- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Subscription System Changes...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Subscription System Changes...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-15 14:59   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 14:53, Sixkiller wrote:
i believe it will be possible to gain credits by selling enhancements dropped from other ships, perhaps selling resources. Atleast thats what i heard draf say.

I doubt that..

Goto the website of Faustus
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-15 15:08   
i has credits ..........woot! i has something i loves u poeple i cant wait to buy an enhancement YAY.

Email deathblave
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-15 16:14   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 14:59, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

i believe it will be possible to gain credits by selling enhancements dropped from other ships, perhaps selling resources. Atleast thats what i heard draf say.

I doubt that..

While it would be somewhat interesting, it would defeat the purpose of the system, which is to keep the company alive, if you can earn Credits just by playing, and playing is free, then how does the company make money to stay alive?

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-03-15 17:46   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 16:14, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 14:59, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

I doubt that..

While it would be somewhat interesting, it would defeat the purpose of the system, which is to keep the company alive, if you can earn Credits just by playing, and playing is free, then how does the company make money to stay alive?

Because people are lazy by nature and they need to be able to get whatever money can buy by just playing longer.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-15 17:59   
411,310 credits. awesome.

meaning i have $411.31 tied up in this game.
[ This Message was edited by: Leonide *ADM* on 2010-03-15 17:59 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-03-15 18:23   
Only got just under 30k but I suppose that will finally get me that blue engine trail I spent too long hunting for....never saw one on my ships though :'(

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-15 19:01   
How will enhancements be handled with ship loss/death? Will they still be there when we respawn the ship? I ask because if you never change factions or the ships you use. You could buy enhancements for them just the one time and then never have to again, whereas if they are lost when your ship is destroyed you suddenly have something to protect, something you can lose. That will force people to keep buying new ones as they experience ship losses, but also make people hesitant to take their best ships into combat all willy nilly and support a more careful, tactical approach to battles. Opinions may vary one whether people think crazy combat or tactical combat are more ideal.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-03-15 20:11   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 19:01, Kanman wrote:
How will enhancements be handled with ship loss/death? Will they still be there when we respawn the ship? I ask because if you never change factions or the ships you use. You could buy enhancements for them just the one time and then never have to again, whereas if they are lost when your ship is destroyed you suddenly have something to protect, something you can lose. That will force people to keep buying new ones as they experience ship losses, but also make people hesitant to take their best ships into combat all willy nilly and support a more careful, tactical approach to battles. Opinions may vary one whether people think crazy combat or tactical combat are more ideal.

More than likely, you will lose some or all of your enhancements on death..

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-15 20:45   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 20:11, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

-F

If we lose enhancements on death I won't be buying them. Sorry.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-15 20:53   
Quote:

On 2010-03-15 20:11, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

-F

I posted this in the chat but I wanted to post it here as well. it's my personal feeling not ment as a complain or attack.

just once I'd like to see them not mess with the game in a way to stop battles but it just seems impossible. Going free "yay" more people more battles, but lets make them buy enhancments which they lose on death. YAY lobby camping or planet hugging because people will not want to die and we are back to last week again.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-15 21:15   
There will probably be a durability system (the more rare and expensive the enhancement, the lower the durability). Allowing you to spend credits to repair them if you so choose to. This allows you to not lose them instantly, and keeps the entire field balanced.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-03-15 21:15 ]

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-15 21:18   
people were lobby camping before encanements their probley be a safe period for said bought encanements after like 3-4 days if ur ship dies the encanements go with it or something like that anyways vets dont need encanements .

Email deathblave
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 04:11   
imho, unless enhancements are realy cheap, losing them on death = no one buys anymore. after all, i sure wont.

and i agree, the threat of losing enhancements is a battle stopper.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-16 04:31   
Then again, if you buy enhancements and you never lose them, what incentive is to keep buying them? None, exactly.

Don't want to lose your enhancements? Don't die. Pretty straightforward. If you're that bad about it, fine, don't buy them. The rest of the people who are good at not dying will buy them, and be even more awesome. Works out pretty well to me.

The only thing I request is that we be able to remove and store enhancements from ships. Or are refunded, either way.

-Ent

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-16 05:43   
I said before they should sell Pres. There are some crazy people who would pay money just to fly a dread or a station.

Let them buy the pres, go out and get that station and get killed, then they will go buy more pres to get it back.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018336 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR