No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some Ideas
 Author Some Ideas
Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-06 06:49   
i had some ideas in the past and i wanted to post them here.

1. i had an idea to make a buildable planet which would be a massive amount of coding and i thought it might have been a good idea....obviously not. instead i though why not make a buildable outpost they already have the model of it...it would basicly be the top part of every station you know from thier respective race. and to go along with the buiding thing why not make a buildible storage facility so you dont have to go to a planet every time but instead build the facility and stock it up with resources that way you dont have to go everywhere and it can auto restock other platforms.

2. fleet decor. an idea i had a time back...basicly fleet paint on each fleet ship you know a diff color or whatnot.

those are basicly it although i would like to add the details of the outpost.

would have a ship yard.

only 3 allowed

can hold an unlimited ammount of resources.

can supply

has a sensor platform

is equivilent to 3 wep platforms in firepower but only 2 platforms worth of shields.

takes 10 minutes to build.

without resources it cant keep its shield online nor wep

minumum resources required to keep outpost power online. 50,000
so it would give transports and extractors a meaning again.

for every 10,000 resources deposited into an outpost 1 credit. or 5 pres whicever is better.

those are some ideas and i know i just slathered myself in blood and jumped into shark infested waters so bite away.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-06 07:56   
#2 I like that one a lot.

It has been mermerd about adding fleet flags and the like to ships. Changing your ships color would be even better and better distinguish other fleet apart. It would take some coding to get it to work. As far as I have heard its in "the plan" to add it. Which means we wont see it for another 2 or 3 years. Although I do agree it should be bumped up on the list and made a small priority, shouldn't take long to add it anyways.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-04-06 08:01   
I like the fleet based paint jobs as well. Though its probably not going to be something we see until bump maps are added to the game, which until the Devs get the performance aspect of the game down to a T, we wont be seeing and gloss slapped onto anything anytime soon.

Not saying it wont happen, its just gonna be put off until the game itself is stabalized first.

Email UnknownWarrior
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-06 21:02   
Yeah. #2 is cool.

Maybe each ship model will have a small part of the hull, probably squarish or so, assigned to a decal or texture that is tied to, or assigned to the fleet's flag or banner. Fleeted members would automatically be flagged as such, and have the banner automatically 'painted' there.

Would give fleet commanders a bit of creativity to design their own flags or banner in PS or Paint and upload them as a jpg or otherwise.

That's just an idea.

Customization of paintjob... hmm.... hard to say. Might make factions a bit messy.

Maybe a feature that can be added is ship name. Give the players an option to christen each of their ships, and have that name added as a small banner somewhere on the ship, along with a registration number or something to that effect.

Very superficial perhaps, but it gives players that personal touch and a sense of attachment to their ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-04-06 21:03 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-04-07 04:01   
could make the ship number the player's game ID number. each number different and would allow an enemy to see if he playing a vet or not.Which would NOT necessarily be a good thing.lol.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command*CO* on 2010-04-07 04:03 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-07 04:26   
Quote:

On 2010-04-07 04:01, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
could make the ship number the player's game ID number. each number different and would allow an enemy to see if he playing a vet or not.Which would NOT necessarily be a good thing.lol.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command*CO* on 2010-04-07 04:03 ]

Yeah possible. But we have like up to 8 ships garaged don't we? Would it be possible that all 8 ships have the same number?

Oh yeah... we can only take one ship out at a time

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-07 04:37   
Tael has some very nice decal demos, check out the pirate ships.

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:12   
For fleet flags we could pick from a pre set list already in game. There are only I think about 60 fleets and only about 10 are truly active. With about 150 or so pre done flags we would have a vary low chance of 2 flags getting used at once.

Armor color would be cool, with 2 tone colors. Look at the UGTO ships there white and red as there 2 colors, allow these 2 to be changeable. Kluth are orange and red, ICC are Grey and Blue. STO already dose this to an extent and it would be nice to see this for DS as well. Would really mix up the color pallet in engagements for sure. Ya thats a UGTO ship you are shooting at but its Black and Red or thats a White and Blue ICC ship you are shooting at. Things could look really awsomesauce with changes like that and you know someone would have to do the neon pink fleet.

EDIT: Oh and option #1 has already been discussed and it wont ever be happening.
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-07 07:13 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:38   
only problem fleet colors would pose is the possibility of more lag as the client would probably have to ask the server what flag and/or ship color every ship has that comes in to clipping range.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:50   
Quote:

On 2010-04-07 07:38, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
only problem fleet colors would pose is the possibility of more lag as the client would probably have to ask the server what flag and/or ship color every ship has that comes in to clipping range.

thats where preset ones would work better then custom ones. Preset would be already in the client and just 1 packet would tell your computer what one is there.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-07 07:57   
Quote:

On 2010-04-07 07:12, Fast Starcommand *CO* wrote:
For fleet flags we could pick from a pre set list already in game. There are only I think about 60 fleets and only about 10 are truly active. With about 150 or so pre done flags we would have a vary low chance of 2 flags getting used at once.

Armor color would be cool, with 2 tone colors. Look at the UGTO ships there white and red as there 2 colors, allow these 2 to be changeable. Kluth are orange and red, ICC are Grey and Blue. STO already dose this to an extent and it would be nice to see this for DS as well. Would really mix up the color pallet in engagements for sure. Ya thats a UGTO ship you are shooting at but its Black and Red or thats a White and Blue ICC ship you are shooting at. Things could look really awsomesauce with changes like that and you know someone would have to do the neon pink fleet.

EDIT: Oh and option #1 has already been discussed and it wont ever be happening.
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-07 07:13 ]

Meh.... I think Fleet flags should be customizable and uploadable.

Give them a limit.... say 200x100 pixels or something to that effect.

Trust me. it's gonna be more fun for everyone if they get to design their own flags within a given constraint.

Page created in 0.020154 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR