No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Change to Scenario SY
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Change to Scenario SY
Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-06 03:53   
Ok, another thing i found that could make this game a little more fun is the fact that in scenario it is all about fighting and when one team out numbres the other or gets their sy first and just basically camps the other teams sy planet with cruisers and dreads and all we got is just frigates is just plain pathetic.

Make it so the blockade is not up on planets in scenario. Since it is all about faster combat and not just sitting there frigates vs dreads.

Email Jamesbond
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-06 05:33   

But that's the scenario thing.

The theme is basically "Race to SY"

Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-06 06:52   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 05:33, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

but how fun will that be?

the other team gets sy ahead and perma blockades the other teams currently being built SY then none of the players on that team will be able to get any ships to defend their planet... even the engineers cant build defenses up for the planet cause they always get killed cause even though few or more are defending the engys theyre class of ships will not stand a chance againts dreads and cruisers >> the result most of that teams members leave and the others that were left will soon to cause they dont have/cant use their/the SY.

its really quite anoying especially when a missile dread camps to the moon of the planet that has no defs and start bombarding their sy planet with seige missiles at the same time perma blockade it.

And blockade isnt the only problem cause some players can be jerks all the time in game especially in start of scenario I.e Engy killing, Engy capping, Bombing their starting planets that they just capped,systems that they will bomb like labs or farms for bombing pres, rushing planets by spawning again and again with new tranny, and last but not least camping next to planet to perma blockade it.

I say blockade must go DOWN!

or atleast just remove them from scenario or modify of how easily a planet blockades.

-Cyn

[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-04-06 07:02 ]

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-06 08:14   
I totally agree with this. It would be great to remove the blocade, or at the minimum make it so that AI dont affect it at all. The AI always has planets blockaded even after you push the players away.

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-06 08:38   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 06:52, Cyndrax wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 05:33, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

but how fun will that be?

the other team gets sy ahead and perma blockades the other teams currently being built SY then none of the players on that team will be able to get any ships to defend their planet... even the engineers cant build defenses up for the planet cause they always get killed cause even though few or more are defending the engys theyre class of ships will not stand a chance againts dreads and cruisers >> the result most of that teams members leave and the others that were left will soon to cause they dont have/cant use their/the SY.

its really quite anoying especially when a missile dread camps to the moon of the planet that has no defs and start bombarding their sy planet with seige missiles at the same time perma blockade it.

And blockade isnt the only problem cause some players can be jerks all the time in game especially in start of scenario I.e Engy killing, Engy capping, Bombing their starting planets that they just capped,systems that they will bomb like labs or farms for bombing pres, rushing planets by spawning again and again with new tranny, and last but not least camping next to planet to perma blockade it.

I say blockade must go DOWN!

or atleast just remove them from scenario or modify of how easily a planet blockades.

-Cyn

[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-04-06 07:02 ]

I agree blockade sucks when u got perma blockaders and the friggin enggie killing...... Cyns is right!!

-Mal

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-06 08:45   
I 2nd this!

-Val

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-06 09:28   
I third this, that way if they are trying to blockade your SY at least you can spawn something higher than a frigate to try to drive them away.

Plus its prolly not in the RoC, but come on people DONT KILL ENGINEERS in the scenario servers, half the time I'm on the planet screen and cant see whats going on anyway and I'm sitting still so its not like I'm hard target to hit or anything, maybe it was just the noobs doing it but there are more fun ways to get combat points than shooting mainly defenseless engineers.

But thats just my soap box rant, sorry I'll shut up now.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal DarkCloudd on 2010-04-06 09:30 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-06 13:29   
Actually the goal of Scenario is capture the flag and if that fails, hold the most flags at the end of the timer.

On a related note, we are reviewing and redoing a lot of the blockade code here shortly to make it more logical. A single scout shouldnt be able to blockade a planet...

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-06 13:46   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 13:29, Tael wrote:
Actually the goal of Scenario is capture the flag and if that fails, hold the most flags at the end of the timer.

On a related note, we are reviewing and redoing a lot of the blockade code here shortly to make it more logical. A single scout shouldnt be able to blockade a planet...

Indeed, it'll be based off the new planetary system (when the new system is implimented).

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-06 15:08   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 13:46, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

Indeed, it'll be based off the new planetary system (when the new system is implimented).

In 2 Weeks...

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-06 15:19   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 15:08, $wiss wrote:

In 2 Weeks...

I havent even had time to read over and review it yet.

Trying to finish a few items on my plate. This is giving the other devs time to flesh it out more before I sit down with a marker and go over a print out. Probably going to be atleast a week more brain storming before I go and review it and give my notes. Two weeks would be ambitions, one to two months is more likely.

But it is happening, we just wont rush such a major overhaul.

Email Tael
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-06 20:50   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 15:19, Tael wrote:
Two weeks would be ambitions, one to two months is more likely.

But it is happening, we just wont rush such a major overhaul.

LOL. Two Weeks is already (TM)'ed....
Two Months would be Eternity.

OK, that aside, do you guys have any clues or teasers about how or what the new planetary interaction stuff will be like?

Draxcyn
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-06 20:50   
Quote:

TEAM1= Perma blockaders (people first got sy up)
TEAM2= team that receives perma blockade

Holding it off againts dreads i dont think so..

so lets put it this way ,again blockade is the problem, TEAM1 can start getting bomber dreads,cruisers and dessies etc. which they WILL SURELY use to bomb TEAM2 planet, while TEAM1s other teammates perma blockades TEAM2s planet (which im pretty sure they have ships above frigs to do so) which makes the game no fun and the TEAM1 gets to cap TEAM2s FLAGGED planet, cause of Blockade>No SY>No stronger ships above frigates to defend againts the bombers> Capped

Now if were to do the other way TEAM2 were to bomb. they have no decent bomber ships to use againts heavily defended planets which are just bomber frigs and scouts, and the same time they are unable to defeat the ships defending the planet > Blockade>No SY>No decent bomber ships> cannot capture the flagged planets

So yea... thats how difficult it is in scenario WITHOUT SY.
(Holding planet is not good enough especially when there is still 1-2 hrs left of game time which gives the TEAM1 enough time to cap the TEAM2s flagged planet before time runs out)

-Cyn
[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-04-06 20:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cyndrax on 2010-04-06 20:58 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-04-06 21:59   
Quote:

On 2010-04-06 20:50, Cyndrax wrote:
Quote:

...and the TEAM1 gets to cap TEAM2s FLAGGED planet

Which is the point of the game... Fail to see the issue with playing Capture the flag maps as intended?

Email Tael
Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-06 23:32   
What we are all trying to say is at least give us some sort of level playing field. Really its mostly those stupid AI that just come flying around all the dang time and they blockade the planet just by coming within 1k gu of the planet.

The blockade thing just needs to be reworked. I dunno why a planet would become blockaded when there are 4 friendly ships and (x amount of) platforms around it and the only enemy ship is some stupid ai sensor scout.... I mean seriously wth is it going to do? Beacon the dang planet to death...

Email Jamesbond
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021658 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR