Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Possibility of variable dictor fields
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Possibility of variable dictor fields
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 04:21   
Quote:

On 2010-02-24 03:31, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:
just like how in Counterstrike: Source how some servers ban the Awp. Its a legit gun in the game and it kills in 1 hit (if you hit torso or above it won't kill with a leg shot or arm shot most of the time) and a lot of QQ players don't like it. If its in the game then it was meant to be used.

This applys also to Dark Space as well. The interdictor ship was placed in the game, and since its there (as well as the planetary versions) it will be used. If you don't like to, well too bad! For one its also a vary easy ship to kill, since as soon as you see one EVERYONE should be shooting it and then jumping out when its dead or the field drops. Its not an overpowered ship by any means, and even a fleet cant completely protect it forever. Even if it sits under a station, that station will be a vary quickly killed one if every one of your ships shoots it and its resulting explosion will kill the cruiser as well. Use tactics, I know its hard to drill into some of your thick skulls but it dose WORK! The only interdictor ship I have an issue with is the K'luth one, it can cloak. Other dicos have to jump in causing a flash of light announcing its arrival.

Yup. But DS is not CS. There's only one MetaVerse. U can't hop to another server just 'cos the ppl in there don't like dictors. And I agree that the dictor is an instant target for everyone. Everybody wants to kill it the moment it appears.

Quote:

On 2010-02-24 03:42, NoBoDx wrote:
theres another thing i want to add:

while you fly a dictor, you can't kill (almost) nothing, but you are most of the time the target of everyone and most of the time, you die.

so add some bonus-pres (maybe 1/4 of the kill-prestige) for every enemy ship, that is killed in your dictor-field in order to get at least something for supporting your teammates.

That's an idea.

befuddled
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-24 09:33   
I like the bonus pres idea. It could even be given for each failed attempt at a jump that is made.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-24 10:06   
nope, i dont think bonus-pres should be awarded for failed jump-attempts it would be to much easy prestige and every-one would fly a dictor.

( shift + j -spamming )
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-02-24 10:06 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-24 20:45   
Bonus pres or a percentage of the pres of the kills within dictor field sounds nice.

But I don't need it.

I'll just be happy to see any enemy ships within 1000gu being blown up by my teammates knowing that I made a contribution to the event.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-02-24 20:46 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011616 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR