet and keep building, when fleeing away from the chasing dread.

Remember, teamwork defeats all alone ship.

HC is the most popular ICC ships in MV, not CD, can you understand?

When bombing a rich-of-sensors planet, a fri is better than a cruiser.

I myself, prefer to take smaller ship and attack behind the bigger ship. If you die, the loss of pres is small. But if you can kill the bigger ship, then :> =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isn't a super long post, but here is my TLDR version.

You lose potential player base by not having somewhere that the new players can truly enjoy themselves for awhile and get a feel for the game while they rank-up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now the slightly longer version.

You're missing one of the major points that I was making though. And that is to not LOSE new player base. A noob doesn't know the tactics for dealing with dreads, let alone teamwork. Let them have their fun...eventually they will learn those things, but don't scare potential players right out of the chute.

Here is an example.

Your friend is interested in the game. (or just any random person that sees it online and says...hmmm...I might try that). Well....there is nowhere they can go as a noob to experiment and get some initial enjoyment of the game without getting wtfpwnd.

So....they get frustrated. They cann't do anything. They think to themselves "screw this...this game sucks".

That old noob server (I think Az said it was the Admiral server, and that is ringing a bell for me) was a LOT of fun for me! It let me get a real taste of the game. If it wasn't for that server, I probably would not have kept playing much more than a week.

[ This Message was edited by: DufasRufas on 2010-05-19 16:08 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-19 16:23   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 04:05, Diep Luc wrote:
If you think the dread is the decisive ship in the game, MV or Sce, then you have fatal mistake. The dread is slow. Don't forget engi can flying around the planet and keep building, when fleeing away from the chasing dread.

Slow yes, but that doesn't matter when you spawn at 5% hull with one pointing directly at you and alpha spamming so you die before you can get away. I've only been playing for a little over a week and I've already seen that happen, then people either quit the match because they get frustrated or they switch sides and join in.

Having a second scenario server with a limit on it would let people who don't want to deal with that possibility still have fun with scenario, and the people who like it the way it is will still have fun doing what they do.

Of course, how feasible this is considering costs and such for putting up another server I don't know/can't say.

DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 16:24   
Also--benefits for more advanced players

-those who would like to go play in an area where it doesn't turn into a Dread/Station slug fest.

-There would be the potential for a lot of noob questions in chat. Someone who wants to be helpful and take some players under their wing and teach them the ways would enjoy that. (Fleet recruiters maybe?)

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-05-19 17:28   
Am i missing something? ursa minor has a rank limit of Lt. Com. dont this mean ships of a higher rank cant be used?
So basicly, this discussion is a waste, because it already exists?

DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 17:45   

Quote:

On 2010-05-19 17:28, Sixkiller wrote:
Am i missing something? ursa minor has a rank limit of Lt. Com. dont this mean ships of a higher rank cant be used?

This will be the last time I post to this thread (knock on wood), because you're right. Probably nothing will happen because of this discussion.

tbh, I didn't know that there was a Lt. Comm limit there. But.... it's in the persistent metaverse.

Think if you were a brand new player. Wouldn't you want somewhere that you can go and play where all the planets aren't all built up? I've been to Ursa Minor a couple of times since my return, and it's no fun there. You get near a planet, planet defenses make you go boom.

Want to practice bombing? Zero chance unless you have a fleet with you that is using tactics to get past the defenses. And where is a noob to learn about those tactics? Not many people tooling around in Ursa Minor to practice with, let alone tell them about the tactics.

Want to try your hand at building a planet up without being flamed by the "elite" players in the normal scenario for screwing it up? Oh! I'll go to the Beginners Area and do that. Oops! All the planets are already built up.

Like I said, nothing will probably happen. I've just been venting new player frustration. And, I have been imagining the frustration of those who are TRULY new players, and not just returning from a long absence.

*edit* - I know servers cost money. I know there are a lot of factors involved in all of this behind the scenes that I have no idea about. But if I were all-powerful and money was no object, I would wave my hand and remove Ursa Minor from the Universe, and change it to a Beginner scenario server. I could be wrong, but I don't think Ursa Minor sees much use anyway.
[ This Message was edited by: DufasRufas on 2010-05-19 17:56 ]

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-19 20:03   
erm Rogens Rift is limted to 1st rear and planets change hands on a regular basis, you can practice planet building, when you can get past the luth out numbering ICC and UGTO combined

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-19 22:01   
Quote:

On 2010-05-19 17:28, Sixkiller wrote:

Erm.... Ursa Mi---what???

Oh that backwater little system which no one bothers with... uh ok....

Well.... I guess you could, if you like flying around alone, doing the pseudo Star Trekky thing like cataloging nebulas and gas giants... (or pretending to do so).....

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 02:13   
A scenario server that resets every few hours would be greatly prefered to a rank limited MV server since theres likely actually going to be stuff happening in it, players to fight against, empty planets to build, etc.

That being said I'm unsure if it would happen since the scenario servers in any incarnation go against the current business model of the game

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-20 05:04   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 17:44, Katejina wrote:
How about you think of the kluth they're dreads can pop out of nowhere and destroy an engie in one shot basically and to my expieriance kluth in Scen. servers always have the most dread players since luth has the most advantage right at the start in scne servers

There is approximately 3-4 seconds after uncloaking for the dread to alpha, you have time to jump. Imagine you're Kluth dread, you will have to think twice before you kill that Engi, cause if you miss, you're the one who is hunted by pinger and enemy dreads. So you have to carefully decide the possible ability.

Kluth has disadvatage in building, since the AD only has 2 drones, while human has 3 drones. It means human will get dread sooner.

No doubt Kluth is the best faction to capture planet, with their ECM active during cloaking. As UGTO has armor plus EMP, and ICC has the shield plus long range wep, while Kluth has low armor, Kluth is not good at defending planet. Hence, build 4 sensors, and off II to get rid of Kluth. Note that OFF II is stronger than Def II or Bomb II.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.033628 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR