Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Metaverse Chat Adjustments
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Suggestion] Metaverse Chat Adjustments
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-21 11:46   
For ingame, naturally - I wonder if it's possible to allow people to "filter" chat by, say, disabling /y.

This has obvious advantages in that /y quickly degenerates into My Epeen Is Biggest fests (and I should know!) and people who don't want to read people arguing over My Opinion > Yours can simply disable it.
I think some people can get really tired of the constant arguing and fighting over /y, and naturally you don't want to disable it completely for the cordial few who have friendly banter over /y.

Or those who love a good smacktalking.

Additionally is it maybe possible to "lock" your chat with a key combination? Right now you need to click it but it can be a bit cumbersome, is there a way to /chat fleet to automatically make all regular chat go to fleet, so that there's no mouse clicking involved? (I usually find it annoying to do, but that's just me)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-21 11:59   
like having choices.

A capitalistic concept.

I'd also like to add a request for a reply. Like /r is fine by me. Sometimes typing in a name is a pain, and having to constantly type in a number (for dyslecix people like me) is a pain. If could could reply to last tell by a simple /r it would be nice.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-21 13:20   
Or even just making /ignores apply to in game chat.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-21 13:47   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 13:20, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:

That's all I really care about.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-21 14:48   
Quote:
On 2010-04-21 11:46, Bardiche wrote:
Additionally is it maybe possible to "lock" your chat with a key combination? Right now you need to click it but it can be a bit cumbersome, is there a way to /chat fleet to automatically make all regular chat go to fleet, so that there's no mouse clicking involved? (I usually find it annoying to do, but that's just me)

Not only that but when you click and set it to something else and you dock your ship and spawn the same or another, it defaults back to Faction. it won't save your preference.

Hmm another thing to add to the question list..

-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2010-04-21 18:06   
I wonder why should there be ingame chat between 3 enemies ? For chat purpos I think loby is enough and the MV room, and i really think it will lower the "whine, cry, yell" that goes around after a fight, (IMO, don`t kill for saying)

Email -=LoKi=-
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-21 20:53   
Quote:
I wonder why should there be ingame chat between 3 enemies ? For chat purpos I think loby is enough and the MV room, and i really think it will lower the "whine, cry, yell" that goes around after a fight, (IMO, don`t kill for saying)

There is a lot of whining with /y but it is also used for some more meaningful communication, it would be a shame to remove it.

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-04-21 20:53 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-21 22:06   
Ok. For me, a decision is made. I am not going back onto Sag server until there is some way to disable the red scream at me with retarded comments chat crap. Done. Through with it. Will take no more.

It has ruined battles. It has become a cancerous blight upon the communities attitude. It is noise polution for the eyes, and shock therapy on the nerves. The moderators do not patrol, players do no longer self monitor nor fear the censorship of moderators. The issue needs to be addressed.

NOW

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-04-21 22:08   
/y is one of the most enduring and entertaining elements of the MV and Scenario games.

Remove it, and you might as well remove jumpdrives and flux and cloak and pulsewave... it adds spice and variety to the game.

It is also a means of psychological warfare. A lot of people take the game SOOO seriously and are SOOO hardcore that it's easy to get under their skin, and a pissed off pilot is usually a poor pilot - they make more mistakes & are easier to kill and frazzle their teammates.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-21 22:09   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 13:20, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:

aww but then you can't see me bash you for hugging a planet

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-21 22:31   

Hmm... I wish there were just simple shortcut keys for chat, like in HalfLife mods...

eg.
U = team/faction chat
Y = global chat
T = Clan Chat

Hit one of them, and a window pops up and you type it in. Hit Enter, it sends the msg and goes away.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-22 08:21   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 22:08, Coeus wrote:
It is also a means of psychological warfare. A lot of people take the game SOOO seriously and are SOOO hardcore that it's easy to get under their skin, and a pissed off pilot is usually a poor pilot - they make more mistakes & are easier to kill and frazzle their teammates.

This is exactly why I feel people should be given the option of disabling /y.

It is a game. When some people find it their purpose to use a feature of the game for no reason other than piss others off in the hopes it will get them killed more, then I believe that there is something wrong.

Because there are enough who enjoy /y, adding an option to disable it should allow those who just want to play the option to do so without these "psychological warfare" shenanigans.

After all, attack eachothers' ships, not eachothers' moods.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-22 09:36   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 11:46, Bardiche wrote:

This has obvious advantages in that /y quickly degenerates into My Epeen Is Biggest fests (and I should know!) and people who don't want to read people arguing over My Opinion > Yours can simply disable it.

oh GOD please YES!!

most of the times /y is a flamefest of epic proportions that serves no purpose what so ever...

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-22 09:41   
Quote:

On 2010-04-21 22:08, Coeus wrote:

Remove it, and you might as well remove jumpdrives and flux and cloak and pulsewave... it adds spice and variety to the game.

no it doesent, /y CAN be entertaining, but the second someone starts acting like a 5 year old almost EVERYONE takes the bait and then i just log off.

so if i could atleast disable it i could keep playing without having to read a ton of QQ'ing.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-22 10:53   
GCQL ignore list musts be applied into game too. That is the solution !

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020076 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR