No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ideas for marshal ships
 Author ideas for marshal ships
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-28 23:44   
seeing as how marshals have played for i long time i feel that they should get to experiance the advantages and disadvatages of the factions taken to the extreme. Also as marshals are high up on the rank hiarchy they should be able to organize a fleet to keep them from turning into space scrap. As such one marshal ship one in the open should be a pres buffet. so i was thinking they would be something like this

ICC
in there ingenuity and need to make do with what they have since they started as a rebelion have ingeniously taken a Hyper Mass Accelorator and turned it into a cannon able to hurtle objects of large mass at fantastic speeds and deal increadable (think relative) damage. however this comes with some drawbacks. as the ship must form a gravity well to stay in place while firing the cannon. this requires it to divert all the energy it can get out of its engines which must go through a cycle before becoming active again. also because of the extreme range the ship requires a "spotter" or scout that must fly out ahead of the fleet and mark the target with a beacon. and finaly because of the massive amount of radiation expelled when the cannon fires the ship is detectable from across the map (you could use a WH marker to make this happen). inaddition to this the ICC have moddified their pulse wave to make it stronger and unfortunatly more unstable. the new pulse wave casts the entire shield outward and has the potentail to detonate ammunitions that are still inside enemy ships causing some hull damage and reducing the ammo remaining in the ship but this means that the shield must fully recharge from 0% leaving the ship very open (not sure what kind of coding this would take just saying what is crawling through my mind.)

K'luth
the K'luth have found away to consentrate antimatter and fire it as a beam. however this in no small feat. the amount of danger involved in piloting this ship is breath taking. the ship itself it build almost entirely around containing the massive amount of Anti-matter on board. looking something like a mutated UGTO weapons platfrom from bug hell the ship is capable of expelling the Anti-Matter in any direction and can fire upto 4 of said beams at a time. however do to the strict containment proceadure the time it takes to move more anti-matter into the launch tube is considerable. the ship is also able to use the anti matter for propultion making it faster than would be the norm for a ship of its size. despite its power upclose it has major short commings in mid or long range combat with a limited arsenal. also because of the danger involved in Anti-matter the ship is more heavly armored than other K'luth ships but the smallest of hull breaches causes a catistrophic melt down coupled with a spectacular explosion. to deal with its fragility the k'luth have redesigned their cloak for this ship. the new cloak is a high speed cloak that opens a rift in time space to hide the ship which is only made possible because of the energy that is produced with the anti matter and then stored in a large capacitor. however charging the capacitor requires the ship to daivert power from the thrust leaving the ship drifting while it charges (basicly what im getting at is it is a one way cloak. you can cloak on the way in or on the way out but not both and eitherway without buddies your steamed spacelobster.)

UGTO
the UGTO have designed the epitamy of spiky gas guzzleing midrange death. they have redesigned the flux wave by encasing the pulse in electro magnetic radiation that deals intense damage with exponetial drop off over 500 gu's. To get the Flux bomb to its intended target the UGTO have elevated Worm Holes to an art form. the ship is outfitted with a special one way low power WH device. the device also functions as the ships only form of faster than light transportation. the device can only create WH's large enough to envelope the ship momentarily and transport it to its intended destination or to transport the flux bomb to its target. unfortunatly the power required to keep the flux contained is great and firing the cannon expenends all avalable energy (you would need to have a minimum amount of energy to fire the cannon) other than the main cannon the ship is covered in an array of conventional weapons to fend off minor attacks (the ships should not survive an attack from a dread if it is alone but should instead rain doom from the safety of the center of the fleet)

all i have done here is put pen to paper and release the torrent that was surging forth and so that is all i expect of anyone else. i look forward to the (hopefully many) comments

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 00:16   
How abt giving Marshals some extra command options?

- Letting Marshals give commands to AI ship.
- When mission comes up, give them the ability to create/assign missions
- Give Marshal piloted stations the ability to be a mobile spawn point for ships up to Cruiser class

edit: LOL. Forgot.

I've always advocated moving stations up 2 levels. Only Marshals may pilot stations.

That'll ensure their rarity..... and not make this DreadStationSpace.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-29 00:51 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 01:12   
Badges to allow access to new factions.

From the dev log, who knows that these badges might be Marshall only? Or a new faction thats for Marshall and above. There's a lot of room for this game to grow and its taken 10 years for it to get there.

Always thought that Marshalls should get some new super dreads or dread/station hybrids. These ships would be super powerful but at the same time only a few would ever be in the game. As time progresses and it seems that there are too many people in them you either add a new badge system or increase the level cap again and move the ships up with it.

Used to be that GA was a special place to get, now its too easily obtained and now CM is what GA used to be. The elite the top dogs.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 01:23   
Honestly I stopped reading about halfway through the ICC one, you definately have an imagination, however, UBER OMFGPWN ships with such incredible stuff for marshals+ will only increase the current issues with balance.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 01:31   
the ships would need to be specialized enogh so they wouldnt be sick overpowered and take on fleets of dreads

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-29 01:56   
I don't care if its even a scout, with one extra torp. Anything would be nice.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-29 06:45   
Quote:

On 2010-04-29 01:23, JBud *Scientia* wrote:
Honestly I stopped reading about halfway through the ICC one, you definately have an imagination, however, UBER OMFGPWN ships with such incredible stuff for marshals+ will only increase the current issues with balance.

While its true that I probably got over imaginative with what I described it doesn't change the basic principal of taking faction specialization to some manner of extreme not yet witnessed in the DS universe

BTW ty to everyone who posted so far and keep the ball rolling.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 08:33   
off course for now we wouldn't see much Marshal ships, But eventually people will hit marshal and you gonna see instead of Dread space, those Marshal ships
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-30 16:42   
currently UGTO got a Marshal ship already. But ICC and K'Luth are not far behind with development of some of there own..

here is a Link to the UGTO one..

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2010-05-01 14:11   
ahum trident

http://i25.tinypic.com/so1wdh.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2m695dw.jpg

Page created in 0.023489 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR