Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Using Ressources as ammo etc?
 Author Using Ressources as ammo etc?
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 04:54   
Yesterday I was cruising in my supp-ship, repairing other ships and ran out off repair-drones and I thought:
- you mine ressources (replaced my tractor beam with a mining beam)
- ressources can (or at least should) be used for everything
- why cant you use ressources to replenish your ammo (drones etc)

so this is the idea:
when you're low on ammo, right-click on the empty weapon (or drones) and have a button to refill using your ressources. Depending on the item, you need more or less resources.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-16 09:48   
MAYBE stations could do this, as they are large enough to suggest they have refining and production facilities on board. Other ships cannot, though. Its resources. Its rocks and dirt, not bullets and rockets.

Perhaps the station could convert resources into Reload points (used in the repair slots). Then those could be used to of course repair and reload others or themselves. I should think this process of resource to reload conversion to take a slot, perhaps an optional switch-out for the reload slot itself, sort of like the kluth autorepair, cloak, chitinous armor option. It would decrease your repair rate but increase your repair capacity. A fair exchange.

Given that exchange, perhaps this wouldnt need to be strictly stations but rather just a slot that can be put in place of any repair drone slot.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 10:12   
i think smaler ships can have such facilities, too (except the scouts)
the other ships are quite large (at least if you look at them) and seem to have multiple decks.

apart from that:
i didnt ment it to replace ammo completly (get enough ressources an you never need to rearm yourself)

i ment as an emergency-resupply, a really expensive one if you want it
ex:
to completly refill a repair-drone-slot (1500units) you might need 1500 or even 3k ressources

oh, and by the way, how do you build ships out of dirt

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-02-16 10:14 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-16 10:39   
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 10:12, NoBoDx wrote:
oh, and by the way, how do you build ships out of dirt

same principle as sand castles

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-16 11:53   
Another project that is in the fridge dug up.

Yes it would be lovely but currently we got a decent balance going by using gadget ammo for both reload and repair.
If this would be implemented than supply ships would start taking resources with em and extend there operational time.
While i do agree this might be a nice feature to add we need to take the logistical balance into consideration.

Currently when you look at building structures, when the planet has no or not enough resources it can take the required resources out of your cargo-hold and start the structure. So yes your idea is possible, but given above reason (logistics) we can't have both gadget ammo and resources being used.
However looking at the suggestion and one i discussed with draf a while back about separating the repair and reload functions of the drones we could have something like the following.

A drone bay reloads a friendly ship and consumes gadget ammo.
When resources are on the ship, resources are deducted at a steady rate, the repair and or reload is increased by a percentage for as long as resources are available in the ships cargo-hold.
(Think about the Build computer enhancement to know the drawback of this idea of using resources to speed up.)

I know its possible, whether its desirable on the balance board i don't know.
But currently i can say; Balance of ship combat comes first..

E.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 14:56   
Quote:

On 2010-02-16 10:39, Doran wrote:
same principle as sand castles

realy ?

give me a water-gun an no station will stand a chance agains me

Quote:

Eledore Massis wrote:

Yes it would be lovely but currently we got a decent balance going by using gadget ammo for both reload and repair.
If this would be implemented than supply ships would start taking resources with em and extend there operational time.

hm or create 2 new items:
- supply-ressources, to extend the time a supply can repair / rearm
- an "supply-mining-beam" to create those ressources

so an supply-ship have to farm those ressources, but dont take away the ressources needed for building etc, and you have to decide, if you want to repair a longer time (but need time to prepare) or instantly repair, but only for a (relative) short time

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-16 16:00   
Resource processing facillity might be possible for stations. We are considering various types of reload drones in the future.

Email Sens [R33]
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-16 18:47   
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 14:56, NoBoDx wrote:
hm or create 2 new items:
- supply-ressources, to extend the time a supply can repair / rearm
- an "supply-mining-beam" to create those ressources

so an supply-ship have to farm those ressources, but dont take away the ressources needed for building etc, and you have to decide, if you want to repair a longer time (but need time to prepare) or instantly repair, but only for a (relative) short time

We got rid of 8 types of resources to only have one, so we lost a lot of complexity, where not going to re-introduce a special kind of resources. aka supplies..
But what we will do.
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 16:00, Sens wrote:We are considering various types of reload drones in the future.

Separation of Supply drones and Repair Drones. And if you payed attention to the drone bay on the frigates. They have Light drones so we might give stations Heavy drones. Or gadget that is capable of resupplying, drones? all these are possibility's.
Why not put them in? where working on other tasks at the moment. but like i said. The current idea has been put on hold to work on other tasks at the moment.
But please keep the idea's and comments going, we will try to see what is possible and give feedback on that.

Ok so far, yes we might be looking at using resources as ammo for reload/repair, but we want to minimize the changed needed to do this. So we will be using standard resources but maybe introduce more specialized drone bays.

Page created in 0.012068 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR