Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scenario
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Scenario
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 03:38   
First off, I would just like to say I am well aware that this game went in the direction of the MV loonngg ago. But since the game went free, and I started playing again I have been absolutely hooked to the scenario and spend almost all day, everyday playing in it. (And I am far from the only one, which makes it that much better.)

I just had a few suggestions, incase the time ever arised inwhich ya'll had the man power/will to make a few changes that I think, if not all, but most people would love to have.

First of which would be to slightly change up the maps. (I noticed a few changes, spacing of planets and such which is great, and I was very happy about) But maps like Luyten (Small, and with AI impossible to make shipyards and playing in anything but smaller ships possible) and Cygnus (All barren) are quite turn offs. I just would love if they were updated for shipyards and such. Even if just ice planets would make it more enjoyable and much more likely to stay on the map, instead of begging to skip.

Next would be the 'balanced' feature. Which works great when its just ICC vs UGTO. But when it is a three way, it still works the exact same way. Meaning you can have 20 people on UGTO, 20 people on ICC and 1 person on K'Luth.. Making that one person who didn't pick the other two in a very bad position and SoL basically.

But yeah, I just felt like expressing my (unwanted) thoughts. Proceed to haterism <3
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Admiral Progner
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 03:58   
I've also been playing a lot in the Scenario server and would welcome the changes Chaos is Asking for. Concerning the player balance I think instead of guessing which team to join and get stuck with, that the player count be shown to people choosing which team to join. I think it would help balance stuff out a bit.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-15 05:18   
Balance use to work based on number of players, but the issue with that became 20 newbies on faction one with 20 vets on faction two.

So Balace is still enabled on all scenario server maps but its now based on rank.

If you have a level 10 player then you need 10 levels worth of players on the opposing team before it opens up another slot on the high ranked players team.

This was done so you may have two or three dreads on one side but the other side can field 5 or 6 cruisers or 8 destroyers and still have a chance.

Email Tael
Tridgit
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 06:08   
lol so your saying that because hes a marshal, hes pretty much SoL for being on the stacked team *ever*.

added to marshal chaos's suggestions and pleas, hurry up with the new planets n stuff so no more socuts creating perma blockades =))

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 07:09   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 05:18, Tael wrote:
Balance use to work based on number of players, but the issue with that became 20 newbies on faction one with 20 vets on faction two.

So Balace is still enabled on all scenario server maps but its now based on rank.

If you have a level 10 player then you need 10 levels worth of players on the opposing team before it opens up another slot on the high ranked players team.

This was done so you may have two or three dreads on one side but the other side can field 5 or 6 cruisers or 8 destroyers and still have a chance.

Oh I am aware, but what I am sayin' is that between three factions, it only pays attention to the two teams with the most players of whatever rank. Whilst the third may fall behind.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 13:48   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 05:18, Tael wrote:

Unforantely this is not always the case as I run into matches where there's a team with 5 ppl, each one having a dread, while the other having one dread capable player.....so yeah you need to fix the team balancing isses

Gee191
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 15:41   
another option for scenario(though id doubt it would happen) would be either use the old planet value system for ships or what id suggest as a hybrid design of the current and older system

as it is in a scenario at the start all the players rush the good sy planets and more or less ignore the rest of the planets if they weren't flags

the hybrid system i propose would be as follows instead of forcing players to sit around a sy planet for 20-30 min mining to get them ready to produce the bigger ships make it so that the sy is based of the planet value currently held by that factions planets similar to the pull the ship from gate system way back when

on the smaller maps this would force fights for each and every planet such as luyten but at the same time make it so that the maps themselves needn't be changed to have decent sy planets

but at the same time there should be a reason to go for the nice shipyard planets on maps that have them such as increasing the pop need on a sy so that on a barren planet most of the pop that didn't go to things like power and research is needed to run the sy and thus it has very little in the way of planet based defenses where as a Terran with its higher initial food and pop caps would be able to have more defenses than a arid or ice planet

that why its nice if you get a terran but you can still work with not getting one

this also prevents a phenomena Ive observed in maps that have less Terrans than factions
ie. on a map with 2 terrans and all 3 factions one faction is unable to use stations and is at a considerable disadvantage

while my proposed hybrid system would still allow them to use stations if they managed to build up enough other planets to empower a shipyard to build stations

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 16:37   
the issue with the current balance system is not all systems have multiple planet to spawn dreads so it can be one team with the highest ranked players but they end up with the crappy planets and cant spawn anything more then dessies while the newbs get cruisers or better

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-15 17:01   
With the current resources glitch that doesn't pull resources from the planet to spawn ships, when one team hits 90 tech and 180k reources (or whatever it is), they instantly have 10 dreads, and when you are damaged, you can just run sy and spawn a new one.

This needs to be fixed.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-15 18:08   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 16:37, Admiral Aranox wrote:
the issue with the current balance system is not all systems have multiple planet to spawn dreads so it can be one team with the highest ranked players but they end up with the crappy planets and cant spawn anything more then dessies while the newbs get cruisers or better

vet in a cruiser beats a newb in a dread.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-15 19:04   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 18:08, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
vet in a cruiser beats a newb in a dread.

what if its not a newbie in the dread?

Quote:
With the current resources glitch that doesn't pull resources from the planet to spawn ships, when one team hits 90 tech and 180k reources (or whatever it is), they instantly have 10 dreads, and when you are damaged, you can just run sy and spawn a new one.

I like it, keeps that action up and the waiting around for everyone to repair down.
[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-04-15 19:06 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 20:00   
Here's the thing: I like that ships don't use resources when spawned, but don't like that ships can be instantly respawned when you're destroyed.

Reasons are that when ships used to use resources, people would sit at the spawn screen and wait till there was just enough resources, then quickly hit the button in hopes they got the spawn...the others waiting would wait till the next round.

Nobody actually mined because when mining you aren't at the ship select screen and had zero chance in getting the ship you were mining for.

Instant respawning after being destroyed is equally bad though. It's not so bad to shipyard a damaged ship and get a new one, but it is bad to be destroyed and just pull a 100% one straight out of your garage and be instantly back in the action.

That's why I'm an advocate of a combat ship respawn timer if you're destroyed in a combat ship. It would work just as well for scenario: If you are destroyed in a combat ship (any ship other than transport, engineer or supply is combat ship) you have to wait 2 minutes to spawn another one. You can however spawn a transport, engineer or supply any time you want and any time you're destroyed; they're exempt from the timer.

That prevents people getting new dreads and stations right after being destroyed (which we all see happen all the time) but doesn't prevent them from getting a ship and still contributing to the action or otherwise having fun. You just gotta fly a non-combat ship till the timer runs out.

Instantly getting a bunch of dreads in scenario is part of the fun of scenario. Quickly using those dreads to blockade the enemy sy or generally be a pain is not fun though, and only leads to the other team logging off if it doesn't stop.

When's the last time you saw a team win a map by capping all the flag planets, and it wasn't a map people were trying to skip? So any argument in favor of rushing to dreads and blockading shipyards fails because that team has no intention of winning the map, just annoying the other team.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2010-04-15 20:53   
FIX CARGO BUG PLOX

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2010-04-15 20:54   
FIX CARGO BUG PLOX

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-15 21:33   
So I just WH'd a couple teammates into a planet because my WH popped out on the wrong side of my ship. It happened again when I rotated some more and tried again, and I saw it earlier this week. I declare shennanigans.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031882 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR