No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Facilitating Faction Leadership
 Author Facilitating Faction Leadership
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-08 23:43   
Idea 1: instead of a metaverse chatroom for everyone in the MV, have a chatroom for each faction that players have access to dependent on their faction when they join an MV server. This way everyone on a faction can communicate with one another quickly and easily.

Idea 2: have a second faction chat channel that is meant for people commanding fleets to use, with their chat appearing in a different colour to the rest of the faction. perhaps lock this by rank?

Idea 3: faction forum - we already have forums for each fleet, but one for each faction would be lovely. perhaps use the already existing "in character" fleets (K'luth tribal council, interstellar cultural confederation, united galactic trade organization) as the basis for these forums.

not all credited to myself, input from necrotic and rhiawhyn

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-09 00:10   
This is how i envision faction command structure.

All factions have one "npc" leader, and 5 to 10 sub commanders. the npc is chosen from the commanders amongst the commanders voted in. all of these things happen by majority vote, including the public.

Npc chooses faction goals, ie capture R33 in two days, the commanders themselves figure out a way to do this.

Say faction a votes in 10 people, those 10 people then decide secretly amongst themselves who will be the high commander, as to keep him from being targeted/spammed for useless things ("Can i has com plox?")

all commanders get the ability to broadcast faction wide like a mod can, similer in look, just different colored (mod would be red/white. faction com would be blue).

commanders can be easily voted out, so if someone is horrible, they can be booted (or they abuse the power) while you are not required to listen to them, you can and hopefully will.

Fleets with a command structure can completely ignore this, as they get a similar thing with fleet broadcasts (which only fleets get and its only for that server, not ALL MV servers)

As for organizing such things, simply have a faction forum which opens when you have not swapped factions for a week, this requires a week to gain access to it as a result. this keeps people from faction hopping back and forth, besides those who are new don't really care about the politics of the factions, do they? so why would THEY bother staying for a week to gain access to that factions whine and "i wana be com!"

In a nutshell, this is how it will work:
Public votes in a set of commanders, the commanders vote in a single person to play as a hidden npc, who can set goals, this npc will not be seen in game and that commander is a "normal" commander ingame. all faction coms can broadcast globally to that faction only through the mv (or server chain they are on, broadcast in sag and all mv servers get it but the scenario server wont, the inverse is true aswell).
one is not required to follow orders, this includes fleets.
faction forums unlock after being on a faction for a week, this is where the voting is held and other talks about faction happenings, the goals are only visible to the commanders as to keep spys from camping those parts and feeding information to another faction (Which i might add is against the roc to do this)

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-09 02:28   
Faction Chat? Hmm seems familiar... reminds me of some green writing... :/

Oh well I don't remember. Leadership? < Needed >

Different Coloured Chat

-This post was made by *Psychedelic* (Formerly known as Dark Valkaryie)

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-09 02:54   
Raliwayn has a really good point here, factions and fleets themselves need a little more organization to them. Like fleets need to have more then just Fleet Admin, and non Fleet Admin.

I like the BF2 idea that has been tossed around, that system was a really good idea and would work wonders here in DS.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-05-09 04:05   
Maybe these are good options for UGTO and ICC.

K'Luth seems to make due with the fleet chat/faction chat/ and semi-liberal use of XFire.

Basically, we dont wait for the devs to hold our hands.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-05-09 07:46   
we make due too, but wed like to make it easier.

Page created in 0.010843 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR