No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New Dreads
 Author New Dreads
Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:13   
how about some new dreads to move things along with all these new people joining.

basicly id like to see a tech dread that has insane armor/shields but minimal yet powerful weapons.

IE.

UGTO: Magnetic Armour- armour which protects the hull by diverting a massive amount of energy to it creating a denser and more resiliant protective agent.

Condensed Particals- a new experimental partical cannon which has a much more powerful and deadly blast radius.
(it does 4 times more damage than a heavy partical cannon.)

EMP Beam Cannon- a longer and more disruptive blast of the normal EMP cannon which temporarly shuts down any ship including kluth for a full 30 seconds at the cost of all energy. ( this would also shut down your dread for 10 seconds)

a very powerful comander takes charge in controling this new technology.

=====================================================

ICC: Asgard shields- a massive breakthrough in shield technology which is able to resist Electro Magnetic Pulses by 50%. it also has an advanced computer to be able to move shield energy to the exact area where a projectile is going to hit and take the force in a more condensed area instead of straining all the shields on the ship. this new defense can take the place of armour due to its strength.

Hyper Rail Guns- a much faster and more condensed set of rail guns which do 3 times more damage than a heavy rail gun but also goes faster and further.

Guass Gun X- an experimental weapon capable of punching a perminant hole in a gas giant. this weapon is 6 times more powerful than a heavy guass gun but does not fire as often and takes 30 seconds to reload.

Chronic Pulse Beams- these new experimental weapons can fire 5 pulses in 2 seconds using time distortion technolagy and an advanced computer.

a new advanced computer controls the new technology on this ship.

Kluth: Genetic Armour- a new breed in Kluth armour which is geneticly modified to be adaptive to many energy weapons and also given a new exoskeleton which can take kinetic force times 5 of chiternous armour.

PSI Beam Cannon- this new and experimental weapon devised by the Kluth has been well feared by the Human factions. this new short burst weapon has been feared for its destructive power on low levels of energy.
although it takes 2 minutes to reload and its cost to subsitute cloaking ability for 5 minutes it can do 10 times more damage than a Quantam Singularity Torpedo capable of destroying a station in one hit.

Extracted Plasma Beam cannons - a constant extracting of plasma from cells within the ships that can create a constant burning at the cost of energy these cannons fire a burst shot of 3 plasma beams that can eat away at armor and also condense themselves on icc shields to draw energy from them. these new weapons are considered a very real but not so conserning threat. they do 4 times more damage than heavy plasma cannons.

this ship also has an advanced computer called a hive mind which controls all the new ship systems.
All ships have a WH drive.
All ships have 4 armor slots and 3 weapon slots with 4 engine slots. and 4 aux generators. plus a singularity drive which is a new drive that has increased speeds and has the ability to jump to distant stars faster. with a cost of creating a micro nebula upon exiting jump (temporary like those rings out of regular jump.)

THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NEW DREADS.

You must be Admiral.
have gold in every badge that does not include kamakazi nor privateering
have platnum in combat

losing one of these dreads in combat would be the equivilant of losing 2 VA dreads at once. so basicly 500 pres.

Tell me what you think and for now ignor the fact that this may not be possible at the time..

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:16   
Some nice ideas (unless I have miss read) some just plain crazy. There is also the fact that your a VA and havent had the chance to pilot those other dreads yet. After all if it aint broke dont fix it or tamper with it......why 3 posts though of this?

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:19   
Quote:

On 2010-04-20 08:16, -Fleet Admiral Alucard- wrote:
Some nice ideas (unless I have miss read) some just plain crazy. There is also the fact that your a VA and havent had the chance to pilot those other dreads yet. After all if it aint broke dont fix it or tamper with it......why 3 posts though of this?

well i dont know for some reason it just did that when i hit post forum and i did nothing else

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:20   
Singularity Jump Drive already exists - MI use it.

Maroc
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:25   
Well i like the idea but it wont be fulfilled. It sounds and looks too powerful to even consider creating it. But who know maby one day there be created something like that.

PS. I didnt read completly everything.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:40   
Ow, ow, ow.

Okay, before I even consider commenting on any of those devices, I have to question why on earth these ships need to exist.

Creating a new set of ships is not a trivial matter. Every ship needs to fill a tactical or strategic niche, making it useful in a particular role.

No ship is explicitly better in all situations. Scouts are fast and stealthy. Dreadnaughts are slow and powerful. Stations are practically immobile, but can do just about anything and are hard to kill.

And then there are roles within each class. Supply ships repair other ships. Assault ships attack the enemy head-on at close range. Battle ships provide main line firepower and combat flexibility. Picket destroyers shoot down missiles. Command ships have a wide variety of support capabilities. Everything has a role that it performs best in.

These new dreadnaughts... They lack a niche. As far as I can tell, you're basically suggesting a set of ships that are just plain better than any other dreadnaught, with massive amounts of armour/shields, hideously gigantic guns, and the ability to create wormholes.

The current superdreadnaughts (EAD, assault dread, etc.) have rather specific roles: Making large targets die from very close range. And they have glaring weaknesses when not fulfilling this role, since they lack much in the way of side/rear defence and have mostly short-range weapons.

So my suggestion is this, both for this suggestion and in general: If you're going to think of a new ship design, think very carefully about what role they will fill, and whether another ship already does that job.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2010-04-20 08:49 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:40   
Pretty radical design ideas. Personally Im all for seeing a specialized weapons platform like these. Id lessen the damage on the Kluth Psi weapon though so its not a One hit KO for stations.

Could be a very plausible idea as well, although there would have to be some severe unit caps for these so everyone isnt flying around in one. Would just end up making the battles way to short, as they can be pretty short lived as it is now.

Im not expecting something like this to be implimented, although in the future? Who knows. Would be worth seeing thats for sure.

Email UnknownWarrior
Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-20 08:50   
well i thank everyone so far for giving your opinion and no i wasnt actualy thinking that these ships would be made but i thought that if i came up with something so radical and ubserd that it would eventualy whittle itself down to a point that the weapons and defensive arsenal would be thought of useable and still keep it a tech dread. and i would think that these ships could either become real with the acception of a tad nerfing and a limit on to how many there are plus grand admiral status then i would see something to behold.

i have a few models for the dreads if i can get some previous shots of dreads from a standard generic form so i can sketch something up and see what i can do.

and i would think that this dread could be a pin holder or another idea for a dread to be followed in the new forum.

it will be reasonable......the new dreads forum i gonna create will have a reasonable and sane layout and role.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-20 09:44   
very bad ideas

Email Borgie
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-23 08:49   
Here comes borgi and his non-constructive criticism
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-24 04:11   
Quote:

On 2010-04-23 08:49, Zero28 wrote:

what more do i need to say other then there stupid ideas. this game doesn't need more dreds. its really bad enough this game has become dred/station space. ideas like this only add to it.

Email Borgie
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-24 17:21   

[quote]

what more do i need to say other then there stupid ideas. this game doesn't need more dreds. its really bad enough this game has become dred/station space. ideas like this only add to it.

[quote]

true, but there is also the glaring fact that.....ALL THE WEAPONS AND ARMOR/SHIELDS IN DS ARE LIKE YEAR OLD BREAD!!!! DS really needs some new life/toys. in fact since the devs are resizing ships and in the process of replacing a few ships they might as well get a few new ideas as to what NEW weapons and armor/shields are possible. even through most of these weapons are waaaaaay OP'ed, but personally I do like some of these new ideas, with the exception of the one hit kills. Through out history, there's been new technology and counters to that technology thus has spawned all of today's technology, included the computer that i'm using to type this.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-25 11:57   
Quote:

On 2010-04-24 04:11, Fatal Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-23 08:49, Zero28 wrote:

this game doesn't need more dreds. its really bad enough this game has become dred/station space. ideas like this only add to it.

there ya go, see? It wasn't too hard now was it?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-25 16:23   
[quote]
On 2010-04-24 17:21, James296 wrote:

[quote]

Quote:

true, but there is also the glaring fact that.....ALL THE WEAPONS AND ARMOR/SHIELDS IN DS ARE LIKE YEAR OLD BREAD!!!! DS really needs some new life/toys. in fact since the devs are resizing ships and in the process of replacing a few ships they might as well get a few new ideas as to what NEW weapons and armor/shields are possible. even through most of these weapons are waaaaaay OP'ed, but personally I do like some of these new ideas, with the exception of the one hit kills. Through out history, there's been new technology and counters to that technology thus has spawned all of today's technology, included the computer that i'm using to type this.

yes we may need new ideas, and there comming soon new set of missles are comming in to testing. the ideas in the first posts won't bring balance to the game.

Email Borgie
Page created in 0.023396 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR