No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Frigate layouts
 Author Frigate layouts
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-05-16 02:00   
So far, awesome. Went through the ICC frigates and loving what I'm seeing, especially the missiel and minelayer designs.

One question, came up when playing around with Sparrow missiles. Do enhancements to range increase maximum range? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Didn't have time to check, but do they also affect minimum firing range? This is specific to the new missiles.

Email Antra
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-17 07:39   
Ok. So is it right that we dont have noob sup ships anymore? I noticed our noob ensign frigate no longer packs a repair drone? Is this standard on all 3 factions now, a mistake, or is it only a 'luth nub nerf?

Im a little suprised to see heavy cannons on frigs, but hey, suprised in a good way. I have a Nymph modded up now. Its always been my fav frigate, and having a few heavy pew pews is not bad in my eyes.

Man I am bothered at the idea of nubs not repping though.....maybe we could drop the req's for our bottom worker to ensign if so? I mean, we do have three levels of suppage.....I think it is just a bad bad idea for nubs not to be able to ride shotgun in a sup and see how the game works as they earn pres in a semi-safe fashion.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-17 22:02   
For the ICC sensor frigate, it seems that the right heavy gauss cannon has a firing arc of front, instead of front/right side, yet the left heavy gauss cannon can fire from the front/left side, was this intended?
[ This Message was edited by: Original Milk on 2010-05-17 22:05 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-20 10:04   
something, i dont like about the new missle-friggs:
the missles launch upwards, before they track their target, but miss quite often on beta, because they fly over the target (even a non-moving one)
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-05-20 10:05 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-25 12:44   
K'luth frigate layouts get an A from me, better weapons, lesser weapon slots, more effective. The nymph might be a little overpowered with heavy cannons, torpedoes and 5 beams, all in one, maybe reduce cannon strength to standard for a balance.

UGTO frigate layouts get a B from me. A frigate with weapons layout very much similar to the picket destroyer and 5 sensor suites is very OP. Minelayers and bombers have way too many sensor suites, I will recommend reducing the sensors on each by 1 and 2, respectively.

ICC frigate layouts get an A from me. As with the case in UGTO, their minelayers and bombers have many sensor suites, requiring partial removal. The assault frigate is now living to its reputation by being an evolution of the ICC heavy scout, M21A sensor corvette.

All in all, sensor systems have received a large overhaul, which is not very desirable, considering they are frigate classes, and not cruiser classes.

My 2 cents.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-25 16:17   
All support class frigates lost their supply drones.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-25 17:26   
make sense, the supply frigs were putted for the newb players that don't pay but can sitll get the hang of fixing others, now the game is free, have them fight for there big Suppys

Anyway, THe frigs seems much more imposing and more of a threat to higher classes, the Tops will make em effective Anti big ships (in groups of course)
and there heavy weaponry will make em more powerful, newbs wont have to be as scar dnow and can kick so more butts Yay!
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.012498 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR