Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AFK
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author AFK
Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-09 19:22   
id like to point out that the game does not pause, so when something comes up and some one has to step away for a sec, the only option is to logg off, jump into deep space, or sy

there are some players out there that will sit there and destroy your ship even if you yelled across chat that your AFK befor hand.

i dont like this verry much, as killing afk or logged players should be frowend upon IMHO.

Ive even said goodnight across yell being nice, and then pple will jump in and kill me after i log.

very very lame. I know defiance (my bro) has the same problem.

you will never see us (me and Defi) kill AFK players or even desynced players. We expect the same treatment in return. that is all.

Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2010-02-09 19:45   
there are safe zones around home gates for this in the home servers of each faction i think

Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-09 19:49   
yea.. the SY gates in the home system..

kinda hard to get to in an emergancy.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-02-09 19:50   
Same in every PvP game / server around the interwebs. What makes you special?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:02   
i know the context of what i ask.

im asking the public not to be .

and let me also point out that only about 5% of the pop actualy does this lame below the belt move.

~[Admin]Tael - Language please.
[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2010-02-09 22:26 ]

Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:24   
then dont afk where u8 can die, simple...u will never convince an entire online community to "not kill me" in a combat themed game, ill shoot u if ur afk just cuz i want the kill/death ratio, i would expect the same..

Email Icarus II
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:31   
Another point to add into new tutorial... "Dont go AFK"...

Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:31   
got killed the other day when i afk 80000 gu from any kind of anything. way off to the right of BD.

so now yes, i have a misrepresented K/D ratio. not to mention lost press that was verry verry hard for me to get.

its just lame.

also like to point out kluth dont have this problem.
[ This Message was edited by: Deadly Crysis on 2010-02-09 20:32 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-09 20:39   
Quote:

On 2010-02-09 20:02, Deadly Crysis wrote:
im asking the public not to be .

you're new to this internets thing arent you?

~[Admin]Tael - Language please.
[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2010-02-09 22:28 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-02-09 22:32   
This is an online Persistant game. Even if YOU go AFK, as long as you are in game you are still subject to attack, dying, and all penalties therefore applicable. If you need to leave the game and can not make it to a safe point, plot long jump and then log off.

We had to implement log out times due to people exploiting logging off to avoid certain death and pres loss.

Any online persistant world game likewise makes you liable for your own choice of inactivity while in world.

Appealing the the community probably will not ellicit the desired behavior, in fact, knowing most the community as I do after 10 years, most of them are more likely to attack you now because of your post.

Email Tael
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-09 23:51   
Quote:

On 2010-02-09 22:32, Tael wrote:

Appealing the the community probably will not ellicit the desired behavior, in fact, knowing most the community as I do after 10 years, most of them are more likely to attack you now because of your post.

Didnt you just put him on our kill list?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-10 02:46   
when needing to go AFK, just use the ship yard. Its what I do, and when I cant get to the SY or am not near one I will long jump out into deep space. The chance of getting killing out there is vary low, also for the love of god DO NOT YELL "AFK" to the whole server. That there just makes people what to track you and kill you for an easy kill. If you are in a dessy or under I wouldn't see the need to do that as those ships are vary low pres in both for the kill and the pres loss. Some people (primarily Kluth) will kill you regardless, because they think people care about the lopsided K/D ratio now. Since AI count for kills that K/D is now vary pointless. By there standards I have a 2.1 K/D but it don't matter because of AI.

So just jump out into deep space when you can't get to a SY or if your close to one (or orbiting it) just use the SY and your safe.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-10 03:41   
Quote:

On 2010-02-09 20:31, Deadly Crysis wrote:
got killed the other day when i afk 80000 gu from any kind of anything. way off to the right of BD.

so now yes, i have a misrepresented K/D ratio. not to mention lost press that was verry verry hard for me to get.

its just lame.

also like to point out kluth dont have this problem.
[ This Message was edited by: Deadly Crysis on 2010-02-09 20:32 ]

1. Your K/D is accurate. It reflects that you went afk, leaving a ship out, and it got killed. That IS your fault. Its not the responsibility of the players to ignore your ship.
Not to say that people wont leave an afk player alone, it does happen. But never expect it. I've been killed by a supposed afk ship, so I tend to shoot first and ask fifth. (2nd thru 4th is me killing you).

2. I have been killed before, afk, as a Kluth, so yeah, even Kluth are not safe from this. Nor would it matter if they were.

3. The internet is a mean place. Get used to it. In real life I cant blow you up, talk smack, and laugh at your space dust. In this environment I can and will. It's why I'm here. It's also why you are here, whether you admit it or not.

4. Dont QQ. Not a good way to get this community on your side. Just some friendly advice. They react the way sharks do with chum in the water.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lord Farkuart
Captain

Posted: 2010-02-10 03:59   
Actually I find that 99% of the players here are decent enough to respect the fact that a player goes AFK....
However you need to jump away first if that is your only choice then announce it to the server...
Also if you were in the middle of combat and an emergency comes up and you have to go AFK ... well that would just look like your trying to get away without getting killed so expect to be finished off regardless...

I do find however that if there is nothing going on at the moment you have to go AFK ... like I said 99% of the players here respect that...

In fact there have been moments when i announce i am experianceing a bug or something like that which prevents me from playing to my full potential and the majority of the player base actually let me log off to return without killing my ship 99% of the time...

But if you obviously abuse that respect from players then you will still get killed.... and you will know if you are doing wrong.... it will bite you in the but so dont abuse a players respect and you will find that playing this game can be a lot of fun

You get what you give

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-10 04:24   
Give no mercy to your enemies. If your enemies ask you not to kill them because they are experiencing a bug, went AFK, or because they can't fight back, laugh and tell them their tears will make for a fine drink after they perish.

Just don't be surprised when they show the same amount of compassion when it happens to you.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019844 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR