Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » POLL: Ships use resources when spawned or not?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author POLL: Ships use resources when spawned or not?
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-10 11:00   
Quote:

On 2010-04-10 03:23, Boom Dude wrote:
Then how about resource quota system?
Lets say youre on a new scenario mission. You cap a planet, you build it with good defenses and SY capabilities. You mine the planet upto 100k. A noob notices that youre mining the planet for a dreadnought, and he camps the garage when the planet has 130k. He is anxious for getting his dread and pissing you off.....and he gets pissed off because you had booked a quota of 150k resources of that planet. Now, you go flying your shiny dread while he gets his extractor and starts mining.

What i mean here is that the person who built the planet gets the right to have a minimum quota of resources for himself. He can then mine the planet with no fear of resource usage for ships as long as he doesnt reach the quota(150k in this case). The guy can do whatever he wants with his quota, and may also donate it to the general resource deposits of the planet for others. Also, he gets 10% of what others send to the planet for his quota and gets to decide the generic ship class ceiling that can be spawned from the planet by others.

Got this idea in 20 mins, please do comment

I had a similar idea too, a while ago. Any resources you mine in an extractor or engineer can either be unloaded onto the planet for it's use, including other people spawning ships, or you keep them all and can use them for spawning your ship only.

But it has it's problems, like where do you unload resources you want to keep for yourself? Can you use some of the planet's resources if you don't have enough, or are you stuck with just using yours, and how would the game determine that? (if you have even 1k saved you're locked out of using a planet's resources for instance).

Overall I didn't like the idea, and thought the current bugged system was best. Really the only problem with the current system is that people can quickly get a 100% ship from a nearby shipyard right after they've been destroyed. I've seen plenty of times where two fleets battle it out, one starts taking heavier casualties than the other which means they're winning, and because of the ease of getting that new ship right away the people on the losing team getting destroyed are right back in the action tipping the scales back toward their team.

I'm wondering if a simple timer before respawning after death is the answer? A minute or two might suffice, nothing too long. The problem is not being able to spawn anywhere, the problem is being able to quickly respawn with an undamaged ship immediately after dying, and usually nearby the battle.

I might even want to add that engineers, transports and supply ships are exempt and can be immediatly respawned, because they're easy to destroy and aren't combat ships. Plus it would suck if you're building in scenario, some idiot comes along and kills you, and now you're out for 2 minutes. And a system like this would allow someone who was just killed in a combat ship to immediately respawn as engineer, transport or supply, giving them something to do but not allowing them to quickly reinforce their fleet with yet another undamaged dread or station.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-04-10 11:03 ]

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-10 12:14   
Both Sparkle and Boom Dude have touched on this but I think I will expand it a bit more to what I am thinking.

How about change the Resources Lost stat to just Resources. For every 1000 resources you mine and deposit onto a planet that goes into a positive score on the Resources stat. The new ships you want to spawn get decucted from that stat, if you dont have enough resources to spawn the ship then you cant spawn it. Destroyed ships deduct 10% of the total cost from the Resource score to respawn the ship with the damaged stats, ie 5% hull and what ever armor it comes back with.

If the Resources Lost stat reduces prestige, then (I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) sadly the players are out that prestige. I think it would cause an unfair jump in many players rank if all of those points were rewarded back to them.

This would solve the problem of some noob players camping the SY and waiting for the correct amount of resources to become available to spawn their ship. To help prevent players from amassing a rediculous amount put say a cap of 500,000 resources that a player can have at one specific time. That would allow them to spawn multiple ships but not so many as to be able to spawn an unlimited amount. For this to work though there would have to be a Planet cap instituted to prevent dreads from being spawned from Barren planets.

Quote:

On 2010-04-10 00:15, Boom Dude wrote:
No wonder the resource requirements for ships should be decreased.
Scout-2.5k
Frigate-4k
Destroyer-7-10k
Cruiser-15k
Dread-35k
Station-75k

To counter the prospect of calling dreads from barrens, create planetary class requirements-
Barren-Scouts, Frigates, Destroyers, Transports, Engineers
Ice-Barren+cruisers
Ocean-Ice+regular dreads
Arid-Ocean+Command and Assault dreads
Terran-Everything

Should be as effective in forcing people to mine and restricting them from calling dreads out of barrens

Maybe change that so its (Barren- up do Dessys)(Ice-Cruiser)(Ocean-Regular Dread)(Arid-Assault Dread)(Terran-Everything). That would keep you from spawning something as powerful as a cruiser in a map that should be limited to dessys.

Also ships like Transports, Engineers and Extractors shouldnt cost resources as they are the most important ships you will need and, it would be impossible to spawn an Extractor if you have no resources to begin with.

Just my two sense worth, (if its even worth that much). I think this would solve the problem of players SY camping to get ships and allow the player that was doing the mining to actually get the ship they were mining for instead of getting ganked by a noob.

G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-10 14:12   
We need more sy planets or a more efficient system of moving resources around if ships are going to start costing an arm and a leg, or people are just going to ragequit.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-04-10 17:28   
If AI commands are brought back, shipping resources should be much easier.

Email Antra
Admiral Progner
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-11 04:00   
How about keeping the current ship spawning system but placing a timer on spawning new ships of the same class. For example, flying around in that EAD then get blown up, 3 minute timer for all NEW dreads to be able to spawn, motivating you to take out the damaged one and repairing it OR spawning a new ships of another class. This would apply to either the point at which you are destroyed and to the point at which you spawn. I think this would be great seeing as this would limit free transport spam limiting people from continuously getting free infantry. This I think would help diversify ship classes a little bit too. Of course you would be able to spawn any ship in your garage without the time limit. Anyways, that's just my take on the matter.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-11 04:27   
why is it someone makes an unofficial poll.... people take it like it is an official poll.... wtf

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-04-11 09:50   
Old ships - No
New ships - Maybe (devs, please fix the annoying resource mining bug!!!). Mining at the moment is ultra slow, and if ships are going to take massive resouces from planets, we all might as well turn into miners rather than gamers!
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-11 14:00   
new ships should also have build times, like 30 min for a dread etc so people dont just jump em in get killed respawn rinse repeat, realism!!!!

jes i was joking.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016107 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR