Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Dev Log, Beta Testing
 Author Dev Log, Beta Testing
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-19 08:56   
Added ICC M300-A Missile Dreadnought test concept using Linear Drive Missiles. Needs gameplay testing.

Linear Drive Missiles: Would it only be for ICC MD or will it be a universal Missile?

Would it replace the PSM?

14 sec Refire rate? Does it do that much damage that it needs such a long refire rate?

-Val

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-02-19 10:49   
The news missiles are currently classified as 'Human' tech, and is part of a complete overhaul to the DarkSpace missile system. With the new layouts, all missiles will have a 360 degree arc of fire, which gives them some inate advantages over other weaponry. The downside is the rather limited ammunition, slow recharge, and the ability of enemy ships to use point defense. There is also the issue of not being able to launch missiles at enemies that are too close to you.

With regards to Dreanoughts:

There are going to be several more layout tweaks and revisions in upcomming patches as designing ship layouts is an evolutionary process. You can expect to see fewer Standard or Heavy Cannons on these ships, and more Core Weapons and Heavy Missiles, both of which have similar damage potential. I also plan to introduce some 'Seige' Torpedo's that fit into a similar damage categories. The aim here is to further reduce DarkSpace's projectile count, which directly impacts server performance due to fewer collision detections being required. This can also be used as a stepping stone to moving some weapons over to a 'roll' based system where appropriate. This would particularly apply to Missiles as they are the most intensive gadget in terms of CPU use behind fighters, and changing to a 'roll' based system for these weapons would cut thier CPU usage by about 90%.

However, we still want to keep 'primary' weapons on the current system, as it is important to the feel of the game, and losing this would defeat the purpose of what we are trying to acheive.

Goto the website of Drafell
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-19 15:51   
Hmm I was trying to test the M300 A Missle Dreadnought, but I never have enough time to make 260k Resources.

Could you lower the resources to make it?

All the other dreads are in the 140k mark. I understand that the resources are so high because of the new missles but I find it impossible to make it that far in Beta Scenario. Could you lower Resource to 200k or 210k?

-Val

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-20 09:29   
I think Drafell overpriced the missiles a bit.
The LDM costing 14000 resources, that makes the LDM's on the M300-a 120000 resources in total...........
Seeing as the only other gadgets that high are the station Drives, i do agree lowering them would be appealing..

Draff, drop the 1, so 4000 for buildCost should be sufficient, they would come into the cost range of the normal drives.. and giving the total cost of the missiles on the M300-a 32000 resources.
so instead of ~260k it would be ~172k, that is a little more acceptable price to allow spawning..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-20 11:28   
Lowered the value of the LDM for testing purposes only. Bare in mind the value will go back up, as per Draf's intended design, or can change at any moment.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-02-20 11:38 ]

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-20 11:59   
Cruisers should also be able to get core weapons too its not fair that only dreds and stations can have them cruiser dreds and stations should have them

BadassMcGee
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-20 12:09   
wait in the beta server how do i get the ships i normaly get in the reg server?? and i wish i could test it but i cant im only 2nd ad >.<

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-20 12:47   
Go to the beta website (bottom right nav menu, under upcoming events), and click the "Beta Profile Transfer" menu entry on the bottom left by the Development Log link to transfer your release profile to beta.

As far as Core Weapons on cruisers, they don't have the point allocation to support them. They are simply too manoeuvrable and speedy to allow us to put Core Weapons on them, the advantage would out-weight the Dreadnoughts, and there'd be little point in flying them.

More heavy rack weapons on very high rank cruisers, possible. Core weapons on them, not very.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-02-20 12:52 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-02-20 16:46   
Cruisers with core-equiped cruisers would probably be saved for higher tier badges, if we decide to implement such ships. I wouldn't rule the idea out entirely, but they are not currently on my to-do list.

Goto the website of Drafell
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-21 14:26   
I would like to thank you very much for dropping the resources, I will test the M300A Today in the next Scenario.

Will update you when finished.

-Val

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-21 15:49   
Analysis of the M300A

I was never able to use it because of the planet resources cap.

For testing purposes why not just make it 5k to build?
It would help alot.

I know your gonna say build on terran planet but ai was having a field trip around Paul and Haven. So I would've been unable to build.

-Val

P.S. the M300A Rank Requirement is Midshipman due to testing purposes why not make the resources 5k FOR testing Purposes?

Page created in 0.026686 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR