Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Overview of In Planning:Alpha
 Author Overview of In Planning:Alpha
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-12 06:28   
Just was looking at the dev log and was reading all the in plannings and the like and was wondering how the populas thought of them.

- Missions which allow players to gain bonus prestige, enhancements, and other rewards.

We know this one just would be nice to see it in the In Development instead of In Planning.

- Grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game. Grouped players share stat gains in all stats categories based on the rank of the player.

Party system! Need I say more?

- Total rework of the planetary system. This is an ongoing project, the first stint of which involves a large change to the way planets are captured.

So planets are gonna be even harder to cap? Or is it going to be easier? Which one?

- Single server map. Removing the cluttered server list we have now in replacement with a single server of which players can progressively move around.

This one is a MUST and I would like to see this one come before the missions even. With all the old vets coming back and other people I have talked too, the final line is. WE MISS THE OLD METAVERSE! Would like to see this one bumped up in the line of "the plan" to something like sooner instead of later.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-12 07:57   
The most important change on the list has been shoved repeatedly aside, for various reasons. That is the grouping system.

In a fleet based game, where everything is set up to require a broad scope of ships, there is so little reason for higher ranked players to fly small ships. To be completely honest, in alot of cases, the smaller ships need a higher skill level to pilot effectively for the actual benefit of the ship to surface. New players in a scout, even though it is the only ships they can get, do not make scouts on the battlefield more effective, they make them less effective. Put a veteran in the scout, and suddenly battles can turn on a dime.

BUT

Why would/should I, a Marshal, fly that pitiful ship? I know for a fact from flying alts that scouting gives virtually NO prestige.

Grouping immediately changes that.

Want more dictors, scouts, fleet activity in broad ship profiles? Then add grouping. Otherwise reverse course on the concept of having a broad field of specialized ships. Ya'll are trying to have it both ways, and it is the real nail holding DS to the ground.

It is essential that this be done asap, but I know its not gonna happen.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-12 09:33   
I think most of the game play have been focusin on battle so far, wich i think is good. Still has a bit to go.

The other option i think also needs to be prioritied is the planets. They been awfull ever since 1.5 came to live. And thats 1year and 5-6months ago. Crazy when u think about it eh

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-12 09:41   
double post fail az =) turn that capslock off haha

anyways, they are fixing planets (Yay finally) so im amped about that.

after that i agree with az, ive been 'missing out' on a lot of prestige because dictors dont give much to the pilot. i for one would appreciate the grouping system.

im not too concerned with the MV, because it honestly doesnt matter what the MV state is untill the planet system is revamped

Email Meko
Dakkron
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-12 10:19   
I agree with Azreal. Grouping would see an increase in smaller ship use by more experienced players. New players would get a chance to see how to use them effectively. This would help keep new players around and have them getting scolded less.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-12 11:20   
I agree with Az, but also really miss the old MV.

So,

1. MV Map
2. Grouping
3. Planets
4. ???
5. Profit.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-12 11:26   
old style MV map please.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-12 12:38   
I agree with Az too, which is why I tell new players to focus on capping planets, building, and supplying instead of combat. They're not gonna be effective in their scouts and frigates and are just gonna get destroyed a lot.

Grouping is essential, and should be one of the top development priorities, but I have one major gripe with the alpha plan: sharing stats. I don't like the idea of players sharing badge points (if that's what sharing stats means). Badges represent a player having done that thing, and they're necessary for most mid to high ranked ships. Sharing them would mean people would never really have to capture planets, or engineer, or even fly combat; all they have to do is group with someone who's doing it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to see people with gold engineer who've never engineered, or silver combat who only fly supply. You should have to earn your badges yourself.

My idea for grouping is that only prestige is shared, in the form of bonus prestige. No shared stats, you group with an engineer in scenario and you'll share his prestige but not his construction points.

The game still needs to have things to work toward.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-12 12:59   
Badges should be EARNED.Every badge I have I......ME....MYSELF....EARNED!
To GIVE out badges for something they didnt do personaly lessens the value of the work and skills of someone who EARNED the badge.Badges should NOT be gain thru group activities but by actually doing those things.Pres is one thing badges are another.

A great example...

I dont want to be credited with knocking up your sister when it was my brother that did it.

you want the gain...go thru the pain.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-12 13:13   
most mmo's i have played had a training portion of the game that not only taught me how to play but also helped me gain experience and necessary items/equipment while training so when i was ready to play with the rest of the playerbase i could.. effectively.

i think the devs might be planning taking a similar approach...

grouping would be a good first step
[ This Message was edited by: Riley! on 2010-04-12 13:27 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-12 13:23   
We should share everything on general prestige. Stats need to be different.

Also , I will never group with someone who hasnt earned all golds yet.
[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-04-12 13:24 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-12 13:25   
Quote:

On 2010-04-12 12:38, MrSparkle wrote:

My idea for grouping is that only prestige is shared, in the form of bonus prestige. No shared stats, you group with an engineer in scenario and you'll share his prestige but not his construction points.

The game still needs to have things to work toward.

Agreed!!!

Email Meko
Page created in 0.025047 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR