Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » POLL: Ships use resources when spawned or not?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author POLL: Ships use resources when spawned or not?
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 09:17   
DISCLAIMER: This is not an official poll and will likely not affect any game changes in the future, this is simply ment to get the opinion of you as players of the game...

Currently when you spawn your ship at a ShipYard, the resources are NOT drained, which means when one gets to the max limit of the resources, a planet can virtually provide unlimited ships, this is unrealistic, but also prevents annoyances. What is your opinion on this "feature"?

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-09 09:29   
depends on where..MV or scenario

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-04-09 09:33   
I vote yes, but if ships consume 25% of their current costs. (paying 40k off a barren for a destroyer is rather unrealistic)

Doubelieve
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 10:37   
I say no. You just don't get enough through mining to have it actually take the resources

Email Doubelieve
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 11:32   
I vote no. Having them use resources just encourages people to camp the garage screen while others are mining.

It might be interesting if ships required half the resources they do currently (maybe even less) and the gate to a faction's home system acted like a permanent 100 tech shipyard with unlimited resources. That way you always have a place to spawn at in Sag, but constantly getting fresh ships from the nearby sy during a battle becomes impossible.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-09 13:56   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 11:32, MrSparkle wrote:
I vote no. Having them use resources just encourages people to camp the garage screen while others are mining.

It might be interesting if ships required half the resources they do currently (maybe even less) and the gate to a faction's home system acted like a permanent 100 tech shipyard with unlimited resources. That way you always have a place to spawn at in Sag, but constantly getting fresh ships from the nearby sy during a battle becomes impossible.

I Do believe that was the point of resources required.A way to make YOU pay attention to YOUR(faction) planets.If it has a hub (and WOW, they all do when built RIGHT) it does mining as well as all the other lil odds and ends for you..food ...power...mining..production.etc.However its never enough to keep up with SY spawns.Therefore,at some point or other ,YOU will have to stop your combat/supply/capping crusade and pitch in to help out yourself and your faction mates.How you ask?Simple,pull out that lowly extractor, toss on those extra beams to replace the tractors and mine while you're AFK.It costs you NO effort,gets TONS of metals,and allows you to feel better about pulling out that station to go cap what you could have done in a transport.

edited to add sacrcasm.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command*CO* on 2010-04-09 13:56 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 14:02   
Except that as soon as you have enough resources for your ship, someone else spawns because they've been waiting at the garage screen.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-04-10 00:15   
No wonder the resource requirements for ships should be decreased.
Scout-2.5k
Frigate-4k
Destroyer-7-10k
Cruiser-15k
Dread-35k
Station-75k

To counter the prospect of calling dreads from barrens, create planetary class requirements-
Barren-Scouts, Frigates, Destroyers, Transports, Engineers
Ice-Barren+cruisers
Ocean-Ice+regular dreads
Arid-Ocean+Command and Assault dreads
Terran-Everything

Should be as effective in forcing people to mine and restricting them from calling dreads out of barrens

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-04-10 00:19   
Ships not actually deducting the resource cost when newly spawned is a bug.

Goto the website of Drafell
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-10 00:28   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 11:32, MrSparkle wrote:

what he said.

having ships cost resources was a horrible idea while it was in the game before and will be equally horrible if its ever implemented again. it just doesent get along with this games selfcentered team spirit...

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-10 01:26   
Planet resources are what you use to spawn new ships, you buy them with Faction money. Suffice to say you shouldnt be able to afford to spawn 80 dreads if you only have one Barren world left.

Current free ships is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

Email Tael
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-10 01:51   
If it's simply fixed and nothing else is adjusted you're gonna have a lot of angry players on your hands...

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-10 02:06   
Its gonna be great when they fix it. I mean really no one is going to be able to spawn new ships anymore because no one will want to fill up a planet with res. Not to mention how bad this is going to effect Scenario.

The fix? Dubble the res limit for planets and place a Ice or above only on ships ect. This will allow people to put out more then just 1 ship and then wait for 4 hrs to get another one. This will hurt people a lot more in scenario then in the metaverse. Some noob will spawn a ship just as the resources come available and the person who just mined all that will be severely mad, since all that res he just mined for his ship is now gone.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-04-10 03:23   
Then how about resource quota system?
Lets say youre on a new scenario mission. You cap a planet, you build it with good defenses and SY capabilities. You mine the planet upto 100k. A noob notices that youre mining the planet for a dreadnought, and he camps the garage when the planet has 130k. He is anxious for getting his dread and pissing you off.....and he gets pissed off because you had booked a quota of 150k resources of that planet. Now, you go flying your shiny dread while he gets his extractor and starts mining.

What i mean here is that the person who built the planet gets the right to have a minimum quota of resources for himself. He can then mine the planet with no fear of resource usage for ships as long as he doesnt reach the quota(150k in this case). The guy can do whatever he wants with his quota, and may also donate it to the general resource deposits of the planet for others. Also, he gets 10% of what others send to the planet for his quota and gets to decide the generic ship class ceiling that can be spawned from the planet by others.

Got this idea in 20 mins, please do comment

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-10 04:13   
New ships YES!
Ships you already have NO!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021590 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR