No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +10.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kaus Borelias
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Kaus Borelias
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-02 14:56   
Quote:

On 2010-05-26 22:53, Shigernafy wrote:
Also, not sure what battle arena means. But if its like fleet wars, we can probably do that, but it will likely be unladdered (no pres gain/loss). Unless ... well, why don't you explain what you mean?

a place with no prestige loss/gain would be a fun place for duels and just messing around

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-02 15:00   
Quote:
On 2010-05-27 03:45, Tellaris wrote:
Something like the old MV, where you have 3 arms and a central cluster of stars to fight over would probably be the best arrangement.

Isn't that basically what we have? 3 arms = Lacerta, Cass, Proc. Center = Sag. I'm not sure how what you're suggesting differs from the existing layout.

Quote:
On 2010-05-27 05:18, Azreal wrote:
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=46861&forum=1

Seems like it could be fun, but we've never really been big fans of having servers with limited functionality -- ie, you can just ignore all aspects but combat. I'm personally happy to try to support it, but it would probably be non-laddered.

Quote:
On 2010-06-02 08:10, Leopard wrote:
1: Remove MI and Pirate NPCs from Sagittarius completely.

Not going to happen. We've discussed it and even nerfed AI numbers a bit, but Faustus is of the opinion that AI have a role in every server and reverts any reduction in numbers.

And while the AI could contribute to lag, if the server happened to be maxing out the CPU, that hasn't come close to happening, so I don't think it's much of a concern. The AI, being as intelligent as a two week old muskrat, doesn't take a lot of processing power.

#2 is answered as well as I could by Azreal.

Quote:
3: Have MI/Pirate enclaves in all three Home servers

This isn't too hard to do, though for the sake of lore, I think it'd make more sense to have pirates in the human cluster and MI in the Kluth one, and then have the gate to the server for each type of AI be behind the respective AI holdings (ie, you have to fly through some pirates in Lacerta to get to the gate to Rogen's).
But realism isn't always the best option. I tend to agree with Azreal that this doesn't make as much sense when there is AI in every other server...

Quote:
On 2010-06-02 08:44, Azreal wrote:
I seem to remember a recent post (about 2 moths ago?) about the servers being rejoined anyways, so I would wait to see what they have first. This was either a dev post or a Faustus post. I seem to remember it was Draffell who posted it......

There are plans to integrate the server view, but we'd still have a number of distinct servers separated into zones -- that is, your nav map would show all connected servers, but you'd still have to connect between servers when you moved more than a couple systems. It'd be a hybrid of current and past server methods, basically. Naturally, I have no timeline.

Quote:
If 2 and 3 are not possible, than at least remove the rank requirement from Rogan's rift and redesign both Rogan's Rift and Procyon to be a lot more accessible. Its a pain in the rear to get to Proc from ICC/UGTO space and UGTO were kicked out completely from Rogan's Rift.

As Azreal pointed out, they have a role that they're fulfilling. If the problem is connections between servers, make a suggestion about how to redesign those (though as I said, I'd like to just remake the whole thing) rather than completely redoing how the MV works (as its basic form isn't going to change much).

I was looking at the [ICC+UGTO+Pirates] + [Neutral] + [Kluth+MI] layout in terms of realism based on the lore. You're right that it would probably shift combat in such a way as to be detrimental to K'Luth. I'm open to other ideas. If nothing else, we can just add a few more systems to the existing layout to accomodate the greater player numbers.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-06-02 15:00 ]

Email Shigernafy
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-02 16:31   
Quote:

On 2010-06-02 15:00, Shigernafy wrote:

Isn't that basically what we have? 3 arms = Lacerta, Cass, Proc. Center = Sag. I'm not sure how what you're suggesting differs from the existing layout.

Is there a layout map someone that shows the entire MV?

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-03 14:35   
Quote:

On 2010-06-02 13:54, Talien wrote:
RR is just plain fun, and a good place to "chill out" without having to worry about suddenly getting jumped by multiple DN/Stations. It's good for newer people to get some bombing/troop drop practice in and (at least lately) there's usually someone there to give pointers to new players who wander in from Ursa Minor and wonder where they are and what to do.

Granted it's almost 100% controlled by ICC nowadays, but usually we'll talk with the UGTO or Kluth players who come by too as long as they don't immediately start shooting at us. Plus it's just amusing to do things like pick apart a Nautilus in orbit of one of the Pirates' own planets with nothing but 2 ECMed scouts.

agreed

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-06-03 14:40   
Maybe DS should just get the old public Map editor back out and allow people to host public servers maybe even have them pay for it. Since I remember some people had some very fun public ones like some of Darkspins old ones.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.012773 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR