No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » a small missle issue
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author a small missle issue
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-11 01:52   
Quote:
On 2010-05-10 23:32, JBud wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-10 23:20, Fox McCloud wrote:
Missiles should be able to fire on all arcs no matter the facing of you or the enemy imo.

we saw your first post.

We are planning to do this with the new missiles.

Secondly, we have Firing Angles because this is the know charasteristics of a missile tube.
The missile launches and then homes in on its given target.
For most launch tubes would be directed facing forward, but due to (fictional) structural limitations you can't have all your missiles fire forward. You will have some that fire upward, or sideways or at a combinated angle.
This most part should not be considerd a limitation, but instead should be rejoiced by the tactical oppertunities.
(ever considerd firing missiles while behind a planet or station?)

Third. Yes we could Put missiles on a turret based system, but with the comming of the new missile design that allows firing at all arcs, i would no longer see it happen. The full arc is only happening because we have firing angles, should we change the missiles to turret bases, we would have to retain the limited arcs.

But i have to agree that current ship layouts have there missiles at to strange firing angles and Personaly i would verry much re-do them myself, BUT. With the new missiles in planning, i won't since i'd rather won't do work, only to having to do it again a few months later.

P.s. can a mod dump this to Beta, Thank you.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-11 02:07   
Actually I disagree on the odd firing angle. If you look at it rationally most medium sized land/sea based missiles are launched vertically. Specific examples being cruise missiles launched from a sub or cruiser. Given that space doesn't have the limitation of surface a missile can be deployed from any angle. Top, bottom, side, front, back.... it's a matter of design. Not to mention that I truly enjoy watching 3 or 4 MD's ripple fire alpha and watch the missiles fan out like a blossoming flower.

I know that there are friendly fire complaints but don't park so close together.

With the new missile tracking coming up that will alleviate my only complaint about missiles at this point.

[ This Message was edited by: Great Budda on 2010-05-11 02:22 ]

Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-05-11 05:32   
ummm... missiles rotating around the target... did we forget something important about those missiles? they do splash dmg... DETONATE THE BLOODY THINGS. I've watched small ships lose shields and armor from splash dmg done when some of the more informative players press the Shift key + the fire key they used for those missiles to detonate them if they begin rotating around the intended target

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-05-11 12:56   
Quote:

On 2010-05-10 22:28, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-10 19:51, Starcommand of ICC wrote:

Which is kinda stupid, as over 70% of the game is fought inside the curve arc of an IT or AR missile.

Where the game is fought != Where it's ment to be fought

if you properly coordinate your ship they will work as intended, remember that ICC have best advantages at high range.

and the developers keep cutting that range.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009979 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR