No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » M300-A Missle Dreadnought (Please reply)
 Author M300-A Missle Dreadnought (Please reply)
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-24 15:34   
After long last I have finally got to try the M300-A Missle Dread (M3A for short).

The M3A is a really good ship but it has several weaknesses. It has no defence against being attacked up close. The missles turning arcs are unfortunatley slow! And it is quite weak!

K'luth can just cloak and uncloak right infront of the M3A and just pummle it into dust. I think it needs some defensive weaponary.

My thoughts: Railguns or Gauss Guns. Or atleast more chemical lasers. 6 Chemical Lasers doesn't really help.

But the good news is that the M3As missles are deadly!!!! And it can do some serious damage!

My thoughts on the M300-A Missle Dreadnought

-Val

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-25 15:21   
It will not be getting any cannons. It is meant for long range combat, not standoffs... Wanna see more ship diversity? This is our solution. Have your fleet support you.

Email Sens [R33]
Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-02-27 13:09   
The missles are crazy strong. Reek and myself played UGTO in the new missle cruiser, with Leo and Zero28 as ICC missle dreads.

Missle dread takes Missle cruiser in 3 alphas. Hull on the first alpha.

ICC have pulse shields to defend against incoming missles/fighters
Kluth have cloak
UGTO have nothing except chem lasers.

Attacking Missle dread at close range via EAD produced zero hull contact on first alpha strike, where as the first alpha strike from MD using new missles would absolutely return hull damage.

One missle dread is enough vs station to cause massive damage, if not destruction

New missles combined with speed and recharge rates make them slightly overpowered. Combined with ecm would make them crazy strong.

MV Tactics from ICC would not change from planet hugging, they would get worse.

Suggestions:
-Remove pulse shield from ICC Missle Dread and add chem lasers for PD(balance more with ugto missle cruiser).
-Decrease the speed OR recharge rate of new uber missles.
-Increase signature of new uber missles, so they can not hide easily without the support of other players.
-Drop the damage caused to armor a little bit, as taking a station and superdread to hull in the first or second alpha is overkill

Other than that.. i like. Just what the ICC needs to help them fight in the MV

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-27 13:18   
Keep in mind to those were tested using Harpex Missiles as 1 MD and Linear Drive as the other, Harpex can sink an EAD in 4 to 5 salvo i beleive altough not tested, Even the Missle Cruiser can be of extreme uses at Long range support , its a good thign to have powerful logn range, adds more dept but its like riley said , lil bit overpowered for speed wise of missiles or reload

Also Riley alpahed me once in his EAD and i had the 2 aux gen switch for extra sheild rest were stock, and i wasn't hulled and i beleive the second alpha would have barly hulled me

the 360 arc is kinda weird in good and bad ways. Good well, as misisles of all ships now can be properly used to its fullest

Bad as, your a Md, and EAd jump you, you jump off and salvo him will getting away, you eat him probably
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-27 17:50   
the missiles are way too powerful. bring the power down about 1/4.

[ This Message was edited by: Leonide *ADM* on 2010-02-27 17:50 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-27 18:48   
the missles on it are far too powerful but i love the new 360 degree firing arc. Oh ya i popped a pirate station when testing them way too powerful

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-28 01:48   
thing is , yes they are Powerfull like you said, but it does give what ICC needed, since they seem to be a long ranged Defensive faction

Lowered reload speed or actuall speed of missile would be somethign to test aswell, i beleive a total nerf is only as a last resort at this point
its all up to test really

Keep in mind that all missiles is suposly under going the change of being faster, and UGTO also have its missile cruiser with some umber warheads

(PS: MC did more damage to my MD in 1 missile salvo than an Alpha of an EAD did)

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-01 05:37   
you are all forgetting one thing.

When we are done with balancing the missiles the M300-A design will be scrapped and All ships will be re-balanced use the new missiles.
And these missiles will not only be for ICC but for UGTO as well.

Zero28, the fun part about your comment:
The EAD is a closeup ship, if you happen to run across a EAD you got to get out of its range.
The temporary M300-A is a long range ship, you either gota lose the missiles by moving out of range or ecm OR get close and personal with the M300-A.
The M300-A's missiles might hit you full on the first time, maybe a second or third strike, but if you are agile you will eventually have maneuvered under the minimal firing range. The EAD however once it gets close it keeps doing damage for as long as you are in range and it has power, and most likely killing you off if you don't get out.
While the new missiles as a fired group may do more damage than a EAD alpha, the duration between the first hit and second salvo is large enough to counter actions. a EAD gives little choice, Get out or die.

ok back to the should be topic, new missile evaluation.
You all find the new Tier 3 missiles to have to much of a punch, moving to fast, and reloading to fast. Might i add turning and tracking to the list to? so we have all the variables we can play with on the list of things we can change.

What we want with the new missile design is to give missiles a use again, especially with the increase of light beams the battle impact of missiles has become light and only the ICC who has the ability to put missiles on the battlefield in sufficient numbers has been able to make use of them.
We wanted to not only that but giving more variety of options to the missiles.
Currently Drafell has plans to level the missiles in 3 variants, Light, Medium and Heavy, Tier1,2&3.
As you can decuct light will be light missiles only avalable to light ships, Heavy for the heavy and medium somewhere in between.
Currently you have seen the new Heavy missiles on the M300-A and we got some Medium missiles loaded in a UGTO Missile cruiser.

oeps, lunch brake is already over, ill hope to add more later tonight..

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-01 16:11   
Quote:

On 2010-03-01 05:37, Eledore Massis =ADM= wrote:
you are all forgetting one thing.

The EAD is a closeup ship, if you happen to run across a EAD you got to get out of its range.
The temporary M300-A is a long range ship, you either gota lose the missiles by moving out of range or ecm OR get close and personal with the M300-A.
The M300-A's missiles might hit you full on the first time, maybe a second or third strike, but if you are agile you will eventually have maneuvered under the minimal firing range. The EAD however once it gets close it keeps doing damage for as long as you are in range and it has power, and most likely killing you off if you don't get out.
While the new missiles as a fired group may do more damage than a EAD alpha, the duration between the first hit and second salvo is large enough to counter actions. a EAD gives little choice, Get out or die.

Lol Don't get me wrong, i never said its a bad thing, it even add depts in term of strategy now that Missiles and the MD, MC, Ganglia(i think its the Kluth dreadkmissile spammer) should be even more feared

Look at this situation,
in this case EAD should jump the MD when the MD just came out of a jump himself, so if he try to run, the EAD can jsut follow and keep betting him up
But lets twist the situation

and EAD jumps the MD and the MD Ejump right after off the EAD range, He can massivly do damage to the said EAD, if the EAD jumps in afterward, MD will be ready to jump off again and keep the range
And NOW, Since Missiles gets 360 Arcs, Even if EAD try to move in closer at his max Speed, MD can just match the speed to keep away form him

As for the Tracking, Well i dont got much tosay there, we didnt actually tried to shoot at a moving target to be honest, but i do beleive since the Harpex is a heavy missile with massive firepower, it should have a bad Tracking, We'd all hate to see a Scout go boom with a single missle now don't we?
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-03-01 16:16 ]

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-01 16:31   
But I have to admit, the M300-A is a ship to be reckoned with... quite weak though. I really do think it should have cannons on it though. Just to defend it if a ship gets alittle to close.

Gaus Cannons/Heavy Gaus?

I dunno, but I like it. Uberly weak against MI... or maybe its just me...

-Val

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-01 16:35   
Quote:

On 2010-02-25 15:21, Sens wrote:
It will not be getting any cannons. It is meant for long range combat, not standoffs... Wanna see more ship diversity? This is our solution. Have your fleet support you.

The M300 IS meant for long range attacks... mainly why it's called the M300 MISSLE Dreadnought. And most missles fire from a LONG Range!

But the dread still has cannons on it. To protect itself from up close encounters... Its more likely for the dread being blown up trying to get distance from an upclose fight than it being destroyed while having cannons on it.

-Val

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-03-02 02:33   
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 16:11, Zero28 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 05:37, Eledore Massis =ADM= wrote:

Lol Don't get me wrong,

Never did just giving the design idea.
Funny part about the situation you suggest. EAD has loads of beams enough to PD more then half of the missiles before they hit. and besides that all comes down to tactics and player idiocy/crazyness.

about the corvette's i agree but we tested the LDM v/s cruiser, destroyer, frigate & corvette's
I was able to dodge the LDM's with a ~ 90% susses rate in the frigate and corvette. Even given the element of suprise and or randomness of battle that still makes it ~75%. And that is if no one else is around to PD them down.
That is a high change of survival if you ask me. and the harpex track even less.
while i agree the harpex's tracking might be turned down a little bit, I would do that only to make more of a difference between LDM, PCM & harpex,

But if all is going well we might have light missiles in beta soon, and we can finally try to test the total missile system in a series of simulations..

until then.
E.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-02 16:04   
Quote:

On 2010-03-02 02:33, Eledore Massis =ADM= wrote:

Funny part about the situation you suggest. EAD has loads of beams enough to PD more then half of the missiles before they hit. and besides that all comes down to tactics and player idiocy/crazyness.

the current Missile speed in beta, THe EAD PD hardly have time to stop even a 1/3 of them, and with the number of missiles, you sacrifice the EAD's preciouse power into PD. It depends on how the players would respond to another's tactics , it just takes 1 mistake for the Winner to become the loser

as for Corvette, lol i was jsut being sarcastic XD

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-03-12 18:33   
meh. i like it. a REAL ICC ship. %~#*@!*@ed it up close, ownage at range.

stop whining about it gibbing EAD's and stuff. every ship has a strength and a weakness(or 2), and perhaps the EAD's weakness is missiles.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-13 12:34   
EAD's designed to spearhead a fleet. Not be a lone, pwn, solomobile.

I always use an EAD, but truth be told, everyone who fly's a dread doesn't need to 95% of the time. Best defence against this little puppy is to just fly smaller ships and get in close. Or get some PD support. Heaven forbid you bring friends.

Page created in 0.206277 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR