No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Command ships/Special build module/Advanced Space Installations
 Author Command ships/Special build module/Advanced Space Installations
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-05-05 12:12   
Okay, we know that command dreads and stations are called command class because they can do everything at smaller levels. Be it building, scanning or fighter-spamming, they are always praised for that. They lose easily to ships of equal levels, and are not used where intensive usage of one functionality is needed.

So, to enhance their speciality as a 'command' ship and a 'super-dreadnought', I would suggest a new build device, the special build module/build drone level II. This device is capable of one and only one function, serving as a passive multipurpose invasion fleet's capability enhancer. This would be done by using advanced space installations, or advanced platforms. Some of my ideas is below-

1. Space barracks facility - A small space base which creates infantry and can store upto 8 infantry at a time. This structure also has 2 beams and an AR missile bay. Can be built within the orbit of a gas giant or inferno.

2. Resource generator - A small mining base which automatically mines a nearby planet with 2 mining beams, and can store 5000 resources at a time. This structure has 3 beams for defense. Can be built only near an asteroid or in a moon's or inferno's orbit, within 300 gu.

3. Build augmentor - A small drone base which is used for supporting a planet's engineer by lending 2 build drones to their structures. Has 3 beams for defense. Can be build only in the orbit of friendly planets.

4. Ship concealment base - A sensor base that is used for interfering with enemy sensors using 2 ecm systems. Has 2 beams and an IT missile bay for defense. Can be built in orbit of friendly planets or 2500 gus from neutral or hostile planets.

5. Space interdictor base - A platform dedicated to generating a jump disruptor field of 750 gus radius. It has 3 beams for defense. Can be built 4000 gus from planets, moons, and transfer gates.

So, this is my little list of ideas for helping command stations and dreads to augment their importance and strengths in passiveness. Witty comments and more ideas may begin from here. Feedback is requested.

----------------------------X-------------------------X--------------------------------

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-05 12:42   
While this isn't an entirely stupid idea, I believe that currently the general consensus is steering towards a device for command ships that provides an area-effect bonus of some description to friendly ships nearby.

Methinks that these advanced platforms would be better suited for some kind of advanced builder, rather than a command ship. This is merely my opinion, of course.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-05-05 17:22   
Hopefully that bonus gives the command ship bonus prestiege under "command"..

any ship in its radius which gains prestiege gives a small % of it to the commander? note, this isint splitting it. its copying a small part of the gain so the commander is at least able to get something. much unlike how interdictors get absolutly nothing for dictoring ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Rhiawhyn Zerinth on 2010-05-05 21:16 ]

Page created in 0.011044 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR