Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » open poll
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author open poll
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-11 22:54   
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 22:11, Azreal wrote:
I will. I dont care if they log. I have a whole system of dictor diployment refined over several years against players better than any here now.

And yeah, I will beacon. I will tranny rush. I will dictor. I will drop troops on ships. I know tactics that nobody starting in the last three years has seen, and I have no problem using them. I will throw frozen monkey crap at you if that's what it takes to kill you.

When I log in, my goal is to kill red things and break their stuff. If I wanted to hold hands I'd play Wow or Eve ffs.

lol sorry Az, but you have the wrong idea if you think Eve is 'holding hands'.

eve is the most cutthroat game out there. kill or be killed to the Nth degree.

Quote:

Erm.

People worked hard for those enhancements.

Worked hard.

read: farmed for them.

they didn't earn them, they farmed elites to get them. get rid of enhancements. they are useless, and are ruining balance.

[ This Message was edited by: Leonide *ADM* on 2010-03-11 22:57 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-11 23:07   
Quote:

On 2010-03-11 22:54, Leonide *ADM* wrote:

get rid of enhancements. they are useless, and are ruining balance.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-11 23:08   
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 15:21, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-09 13:09, Nithis wrote:
For example; ICC is more of a long range based faction. Being "Jumped On" renders them mostly ineffective

lern2interdictor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

On 2010-03-11 19:17, Doran wrote:
op does not seem to be about dictors.

if topic is not about dictors, dictors are off topic

if off topic continues to page 3, i delete posts.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-03-12 01:35   
LOL. Pak.

I posted something to Doran to said that he started the Dictor thingie, and opened up a can of worms.

My post got deleted, just as he said.

But he also deleted something out that was relevant. It's not just about dictors. It's also about gameplay and players' attitudes.

Wanting this to be nerfed, that to be changed, asking why this faction's ship has less armor, etc etc. We don't need to tweak the ships much more. Players just have to work with their equipment and adapt tactics.

xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-03-12 05:12   
The biggest problem with Darkspace is the lack of ways to gain prez. someone new and of low rank logs into Sag to find nobody else around what can they do? They usually fly around abit, get bored, think Darkspace is a dumb game and log off.

Darkspace needs more ways of earning prez such as mining resources for planets and scouting enemy planets. flying within 400-500 gu of an enemy planet should earn prez. The stronger the def the higher the prez earned. No active def no prez.
[ This Message was edited by: xTx on 2010-03-12 05:21 ]

Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 08:41   
Quote:

On 2010-03-12 05:12, xTx wrote:
The biggest problem with Darkspace is the lack of ways to gain prez. someone new and of low rank logs into Sag to find nobody else around what can they do? They usually fly around abit, get bored, think Darkspace is a dumb game and log off.

Darkspace needs more ways of earning prez such as mining resources for planets and scouting enemy planets. flying within 400-500 gu of an enemy planet should earn prez. The stronger the def the higher the prez earned. No active def no prez.
[ This Message was edited by: xTx on 2010-03-12 05:21 ]

I agree maybe if it wasn't so hard to come by it wouldn't be such a problem when you lost some. By no means do I mean that it should be too easy to get prez, but there should at least be more ways to get it

Email Fleet Admiral Nithis [RO]
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 10:30   
Quote:

On 2010-03-12 05:12, xTx wrote:
{...}
scouting enemy planets. flying within 400-500 gu of an enemy planet should earn prez. The stronger the def the higher the prez earned. No active def no prez.

exception: k'luth while they re cloaked

befuddled
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 12:48   
Re the prez for the lower ranks: give it to them for accepting and completing orders. It would encourage teamplay and would give rank more meaning than better ship/locking planets.
Currency as a reward for taking orders was a big incentive for me back in the days before darkspace civilization had evolved beyond capitalism and resource wars as it meant I could kit out my ship properly.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 14:10   
The little injection of learning how to Interdict brings up a whole new matter.

Whats the point of having an Interdictor ship if you are going to be FORCEFULLY asked to put it away?

This also reminds me of the time when I was asked to stop capping Luth ships because UGTO was afraid the Luth might to a Counter Attack with those same Infantry.

Anyway back to the topic at hand. The Devs built the factions with different angles in mind. If they wanted the ICC to be Nik-To-Nak with the UGTO when it comes down to combat then they would have done so. Ok maybe they left out a few numbers at the end of the code but at the end of the day the devs are trying their best.

-Val

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 16:28   
There is no such thign as UGTO having Face to face ships since theres nothing able to face them(face-to-face term of course) lol

so there just face punching ships
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023555 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR