Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » About the ICC carrier cruiser...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author About the ICC carrier cruiser...
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:36   
why remove it? it may not be the most popular ship out there but it IS being used every once in a while. i kbnow of other cruiser class ships ICC have thats being used alot less then the guppy.

so insted of making the ship unspawnable, take the model (because i like that) and use it with a different setup instead.

that way the carrier cruiser itself will still be a collector thing but the hull will still be available.

Tattoo
Captain

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:50   
altho i have not used this ship yet (and wont be able to now...doh...) i must agree with the above post....keep the carrier as is and make it a collectors item BUT! use its 'frame' i guess you would call it and add different weapon systems and engines to create a new ship out of it....and i must agree it dose look fairly neat!

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:50   
agreed the carrier cruiser should have 5 or 6 fighters instead of 4. Guns should be only 4 and only 2 should shoot on any facing. Only 4 CL doing the same thing. Shields and armor same is it is now. So the ship would be weak on normal firepower but its a carrier not a combat ship.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:51   
The devlog claims it is "in an effort to keep missile and fighter spam to a minimum."

But how much can a ship that’s uncommon with 2 missile racks(i think) and 4 fighter's really contribute to missile and fighter spam? Hell everyone who was using the carrier cruiser(2RA's) will now use the missile cruiser, which generates WAY more objects than the carrier cruiser, so this might actually increase the amount of objects in the game and be counterproductive to the alleged "it’s to reduce the amount of objects" explanation the devs give to all the recent changes. Also, might as well remove the Missile dread, aggy, and support stations while you are at it.

(Semi jokingly) Besides we all know the real reason to remove it is in order to for this update to have some sort of ICC nerf. Can't have a patch without that can we? Oh and the more nimble as armor goes down thing also indirectly nerfs the ICC as ICC rely much less on armor than UGTO or Luth and will therefore be helped the least by this change.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:57   
Those of you that have a Guppy in your garage will be able to keep it. Thats the collectors aspect of it. No new Guppys will be spawn able for the ICC.

If you love the model then get one now while you can before the next update.

And as many have stated, no one really uses it, so we can get rid of it.

Email Tael
Tattoo
Captain

Posted: 2010-04-09 00:02   
quick!!
how can i gain 1955 pres in an hour i want that sweet looking ship!

:'( (cries) lol..

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 00:09   
Quote:

On 2010-04-08 23:57, Tael wrote:

So if the reason to remove it is that nobody uses it, why not remove the jump cruiser? I have actually seen quite a few people use the carrier cruiser but NEVER anyone use the jump cruiser.

And if the reason to remove the carrier cruiser is to cut down on the number of objects flying around then your just making that situation worse by removing it. All the second rear admirals that flew the carrier cruiser will now fly the missile cruiser which shoots out 12 objects(missiles) vs the carrier cruisers 6(4 fighters 2 missiles). So i fail to see the reason to pick on the Carrier Cruiser?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 00:59   
Quote:

Those of you that have a Guppy in your garage will be able to keep it. Thats the collectors aspect of it. No new Guppys will be spawn able for the ICC.

I see more CC's then CD's. Reason the CC is less popular is because of the few fighters, its a great ship just needs an update on it really.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 01:29   
Quote:

the guppy is used a hell of a lot more than the jumpcruiser.

=\ remove it too and give us something new and shiney =)

Email Meko
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-09 01:29   
A missile ship with 8 missiles creates 12 objects.

A carrier with 4 fighters that shoot cannons create 5x4 or 20 objects.

A carrier with two wings out has 48 objects while the missile ship only has 16.

Its just logical to get rid of the guppy.

Email Tael
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-09 01:54   
any comment on the jump cruiser?

a statement like "shuttup when we redo the cruiser layouts it will be a relevant ship" will suffice for me =)

Email Meko
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-04-09 04:48   
ehm about i not being popular there is always atleast 1 icc pilot flying a guppy cruiser. this can't be said for the missile cruiser. that can't even be said about the agincourt (and if the guppy is a strain the agin is a bigger strain.)
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 04:53   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 04:48, Timbo wrote:
ehm about i not being popular there is always atleast 1 icc pilot flying a guppy cruiser. this can't be said for the missile cruiser. that can't even be said about the agincourt (and if the guppy is a strain the agin is a bigger strain.)

oh and don't forget about the Sector command bases too. They launch 8 fighters as well as IC/QST's and can build plats which are more......

Yes it sounds ridiculous to remove those as well, same goes for the reason the guppy is getting pulled.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-09 05:44   
Quote:

On 2010-04-09 01:54, Meko wrote:
any comment on the jump cruiser?

a statement like "shuttup when we redo the cruiser layouts it will be a relevant ship" will suffice for me =)

All ships are being refitted, which includes the Jump Cruiser =).

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 06:25   
Gentlemen, we are complaining about a ship we hardly ever use. And to be frank anytime I see someone in a Guppy I want to yell at them to grab a better ship.

Yes, whether this change is effective in reducing the spam is to be seen - will a Guppy really get out all its fighters without anyone gunning them down, or the target fleeing, or any other thing causing them to remove themselves from the game? It's unlikely, but they are removing a suboptimal ship - hopefully we'll get more people flying actually good ships, and we still have the Command Carrier for fighter needs.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026567 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR