No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Idea For New Configeration: Interdictor Criuser
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Idea For New Configeration: Interdictor Criuser
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 17:41   
With the arrival of the Range Limit on the Different array of guns, Specials, i would like to propose a change to the Interdiction Criuser

I was thinking something along the lines of reducing the Range, changing it to a targeted interdiction limited range or making a penalty for activating and keeping active the field, such as a speed reduction.

as it stands the dictor well is a game ender to be blunt, as i see now the dictor just sets up a well, runs at 20 speed and jumps from 1 side to the other side to advoid fire, tbh a dictor with 1000 range should remain with planets, criusers i think would have a miniture version of the field.

Changes i would proberly suggest, by all means say what you feel

Ranges:
If the range would be ajusted:
Around 550-700 would seem resonable
Targetted Interdiction Idea:
Range i would say around 800
Or Speed Penalty:
Around a 30-40% Speed Penalty

by all means this is just a idea so dont blow yer heads off and snap a finger over it in a rage

Tenebrean
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 17:45   
hmmm yh, but what about just giving them a heavy energy drain ? that way they can keep the range but its time limited so it needs to be more of a team effort =p

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 17:47   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 17:45, ArticWolf wrote:
hmmm yh, but what about just giving them a heavy energy drain ? that way they can keep the range but its time limited so it needs to be more of a team effort =p

Your idea was pre-emptively implemented quite a long time ago.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 17:48   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 17:41, *Davion* wrote:

as it stands the dictor well is a game ender to be blunt

if the dictor is a game ender, then the k'luth cloak is well above that, condsidering the dictor is not as often used by a majority of players in the game. When playing a dictor, you better have some protection otherwise your setting your self up for a easy kill

[ This Message was edited by: James296 on 2010-04-13 17:52 ]

Gee191
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 18:36   
another idea is chnage it back so that if the dictor has its field up all ships cant jump within that 1k

i.e the dictor cant jump around nor can his buddies in the eads

this would also mean if the dictor traped some one and then friends wanted to jump over to kill it theyd get stuck on the edge of the dictor field as well

the dictor used to be a two edged sword but now its evil

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 18:50   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 18:36, Gee191 wrote:
another idea is chnage it back so that if the dictor has its field up all ships cant jump within that 1k

i.e the dictor cant jump around nor can his buddies in the eads

this would also mean if the dictor traped some one and then friends wanted to jump over to kill it theyd get stuck on the edge of the dictor field as well

that would just encourage the kluth to play with piecers more because they can cloak, decloak setup dictor field when thier fleet is cloaked near its target.

your idea being implemented would just give kluth dictors a better advantage then any other dictor and fleet

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-04-13 19:30   
I think its fine the way it is maybe decrease the range a little but its not a big issue to me

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 19:39   
How about the range of the dictor scales with the percentage of energy the ship has? So if it goes faster and loses energy, it also loses effectiveness. Only an immobile and thus sitting duck of a dictor can be completely effective.. Once you start shooting and making it dodge fire, you're making its job doubly hard.

Evil to aspiring dictor pilots, I know, but its just a random thought...

Email Shigernafy
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-13 19:49   
I don't like the sound of that... although disabling the Interdictor's jump drive would work a lot. Right now you need to fly fast enough to outfly the Interdictor AND make it out before his JD charges...

It's the only point I dislike currently, without completely overhauling it!

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 19:53   
It'd be nice if each interdicted jump gave you a point of something on your stats. Then you could have each failed jump in range cost energy - basically have an upkeep cost plus a per jump interdicted cost. You could then have a strategy of having a scout or two try to wear down the dictor's energy, or have odds of jump interdicting decrease or change based on factors like energy or whatever.

Email Shigernafy
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-13 20:24   
I say trash the dictor crusier, but thats just me

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-04-13 20:24 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-13 20:49   
I knew this idea was coming from Davion after today battle.

Anyway i agree on dictor that need to be worked.

My idea would be :

Something like a pulse wave or flux wave , one key activated , effective on any able engine (u can disable ur engine to avoid being dictored),within 1000 gu without hassitating friendly or not . Once activated ,effected ships has no jump for 5 seconds scout , 10/frigates/, 15/dessies, 20/cruisers, 30/dreads, 60/stations.

Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-04-13 21:11   
Does anyone read what they type?

Think about every aspect of the game, What was said before. If you want to take out things that are Game enders, Then yes Nerf the Luth Cloak Its used and Whored so many times.

A Interdictor Cruiser is every now and then and usually only One. I fly Interdictors when its a Fleet Movement that way i have protection, If i try to use a Interdictor on my Own Im targeted so quickly i dont have time to react. The Second the Field goes up a Interdictor Cruiser is the Prime Target, Hence without support a Dico Cruiser is already a sitting duck.

And to completely erase it? Thats taking another ship away because you dont like it, I dont like Stations and even though i dont, im not going to recommend taking them out.

I think the current Configuration is fine, its got the right amount of Fire Power for PD Defence and Defence against Small Scouts and Frigates. And still not enough to take down other Cruisers & Frigates on its own.

The speed is moderate, Ive been able to manage about 6-7 and mantain a Proper Power Ratio to keep the Dictor field up. Any more then that and the Power drains quickly, and it only works with PFE Drives.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 23:15   
the dictor is just fine now.

a single destroyer can end a dictors life in short order.

thier energy drain is also very effective in cutting them into the role of "slow as hell and easy to gank"

Email Meko
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-14 04:24   
Quote:

On 2010-04-13 23:15, Meko wrote:
the dictor is just fine now.

a single destroyer can end a dictors life in short order.

thier energy drain is also very effective in cutting them into the role of "slow as hell and easy to gank"

Fighting kluth yesterday, even 1 dictor with a single support ship was able to make it out. On top of that, Pakhos seemed to be able to turn on his dictor and keep i on for an age, long enough to allow several dreads to be killed. Perhaps the energy cost of running a dictor is not yet high enough, or the Piercer has more energy then other dictors?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028299 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR