No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Orders
 Author [Suggestion] Orders
Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-24 23:11   
Im not sure why this was taken out in the first place but the orders thing could be pretty useful again and it could also solve the complaining of everyone hating the AI since you could tell the sups or the trannys to not do what they do now.

Also can be very useful for big fights so not everyone is just doing there on thing in the confusion =\

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-24 23:56   

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-24 23:59   
I would back that, and it would also help players in a way that you could send ai to harrass the other factions

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-25 00:24   
Could also tell engiees to not help you lose pres by "helping" you with the building you are working on. Also somehow setting INF on barracks is gone now too, that one needs to come back.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-25 02:19   
I tend to kill AI trannies myself.yes it costs me some pres but I dont have to worry someone is gonna sneak in a tranny of inf and cap the planet out from under me.tired of planet inf dropping because the trannies are trying to cap a planet where there are no attacking fleets.ppl and the loss of inf adds up in the long run.should just disable trannies altogether til the missions are reinstiuted in game.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-25 03:44   

It'd be better if the Devs removed AI trannies n engies. The AI supps are still not too bad.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-25 06:32   
i gotta agree the AI trannys and engineers are of no help to the faction they are on.

they should all be shot for treason, cause they only ever seem to help the other teams.

Email Meko
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-04-25 10:46   
i would like to see orders reintraduced but i have a feeling thay have it planned but its low on the list of things that need to be fixed

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-25 11:09   
Quote:

On 2010-04-25 10:46, Admiral CRAZY45 wrote:
i would like to see orders reintraduced but i have a feeling thay have it planned but its low on the list of things that need to be fixed

in the mean time they can disable AI transports, that has to be like one line of code.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-25 11:19   
AI Engineers are useful when you're not actively building.

Honestly though I'd rather see all AI disappear from the Metaverse. The transports' only use presently is to reveal the enemy location.

derp.jpg

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-25 11:29   
Yeah but when you capture a ship AI is kinda useful if you can tell it where to go it would make it even more useful

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-25 13:48   
expanding on this topic a little bit if the higher ranking players could set simple orders for everyone of a lower rank that had a little insentive (some bonus pres possibly) then the newer players who are not fond of following orders because they its not in there best interest might fall into line a little bit more. they dont have to be complex, just something along the lines of "capture "planet name here" or attack "pesky enemy ship name here"

- greed works,... especialy the greed increases productivity ^^

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul on 2010-04-25 13:51 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-25 18:56   
I agree very much with bringing orders back. I don't know why they were ever removed, probably from people complaining about order spam but I always found they were very useful, especially with the recent surge in player numbers, it's very hard when someone says "defend __" or "attack __" and you're expected to find them in a spam of F2 ships or red/green triangles on your HUD. Orders were very useful.

Also, no one complains about AI sups, and personally I couldn't care less about trannies and engies, but I never felt faction AI should have been introduced. If I recall, they were mainly introduced because player numbers were low and MV was often quiet - the AI always ensured at least SOMETHING happened. Now we don't have that problem, it seems now that AI only helps players whore combat prestige or add to their kill count.

If this is what the staff WANTS (easy prestige for new players) - then by all means keep it. Otherwise, I can only imagine it being a burden on the servers (must contribute to at least some minor lag).

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-26 03:12   
Think current where looking at the whole.
We want a command interface that allows capital ships giving the orders and dual function as the fighter interface on ships that have fighters.

While the idea and functionality of the old order system is still largely intact, (don't take my word on it) i was told it just didn't work with the AI. They get the order but just do nothing with it.

Guess its a Two Week™ issue, that we need to put on paper and then just find a Maverick or Faustus to work on. I would put it along side the Mission system, but hey i guess that is to much asked.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-05-04 10:10   
I am looking forward eagerly to whatever you guys can pull out of your hat and or bag of magic

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Page created in 0.034056 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR