Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Resources and Prestige
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Resources and Prestige
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:23   
So I’m sitting here mining a planet and its fairly boring but I’m helping my faction out so I continue....and that got me thinking what if for every 1000 units of resources a player unloads onto a friendly planet or platform they gain .1 prestige (that’s 0.1 NOT 1.0).

Makes sense dose it not? And it would be fairly hard to abuse cause although you are getting prestige it would take quite a long time to gain any substantial amount and if you’re in an extractor or engineer you are an easy target for AI's and enemy ships alike.

Just an idea I had while being bored mining, suggestion and criticism are welcome.

Goto the website of 0stego
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:54   
Would work only if you lost .1 pres for buying it from a Port then. I could see that being possible tho, why not sounds like a good idea to me.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-14 00:45   
Would bring more use out of the extractors, I give thumps up

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-14 01:59   
As long as the Port issue is covered, that sounds great.

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2010-04-14 09:41   
As Nightsabre said there could be a 'fee' for taking resources from a port (0.1 or higher?) So that if one were to take resources from the port then distribute them to the planet or platforms they would not gain any prestige from it and this would encourage more people to use extractors/engineers to help out re supplying platforms and planets.

If that did not make any sense its cause I just woke up, but it made sense to me!

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 15:18   
Or you gain prestige for x amount of resources mined, if possible.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-14 15:39   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:23, 0stego wrote:
So I’m sitting here mining a planet and its fairly boring but I’m helping my faction out so I continue....and that got me thinking what if for every 1000 units of resources a player unloads onto a friendly planet or platform they gain .1 prestige (that’s 0.1 NOT 1.0).

Makes sense dose it not? And it would be fairly hard to abuse cause although you are getting prestige it would take quite a long time to gain any substantial amount and if you’re in an extractor or engineer you are an easy target for AI's and enemy ships alike.

Just an idea I had while being bored mining, suggestion and criticism are welcome.

and make it this way. when planet is at max resources, u cant drop anymore to gain prestige..

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:40   
This got swept off the 'Recent Topics' pretty fast.

Would any Admin or Mod like to make a comment on this idea, I feel it would be quite beneficial and give extractors/engineers mining beams more of an active role as I often see people say 'X planet needs resources someone want to mine?' and then there will be silence because no one wants to sit there and mine while not gaining prestige when they could be doing something that actually gains prestige.

Nuds
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:48   
The pres gain can be abused by afk mining/using the cargo bug. I've done this myself to get like 200k resources so I can spawn a dread lol. It would probably be more feasible once the cargo bug has been fixed.

Also, getting badges/pres for mining would be awesome

Email Nuds   Goto the website of Nuds
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 11:35   
This wouldn't get abused at all by afk mining even with the cargo bug. So you mine 200k res, you just made 20 pres.....compared to the rest of the game thats just chump change. Its not different then hunting MI.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 12:06   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 10:48, Nuds wrote:
The pres gain can be abused by afk mining/using the cargo bug. I've done this myself to get like 200k resources so I can spawn a dread lol. It would probably be more feasible once the cargo bug has been fixed.

Also, getting badges/pres for mining would be awesome

Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:23, 0stego wrote:
...for every 1000 units of resources a player unloads onto a friendly planet or platform...

The cargo bug does not unload anything on to the planet so if this is the way you wont gain anything afk mining anyway.

xplosiv
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 13:12   
this should be used to counteract resources lost, you mine in an extractor(you only get pres from mining with your own mining beams) and deposit the resources onto a planet that isnt at resource cap, my cuttent resources lost is 836,000 which is a bit more than -4,000 pres, so when resources lost hit 0 thats it, it doesnt go into minus figures and would stop people from abusing this system. Taking resources from ports would not have any effect on this number.
[ This Message was edited by: xplosiv on 2010-04-15 13:17 ]
[ This Message was edited by: xplosiv on 2010-04-18 12:14 ]

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-15 15:46   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 13:12, xplosiv wrote:
this should be used to counteract resources lost, you mine in an extractor(you only get pres from mining with your own mining beams) and deposit the resources onto a planet that isnt at resource cap, my cuttent resources lost is 836,000 which is a bit more than -4,000 pres, so when resources lost hit 0 thats it, it doesnt go into minus figures and would stop people from abusing this system. Taking resources from ports would have any effect on this number.

Actually I like this idea. As long as they can do something where i makes sure that your the only one that mined the resources you put on. But I"m sure right now they can't as im guessing its not built in. So I think that maybe something similar but different:

When you place resources on a friendly planet or platform your resources lost goes down by that much. When you draw resources out of a Port your resources lost goes up by that ammount. That way you cannont gain pres back for using a port and you get something from mining becaue, lets face it, everyone has gotten blown up.

Altho I would like to see some Dev input if this is even possible.
Edit: I would also like to make sure that people who do this wont gain back prestige too fast.
[ This Message was edited by: Nightsabre on 2010-04-15 15:47 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 17:35   
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 15:46, Nightsabre wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-15 13:12, xplosiv wrote:
this should be used to counteract resources lost, you mine in an extractor(you only get pres from mining with your own mining beams) and deposit the resources onto a planet that isnt at resource cap, my cuttent resources lost is 836,000 which is a bit more than -4,000 pres, so when resources lost hit 0 thats it, it doesnt go into minus figures and would stop people from abusing this system. Taking resources from ports would have any effect on this number.

Actually I like this idea. As long as they can do something where i makes sure that your the only one that mined the resources you put on. But I"m sure right now they can't as im guessing its not built in. So I think that maybe something similar but different:

When you place resources on a friendly planet or platform your resources lost goes down by that much. When you draw resources out of a Port your resources lost goes up by that ammount. That way you cannont gain pres back for using a port and you get something from mining becaue, lets face it, everyone has gotten blown up.

Altho I would like to see some Dev input if this is even possible.
Edit: I would also like to make sure that people who do this wont gain back prestige too fast.
[ This Message was edited by: Nightsabre on 2010-04-15 15:47 ]

sounds good to me

Email Meko
Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-15 22:39   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:54, Nightsabre wrote:
Would work only if you lost .1 pres for buying it from a Port then. I could see that being possible tho, why not sounds like a good idea to me.

there goes mining planets

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028261 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR