Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Battle Ship Classes
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Battle Ship Classes
Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-23 21:53   
Its about time that there should be a new class in DS, and the timing is oh so right with the new ranks or Marshall and Chief Marshall. So to give power to these figureheaded ranks, the Batte Ship class is reversed for them, Kudos

There are new weapons to accommodate the new class

UGTO Battleship Weapon Armaments

New weapon names: (Neutron Particle Cannon)
Heavy Particle Cannons
(Gattling Lasers) ( for PD)
(Heavy Flux Cannons)
Proton Tropedoes
IT/AR Missles, Proton Cruise Missles( Optional)
Heavy Chem Lasers
QSTs( Quantum Singurlarity Torpedoes)
Ion/AFE/PFE Drives
Hyper Mass Accelerator

Kluth Battleship Weapon Armaments

New Weapon names: (Omega Psi Cannon)
Heavy Psi Cannon
(Eviscerator Beam)(PD)
Disruptor Assault
AntiMatter Torpedoes
Psi/Shredder Missles, Shock Missile(Optional)
ELF Beam(Optional)
Organic Armor
Auto Hull Repair x 2

ICC Battleship Weapon Armaments
(TO BE CONTIUNED)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-23 22:01   

U mean dreads aren't already some sort of battleships?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-23 23:34   
I agree there should be something between dreads and stations. If you look at how the game scales ship sizes everything feels right, but the gap between dreads and stations is quite a big jump. What I mean is, when you fly a scout for a while then get into a frigate you look at the other scouts and there just a little bit smaller then you. This scaling is correct until the dread/station. There needs to be one more in the jump line. The battleship would fill this gap with its size right between a dread and a station. So when flying one you look at dreads and there just slightly smaller then you and when you look at stations there slightly bigger then you. These ships should have the powers of a station almost but suffer from poor maneuverability. Right now dreads can turn 12-13 (I think) these battleships should be able to turn only a 6 or 8. Just slightly better then a current station. Also the guns on it would be equal on 3 facings but only half of those on the rear. This still would create the weak point on such a ship but it would be lessened as the ship still can fight in reverse.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-24 01:11   
Hello, I am with your local mental health facility. We recently recieved notice that there may be deluded people of some sort on these forums.

We felt perhaps that this may have been exaggerated, but after the above evidence it became clear that action had to be taken immediately.

We feel sorry for the tragic loss of the OP and subsequent posts from people who have obviously lost their mind.

Okay, lets have a bit of a fact thingy here going. I'm pretty sure in the standard definition of things, Dreadnaughts are infact bigger and more powerful than Battleships.

Secondly, Dreadnaughts are already the most powerful ships in the game, and somehow no one is satisfied by this? Really? Are people's desire to be overpowered so great you need a ship even better than that so that you can be even better?

Really? I mean its not like having said ships already doesn't cause issues or something, you know. Sure, lets add some more game breaking, newbie leaving ships because we just have to have more things to lord over them.

I mean, I'm all for adding ships below Dreadnaught and bumping up the Dreads in rank, that sounds pretty fine to be. But adding more stuff at the top? Very last thing the game needs.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 01:11   
It could possible, given that the 2 Marshal ranks are there for seemingly nothing now. So stations can only be taken out by Marshals, and the vacated requirements replaced by these "battleships" idea that you're putting forward.

But again, I'm wondering... technically speaking, isn't a dreadnought already a battleship in the first place??

Next, what function would this battleship serve other than to:
1) shift stations ownership up to Marshal level
2) add in more mega-pwnage for high ranked subbed players
3) tip the balance and flow of the game towards station n dreads .... and now .... megaship spamming?

I understand the want and need for variety. But if you're gonna add a new supership class, there has to be some sort of change in the weapons or damage component to maintain the game balance.

Otherwise, it serves nothing more than to alienate the new players in destroyers and below classed vessels. They can't do jack when they get blown to particles for even approaching dreads and now, "battleships"...

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-02-24 01:14 ]

Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-02-24 01:34   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 01:11, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

hate to say this, considering i'm not a marshal and i enjoy flying stations but considering how many GA's and FA's there are and the lack of skilled players in between being a noob and being a vet, this might balance out the playerbase while also adding incintive for older/more experienced players who have not yet acheived MA to go out and get it. = Reason for the rank to exist.

Up side to this is we wouldnt see a zillion stations zooming around the MV on a killing / capping spree, at least not until everybody reaches Marshal (in 2 weeks).

-R

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 01:43   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 01:34, Riley wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 01:11, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

hate to say this, considering i'm not a marshal and i enjoy flying stations but considering how many GA's and FA's there are and the lack of skilled players in between being a noob and being a vet, this might balance out the playerbase while also adding incintive for older/more experienced players who have not yet acheived MA to go out and get it. = Reason for the rank to exist.

Up side to this is we wouldnt see a zillion stations zooming around the MV on a killing / capping spree, at least not until everybody reaches Marshal (in 2 weeks).

-R

Yes, perhaps. I'm honestly tired of seeing a whole fleet of mushroom hot air balloons.

But seriously, there has to be a new ship class inserted there before you do so. Otherwise it would be pretty unfair for the current station pilots.

But I dunno if a "battleship" ... or some kind of mega dread is the way to go.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-02-24 01:45 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-24 03:21   
it really depends on what you go by that Dreadnoughts and Battleships trade places. In most cases Dreads are bigger then battleships but DS currently already has dreads. So in Darkspaces place Dreads will be smaller then Battleships. If battleships were added at the same time as stations becoming M and CM then it wouldn't be an issue at all, although peoples garage space would needed to be upgraded again (if not already).

There should be only 2 or 3 classes of battleships ment for pure combat. One focusing on all guns and core weapons, Another with all beams and torps (1 or 2 core weps), and one as a missile/fighter base. This would cover everything for combat, but there drawback would be ammo or energy. With only one more engine then a dread and with all those weapons there energy usage would be massive. However there firepower during there operational time would be immanence with only stations slightly powering them out.

Doing this would also bring up the need to overhaul the station class ship as well. Giving them more armor/shields as well as more guns and core weps. The battle station class would need to have it current allotment of core weps but also be complemented by 2x that amount in heavy guns. The battle ships would have 1/2 of this power thus putting stations as still kings of the battlefield.

And last but not least the smaller ships would need some sort of bonus for fighting (or at least being shot at) by the bigger ships. Besides there own speed as there saving factor, smaller ships (dessy and down) would gain a 10% (at most and then going down as the ships got bigger) damage reduction against the larger ships. So that even the little ships can try and stand a chance against the bigger ships. Even in STO a little ship can try and take down a dreadnought, it can if it uses its powers right and shield rotation.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 04:28   

LOL. Ok semantics.
Maybe let's not call it a battleship.
Let's call it a flagship.

But do we need a bigger ship?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-24 04:47   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 04:28, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

But do we need a bigger ship?

Easily the best question in this entire thread or will ever be in this thread.

And the answer is no...t yet. Really. If you need to add in ships, I think the best place would be to start at the cruiser -> Dread gap which honestly is something I have always felt was really too short.

If I really felt that such a thing as Battleships needed to be put in, it would fit right there. Of course then Dreads and Stations would need to be buffed.. again.. because god forbid anything should kill them.

But then you could reasonably bump up the rank requirements on existing ships. Which would really make the blastiness of Dreadnaughts reasonable.

-Ent

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-24 05:05   
We can always make the existing dreads bigger, but hey its your osterior that is getting shot at. Personally I'd prefer a smaller profile...

Email Sens [R33]
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-24 05:35   
why dont you implement an uber-dread, but limit the number of spawned ships to 1% of the active players per faction (<100 ugto = 1 uber-dread, 100 - 200 = 2 and so on)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-24 06:01   
How would people feel about Battleships in between Dreads and Cruisers at ranks between Vice Admiral to Marshal?

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 06:02   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 04:47, Enterprise wrote:

Easily the best question in this entire thread or will ever be in this thread.

And the answer is no...t yet. Really. If you need to add in ships, I think the best place would be to start at the cruiser -> Dread gap which honestly is something I have always felt was really too short.

If I really felt that such a thing as Battleships needed to be put in, it would fit right there. Of course then Dreads and Stations would need to be buffed.. again.. because god forbid anything should kill them.

But then you could reasonably bump up the rank requirements on existing ships. Which would really make the blastiness of Dreadnaughts reasonable.

-Ent

I think that this is a good thing as I also see a significant gap between Cruiser and Dread. I honestly do not think buffing would be needed because I believe that we could have an intermediary class that would simply span the gap without requiring too much tweaking on the heavy (dread/station) end of the ship spectrum.

And yes I agree the high quality of the question at hand.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 07:46   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 06:01, BackSlash wrote:
How would people feel about Battleships in between Dreads and Cruisers at ranks between Vice Admiral to Marshal?

Good idea, more variety is a good thing.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034030 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR