Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Old Noob Scenario server
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Old Noob Scenario server
Dufas
Commander

Posted: 2010-05-17 20:16   
Back with a new account after a long break.

Just wondering...what happened to the scenario server that wouldn't let you spawn anything bigger than the ship below a dread?

It would be fun to play on a scenario as a new player (or "new" return player on a new account) where the planets get reset, and you don't have to worry about going up against stations and dreads.

Seems to me, a server like that would allow new players to accumulate prestige faster, and be funner for them. Might mean a lot of new people who currently get bored and leave will stay for longer.

I know there's a noob area of the metaverse...but it's pointless to go there as a noob. you cann't do anything, even though it's a noob area.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-17 20:18   
titan.darkspace.net Metaverse : Ursa Minor (Beginner Area

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 20:29   
There is no longer a newbie or admiral server as before. To be honest, it was just about a year ago that we finally convinced them to bring the scens back after a long time without them. They are what they are now, and Id be glad we have what we do

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Dufas
Commander

Posted: 2010-05-18 00:17   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 20:18, Doran wrote:

Yes, I said in my OP that I know there is a noob area of the metaverse. What I'm saying is that it might be nice to have a noob scenario like there was way back in the day. Then noobs (like me) can experiment with things like building up planets, bombing's, and such.....without being yelled at for being a retard by the people in the regular scenario server.

I stand by my statement that new players will not get as bored and leave the game if they have something they can work on without being utterly destroyed the second a SY comes out on the opposing faction(s).

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-18 00:31   
Quote:

On 2010-05-17 20:18, Doran wrote:

Quote:

On 2010-05-17 20:16, Dufas wrote:

I know there's a noob area of the metaverse...but it's pointless to go there as a noob. you cann't do anything, even though it's a noob area.

Is it just me or did he already say something about it? =\

I also agree that scen. is kinda annoying now espacially since on most of the maps there is only 1 or 2 planets that can support dreads and stations and then that faction that gets those planets dominates.

[ This Message was edited by: Katejina on 2010-05-18 00:32 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-18 00:32   

Guess he wants a noob Scen server where the max you can fly is a dess.

Fallen |3lood Angel*Kiyoh*
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 00:45   
I would love for the max in scen to be destroyers; because once a faction gets a sy up, and someone pulls out a dread, everyone targets the engineers, and then no one else can build a sy and that usually results in a few people ragequiting. I just came from scen, I had a cruiser out and was just dominating everyone until ICC got their sy up and pulled out a dread.

Don't waste your time, Or time will waste you.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 01:00   
A seperate scenario server with DD or CC/CV max ship size would be nice. It'd still let newer people experiment with a lot of different ships and find what playstyle works best for them without having to worry about the "WTF this guy is camping our SY planet in a dread/station and killing everyone as soon as they spawn there!" situation that pops up from time to time. It'd also be fun for older players who want to get away from "bigger is better" DN/station spam.

SnipeDragon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-05-18 01:14   
I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing the old Scen servers back with a max rank of 1st Rear Admiral (Cruisers).. or even a max rank Captain with Dessies being the best ship available.

Email SnipeDragon
twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-18 01:53   
I was just thinking this recently, i miss the old rank limited scenario servers. Something limited to cruisers and below would get my vote.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 04:05   
If you think the dread is the decisive ship in the game, MV or Sce, then you have fatal mistake. The dread is slow. Don't forget engi can flying around the planet and keep building, when fleeing away from the chasing dread.

Remember, teamwork defeats all alone ship.

HC is the most popular ICC ships in MV, not CD, can you understand?

When bombing a rich-of-sensors planet, a fri is better than a cruiser.

I myself, prefer to take smaller ship and attack behind the bigger ship. If you die, the loss of pres is small. But if you can kill the bigger ship, then :> =)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:41   
I don't know if rank limit is the best way to go, just having the DN/Stations unable to be built, or even just having no planets with enough resource capacity to be able to build them would be better. Personally, when I hit Admiral I'd still enjoy being able to join such a server without having to use a different account to do it.

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-18 17:44   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 04:05, Diep Luc wrote:
If you think the dread is the decisive ship in the game, MV or Sce, then you have fatal mistake. The dread is slow. Don't forget engi can flying around the planet and keep building, when fleeing away from the chasing dread.

Remember, teamwork defeats all alone ship.

HC is the most popular ICC ships in MV, not CD, can you understand?

When bombing a rich-of-sensors planet, a fri is better than a cruiser.

I myself, prefer to take smaller ship and attack behind the bigger ship. If you die, the loss of pres is small. But if you can kill the bigger ship, then :> =)

How about you think of the kluth they're dreads can pop out of nowhere and destroy an engie in one shot basically and to my expieriance kluth in Scen. servers always have the most dread players since luth has the most advantage right at the start in scne servers

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 09:41, Talien wrote:
I don't know if rank limit is the best way to go, just having the DN/Stations unable to be built, or even just having no planets with enough resource capacity to be able to build them would be better. Personally, when I hit Admiral I'd still enjoy being able to join such a server without having to use a different account to do it.

Also rank lock doesnt mean you cant join it, you just cant use the ships above the rank its locked at.

[ This Message was edited by: Katejina on 2010-05-18 17:46 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-18 18:20   
This is too funny to me.

I go in scen and these people self impose all these rules.

Dont attack engies.
Dont attack planets.
Dont drop troops on raze.
Dont do anything that you are supposed to do in the game.
Then these nubs and weaklings go in Sag and get their faces smashed in and the crying starts.

How about use the scens to learn the way the game is SUPPOSED to be played. All your self imposed rules and crying for ship cap just shows why so many cry and phail in this game now.
You do it to yourselves.
I laugh as I kill u because of it too.

If you want a nub server thats what Ursa Minor is for. If you are ver ranked for that server, guess what? Its time to move on.
Dont go into the scen and try to make it a newbie server part II.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-18 18:56   
Quote:

On 2010-05-18 17:44, Katejina wrote:
Also rank lock doesnt mean you cant join it, you just cant use the ships above the rank its locked at.

Ah, so that's how it works. Fits perfectly well then.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024513 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR