Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » About the ICC carrier cruiser...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author About the ICC carrier cruiser...
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 06:32   
Meko, your sufficient line is true, as Jack said.

I hate to spoil Tael's mysteriousness, but the Guppy is being removed because it is being replaced, not because we hate it. Just keep your shorts on and you'll have a new option when beta is released..

Email Shigernafy
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 07:42   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 06:32, Shigernafy wrote:
Meko, your sufficient line is true, as Jack said.

I hate to spoil Tael's mysteriousness, but the Guppy is being removed because it is being replaced, not because we hate it. Just keep your shorts on and you'll have a new option when beta is released..

Win. That makes me very happy about the removal of the guppy, i can stop yelling at ppl in them to grab missile cruisers instead hahaha

Email Meko
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 07:45   
The new ship is exactly the same as the Guppy, but it looks very different.

Very good. (now the fighters should leave from the bays rather than centre and it's perfect!)

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 09:18   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i just deleted mine last time i loged like 5 days ago =(

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 10:42   
ITs not gone yet just spawn a new on if you want!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 10:53   
is there another ship with that skin?

i like the skin.....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 11:04   
That ship when i first got my rank for it was the only ship i used, if the hull is going to be reused, then i dont mind, but if not then i cry >_<

i got a question, for those who wish to keep it as a collector, can we have a special extra slot in the garage for that ship only? or ll we be forced to sacrifice a spot in the garage and maybe a ship full Modded with enhancements?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-09 14:07   
Well Shig let the cat out of the bag early.

The Guppy is going away. Pirates will still have it and people with one in their garages get to keep it as a collectors item, like we said. We'll still update the model as necessary to keep it on par with other ships but it will no longer be an ICC ship.

It was one of my first models and I didnt care for it, but the other carrier I had worked on had gotten corrupt so we used the Guppy instead.

The Guppy is being retired and replaced with the Mk7 Carrier Cruiser model.

This whole thing goes to show that there are people out there that are going to protest ANYTHING we put in the dev log before even going into beta and checking out the changes themselves. Kind of silly and pointless no? Had the same people that have been so vocal in the lobby and forums the last day actually gone into beta to check things before posting their complaints, would have seen the replaced model.

As I said before, before complaining about anything in the Dev Logs, go in to beta and CHECK them out first.

Email Tael
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 14:26   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 14:07, Tael wrote:
Well Shig let the cat out of the bag early.

The Guppy is going away. Pirates will still have it and people with one in their garages get to keep it as a collectors item, like we said. We'll still update the model as necessary to keep it on par with other ships but it will no longer be an ICC ship.

It was one of my first models and I didnt care for it, but the other carrier I had worked on had gotten corrupt so we used the Guppy instead.

The Guppy is being retired and replaced with the Mk7 Carrier Cruiser model.

This whole thing goes to show that there are people out there that are going to protest ANYTHING we put in the dev log before even going into beta and checking out the changes themselves. Kind of silly and pointless no? Had the same people that have been so vocal in the lobby and forums the last day actually gone into beta to check things before posting their complaints, would have seen the replaced model.

As I said before, before complaining about anything in the Dev Logs, go in to beta and CHECK them out first.

Sorry, I see the replacement model now. The way the devlog portrayed it though was very misleading. It says the removal was " in an effort to keep missile and fighter spam to a minimum" which to me doesn't mean the same thing as "there is still a carrier cruiser with the exact same loadout but a different model."

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 14:40   
The Dev Log doesn't mention anything about it being replaced. It says it's being removed from the game, and the next line says "New ship model added to game" (which is too vague).

Why would someone go test the removal of a ship, or go on a hunt for a model they may not be able to find, like last time?

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 16:43   
it still sad to see my fav lookign ship goign away
im gonna miss yew Gumpy

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 17:29   
Quote:

On 2010-04-08 23:57, Tael wrote:
update.

And as many have stated, no one really uses it, so we can get rid of it.

but why getting rid of the hull? theres nothing wrong with THAT part of the shiop, just the utterly useless loadout.

/edit: you might not care for it but theres plenty of players that does. its not getting used because the loadout is dodgy, not because its a hideously looking ship.
[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2010-04-09 17:32 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 18:00   
YOu thecnicly keepign the same loadout the old Carrier cruiser had, thus your not remvoing for the sake of Objects inserver, might add as well the new Carrier cruiser looks hell lot more detailed and much more demanding than the last the old one

Truth is, i dont care what happens with the hull, Jsut make the ship actually useful to be used, CHange the ships loadout a bit or makes some bombers that shoot torps and effective Vs Bigg ships and use fighters agasint small ship

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-09 18:56   

Email Tael
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-09 19:25   
yep it looks like an icc ship, looks nice. are the fighters going to launch from the bays or from under the ship?

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Borgie on 2010-04-10 04:33 ]

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025659 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR