No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Metaverse Chat Adjustments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author [Suggestion] Metaverse Chat Adjustments
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 13:29   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 12:39, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:
As someone said earlier in the thread, one minute /y could be in the gutter, but the next you might actually want to see.

As for ignoring your own faction, you can always /ignore list and /ignore remove later.

And as someone said earlier I NEVER want to see /y even if it some flowery thing. I think its usless and should be removed, but I also just want the option to ignore anything said over /y. Its not that hard to do. And if I never want to see /y ever again I have to ignore everyone and then I cannot see what they say in any chat again. Instead of offering something that does not fix the problem why can't the problem just be fixed that would allow anyone who does not want to see it have the option to ignore it.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-27 13:43   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 12:39, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:

I'm not sure what you are talking about. /ignores have never applied to in game chat. Now, you can /ignore add Zero28 and never see that person's chat, be it through /send or /y. Generally, you don't need to hide the entirety of yell chat, but just a select group of offenders. As someone said earlier in the thread, one minute /y could be in the gutter, but the next you might actually want to see.

As for ignoring your own faction, you can always /ignore list and /ignore remove later.

Wrong, i actually used Ignored just once against Jasper, and it worked in game for me in faction and in yell, PM as well mind you..

and on the second point, how much time would you take to /ignore all offenders, and then remove them off the list? Especially if the offenders are an entire faction , and some of us might just want to ignore the whole /y whine war going and need to ignore Own faction as well

I play this game to shoot people, The game is not to put everyone in ignore and then removing them and then Re ignoring them on the next /Y whine war all the time...

Quote:

On 2010-04-27 13:29, Nightsabre wrote:
Instead of offering something that does not fix the problem why can't the problem just be fixed that would allow anyone who does not want to see it have the option to ignore it.

Exactly

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-04-27 13:45 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-27 15:17   
You are indeed wrong about past usage of /ignore. It did not apply to in game chats (unfortunately).

As to the rest of your post... /facepalm.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-27 15:53   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 15:17, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:
You are indeed wrong about past usage of /ignore. It did not apply to in game chats (unfortunately).

As to the rest of your post... /facepalm.

im telling you it worked for me, the guy i ignored had to past down messages to another player to speak to me (or insult me)

and i do not know why your smaking your face about

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 17:19   
Regardless of what you may have thought, NO, ignore has NEVER been applied to in game chat.

Perhaps the person u had previously ignored was not aware he could message you in-game.

Perhaps ya'll were in lobby? I dunno, but either way this is the first time in the SIX YEARS I have played that it has been done.

While I personally would love to have an option to disable the /y all together, I will GLADLY take this as an alternative.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-27 20:48   
Quote:
- Ignores are immediate and work in-game now.

Rejoice!

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-28 11:19   
Quote:

On 2010-04-27 17:19, Azreal wrote:
Regardless of what you may have thought, NO, ignore has NEVER been applied to in game chat.

Perhaps the person u had previously ignored was not aware he could message you in-game.

Perhaps ya'll were in lobby? I dunno, but either way this is the first time in the SIX YEARS I have played that it has been done.

I won't argue anymore on that, i know it worked for me, but you guys don't wanna hear it, its not my problem (and no it was in game, since hes got banned once for intentional Friendly fire, because he was speaking to me and i never hear dhim once)
Hell may it was abug that the ffact it work, how the hell should i know, i jsut know it worked once...but only once lol

lets see how long you gonna remain Happy after you keep playing with the /ignore command all the freaking time

~Zero out

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-29 22:09   
The game client has never, up until last week, even been aware that there is an ignore system - it doesn't work based on userids and a db table, just a faction_id applied when you join a team in the MV. So it is seriously impossible to have ignored someone in game.

That said, it will be possible after the next release. And the devs are discussing other changes to the chat system, but those are less likely to be implemented quickly. We have some UI changes way down the pipe and may try to include chat system changes at that point.

Email Shigernafy
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-30 08:24   
Just my 3 cents.

I never ever placed anyone on ignore, not even when certain people where speaking/ranting to much.
The only person i put in ignore was @40922 from the first week i joined darkspace ... ya myself, just so i could say that i am ignoring myself.

Yesterday i went to Beta to test something out with Zero28. I wondered where he was, so i yelled something, it didn't appear so i yelled again.
Guess what Zero heard me but i was unable to see my own chat.
A simple "/ignore delete @40922" fixed it in a second. but this shows to me that the system worked.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.027464 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR