No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion]Faction Commander
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [Suggestion]Faction Commander
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-30 08:32   
I'm not in favor of a list, unless we add it to a NPC command ship in Ursa Minor.

But ya, command ships will have ranges
First for the AOEffect i think the 5K gu would be the max.
And i think the limit a command ship can set orders should be only in the same solar system. so around 100K gu would do.

gota run,
E

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-30 13:56   
I've have a couple ideas for this topic

1. the command structure (can be filled

Faction command:
Commander
Sub-commanders
----------------------------
Fleet Command:
Fleet Admins
sub fleet admins

2. Each faction would get a space/forum or whatever you want to call it. This would allow the commander to tell the faction's fleets what their overall objectives are. this way fleets still have orders that can be carried out, how they go about reaching these objectives are in there hands

3. You must of been a sub-commander in order for you to apply for the commander position. this would give each faction a chance try out a person to see if they have what it takes to be the commander before they are elected

4. A star is given to the commander and Two bars are given to sub-commanders however, these would only show up to the faction, to a command ship within 3k gu, or a person within 500gu-1k gu (bascially line of sight). this would give the commanders & sub-commanders a chance to survive and not have a bullzeye painted on their backs 24/7. (distance may be changed, command ship like radar, other ships lne of sight)

5. the Commander is elected to the position for a month and can be reelected another 11 times (one year) but must step down for at least one month before being elected again (12:1). this is to prevent the space from being take by just one person and to allow a commander to take a break.

and 6. if the faction feel that the commander and/or sub-commanders are not doing their job/s very well, they can vote them out of their position

these are just some ideas

Dorans imaginary buddy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-02 03:10   
Quote:

On 2010-04-25 21:12, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-25 19:53, Chewy Squirrel {om nom nom nom nom} wrote:

The "powers" of the Faction Commander: The Faction Commander would have no special game-affected powers, just leadership ones which may include:
*Top of the list and special coloring in F2 screen
*Special colored/shaped marker in-game
*Special colored chat in faction chat
*Ability to place "markers" in F2 such as rally or attack points
*Ability to place players into "battle groups" which can then be talked to separately and eventually given orders separately

Sounds interesting.

I'm not really interested in the mechanics of how the FacComm is voted or selected, but I am interested in the scope of his powers or abilities.

I like these:
*Ability to place "markers" in F2 such as rally or attack points
*Ability to place players into "battle groups" which can then be talked to separately and eventually given orders separately

It gives directions and a sense of purpose to the faction.

(It's like a leaf from the bible of Battlefield 2. In BF2, the commander has the ability to direct the teams and groups where to go from his special map. He also has access to special functions like artillery, Satellite scans, and UAV support.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that Fleet Leaders/Comms should have this tool too. Who are the Fleet Comms? Well, they are the respective admins of each fleet.

I propose that the FacComm should also be able to command a limited array of AI ships too. I still vote that AI Engies be removed from the game as they're abso-Effin-lutely useless.

AI supps can be given directions by the FacComm. Ditto AI Trannies, if the FacComm chooses to direct them to cap planets.

FacComm should also be able to direct a limited number of AI combat ships up to Dess class to a certain area (but not who to attack). We don't need micromanagement.

OH MY GOD that sounds like heaven for this game because most of the time im wondering whos leading and whos following it pisses me off its like GTA (do what ever you want) i mean i like a bit of structure and i think no one moves because they have no idea who is going to follow. i think this should be added ASAP because it would help the game alot. i rarely post because i rarely see anything worth posting about but this is something i would fight for.

also i would love the dev team admins and anyone else that helped code this in and implement it!
[ This Message was edited by: Spirit Of Fire on 2010-05-02 03:12 ]

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-04 10:40   
If ever there was an idea that needed top priority in my mind this is it. One small thing to add of the top of my head, to seperate the fact com's chat from the rest of the clutter I was thinking of one of two options or some combination there of.

First option would be to put fact com chat on the over side of the screen under credits or something like that,although if the fact com is talking a lot this could add to screen clutter a bit.

The other option is to make orders appear in a popup message box that is translucent and is minimized after a time interval. I know that when I am in the fray i can get some pretty bad tunnel vision, so the pop up should be close to the center of the screen and detail or at least announce the new orders without getting in the way of those red diamonds I'm trying to click on. ^^

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018980 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR