Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scenario
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Scenario
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-16 04:37   
Were you in orbit of the planet? Because your ship doesn't actually rotate anymore unless you leave orbit. So you are always in the position you are when you first orbited, regardless if yer screen shows otherwise.

Also.. the whole "blank" map thing would be a nice fix as well.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-16 11:00   
Quote:

On 2010-04-16 04:37, MarshalChaos wrote:
Were you in orbit of the planet? Because your ship doesn't actually rotate anymore unless you leave orbit. So you are always in the position you are when you first orbited, regardless if yer screen shows otherwise.

Also.. the whole "blank" map thing would be a nice fix as well.

Really? /facepalm.

Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-04-16 11:03   
I have to agree with MrSparkle on the rush to dread and make it impossible for the other teams to pull ships out thing. As for the timer... I'd nix the transport on that list, the heavy transport on any race/faction technically is as good as a frigate in a fight. It can take more punishment and dish out some. Also who here hates a tranny rush and likes to make it impossible for the other team to do a thing about getting high enough in the game to actually pose a marginal threat. Some of the time the other team does a tranny rush just to annoy the players on the other team

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-16 11:22   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 21:33, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:
So I just WH'd a couple teammates into a planet because my WH popped out on the wrong side of my ship. It happened again when I rotated some more and tried again, and I saw it earlier this week. I declare shennanigans.

I second that. And it's more than just rotation. I've purposely turned my station to make a wormhole at a specific spot, and it appears behind me or something and sends a teammate where he doesn't want to go.

It happens often enough lately that I'm hesitant to create a wormhole if I'm orbiting a planet.

EDIT:

Quote:
This is to do with a bit of a strange bug; the server won't register you as turning if you're sitting in orbit, so your weapons won't fire properly.

Current solution is to de-orbit before you turn around.

So when did this bug pop up?
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-04-16 11:24 ]

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-16 12:13   
Has it been suggested to just have a server straight pvp....

4 hr map coundown timer... starting out locked to lowest combat ships, every 30 min unlocks next ranks of ships and it all just kill... you spawn ships from either a dedicated planet (already built) near the enemy planet, no blockades and just fight fight fight.... this could be as a seperate server or just called pvp scenerio.

Email ssj4megaman
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-16 13:06   
Quote:

On 2010-04-16 12:13, ssj4megaman wrote:
Has it been suggested to just have a server straight pvp....

4 hr map coundown timer... starting out locked to lowest combat ships, every 30 min unlocks next ranks of ships and it all just kill... you spawn ships from either a dedicated planet (already built) near the enemy planet, no blockades and just fight fight fight.... this could be as a seperate server or just called pvp scenerio.

There used to be Fleetwars, which (iirc) had pres gain/loss turned off, so it was just for fun combat. I would like to see that return, personally.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-16 14:10   
Quote:

On 2010-04-16 13:06, G.Adm. Kirk wrote:

There used to be Fleetwars, which (iirc) had pres gain/loss turned off, so it was just for fun combat. I would like to see that return, personally.

The fleetwar servers never lasted longer than a week or so before they were empty. The novelty quickly wore off when players grew tired of not earning any points. While you may like not losing any, toiling away and not gaining anything after a day or two gets boring and old.

Email Tael
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-16 16:05   
bring fleet wars back and allow pres gain/loss? With the current pres system it should be a good way for some combat.

Just an idea if they come back.

Fleet wars were gone before I came to the game but I assumed they were for fleeted members only? Would be cool if a server was like that and each fleet was against all the others. I have no idea if it was like that or not.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-16 17:34   
The MV is a fleet wars server.

Anyone could join a fleetwars server, All it did was ensure that all people of a particular fleet were on the same team. Same balance feature was enabled.

If only 10 people joined ICC and 20 Kluth PB players tried to get in server, only 10 would get ships and the other 10 would sit in the spawn screen until the ICC got more players.

You have the same system now in the MV, typically in the Sag Sector. No sense wasting server resources.
[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2010-04-16 17:35 ]

Email Tael
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-16 19:15   
I wouldn't really call the current MV comparable to the fleet wars server described, which sounds cool.

Anyways I wanted to ask about two AI issues.

I was told a while back by a dev that the random passing AI would not be able to start a blockade. I just got off the scenario server and there were at times a constant stream of AI bombarding our shipyard. You would kill one and it would be instantly replaced. At points it was impossible to get a moment to use the shipyard. Please change it so AI can not start a blockade.

Also, AI transports. They are only useful at working against their own team. This has been brought up several times before, why are they still in the game?

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-17 03:19   
Quote:

On 2010-04-16 19:15, Sops wrote:
I wouldn't really call the current MV comparable to the fleet wars server described, which sounds cool.

Anyways I wanted to ask about two AI issues.

I was told a while back by a dev that the random passing AI would not be able to start a blockade. I just got off the scenario server and there were at times a constant stream of AI bombarding our shipyard. You would kill one and it would be instantly replaced. At points it was impossible to get a moment to use the shipyard. Please change it so AI can not start a blockade.

Also, AI transports. They are only useful at working against their own team. This has been brought up several times before, why are they still in the game?

I noticed this also.... when an ai starts a blockade it needs to end faster than if a player starts a blockade...

Email ssj4megaman
ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-17 03:20   
Quote:

On 2010-04-16 16:05, Fast Starcommand *CO* wrote:
bring fleet wars back and allow pres gain/loss? With the current pres system it should be a good way for some combat.

Just an idea if they come back.

Fleet wars were gone before I came to the game but I assumed they were for fleeted members only? Would be cool if a server was like that and each fleet was against all the others. I have no idea if it was like that or not.

The answer is simple for fleetwars... allow prestige gain/loss in it.. It doesn't have to be at the same rate, maybe 50% of what you would normally get on any other server.... so it least its something.

Email ssj4megaman
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-17 05:40   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 18:08, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 16:37, Admiral Aranox wrote:
the issue with the current balance system is not all systems have multiple planet to spawn dreads so it can be one team with the highest ranked players but they end up with the crappy planets and cant spawn anything more then dessies while the newbs get cruisers or better

vet in a cruiser beats a newb in a dread.

LOL. Noob in a dread.

I wonder at which point in your DS lifetime will the seemingly elitist Vet's club stop labelling someone and admit them into the fold with open arms.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-17 10:43   
Quote:

On 2010-04-17 03:19, ssj4megaman wrote:

I noticed this also.... when an ai starts a blockade it needs to end faster than if a player starts a blockade...

I don't think AI in scenario should be starting blockades. They're only scouts and frigates and I think neither of those ship classes should be able to blockade unless there's a significant amount of them. You get 4 or 5 frigates buzzing around your planet, then the chance of blockade begins. Scouts I'm not sure should be capable of ever blockading a planet; they're not quite a combat ship in the way frigates, destroyers, cruisers and dreads are.

I think single ship blockading shouldn't start until destroyers, and even then it's a small chance, going up with cruisers, to dreads, to stations having the largest chance.

Transports, engineers and supply should never blockade as they aren't combat ships.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.023933 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR