Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Marshal's and CM's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Marshal's and CM's
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-15 10:09   
we should just put the max rank back down to fleet admiral, and reset the profile's of everyone who's above that periodically. they're skill, they can work their way up again.

down with the elitists! raise up the peasantry! viva la revolucion!

xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-15 11:23   
Reset everyone to zero, change name to "DARKSPACE 2" all problems solved..... for awhile.

Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-15 14:05   
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 09:15, BackSlash wrote:
Marshal and Chief Marshal are not intended to be 'attain ship' levels. They're for use at a later date, for something else entirely. Lets not forget that removing ships from other ranks has repercussions in that players who liked to use them, or used them regularly, can no longer use them.

Either way, as I mentioned above, not intended to get ships at these ranks. They're for other uses later on. Right now, they're just bragging rights.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-02-15 09:17 ]

and what could it be? just spill it already. give the players something to look forward to (the M and CM)

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-15 19:03   
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 10:09, Doran wrote:
we should just put the max rank back down to fleet admiral, and reset the profile's of everyone who's above that periodically. they're skill, they can work their way up again.

down with the elitists! raise up the peasantry! viva la revolucion!

watch out for goththug's curse! I wont blame him after that.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-15 20:57   
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 14:05, Deadly Crysis wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-15 09:15, BackSlash wrote:
Marshal and Chief Marshal are not intended to be 'attain ship' levels. They're for use at a later date, for something else entirely. Lets not forget that removing ships from other ranks has repercussions in that players who liked to use them, or used them regularly, can no longer use them.

Either way, as I mentioned above, not intended to get ships at these ranks. They're for other uses later on. Right now, they're just bragging rights.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-02-15 09:17 ]

and what could it be? just spill it already. give the players something to look forward to (the M and CM)

My guess would be strategic and mission planning. M and CM could be the effective leaders or Commander-in-Chief of their respective factions.

They set up tasking orders to cap this or bomb that, and players could subscribe to a mission, which when completed, would give them bonus prestige points above their combat scores.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-16 01:23   
M and CM are just place holders for something new, from what I have heard those 2 ranks will be allowed to fly a 4th faction. So when reaching Marshall you would be able to start flying for a new faction. This would be cool but the game can't handle it with the current player base. If the game could get more players then many things that have been shelved by the devs would be added to the game. However there is this cach 22 that has been going on between the devs and the players. The players want more options, and be able to do more things but the issue is to add those things you need players to support it. To get more players you need to add those things the current players want. There is also the issue that new games are popping up and are now competing with DS. EVE has been the other space based MMO besides Dark Space and EVE is more known. Now theres a new contender, STO, yet the devs seem to close there minds to this new competitor.

If DS started to advertise again much like how EVE dose and STO is now, then you would get players. Places to put ads are like web comics CTRL+ALT+DEL and VD Cats comes to mind I know EVE and STO both advertise on those sites and they are vary high traffic sites as well. However, you NEED A TUTORIAL FOR THEM pointing them to "THE MANUAL" doesn't WORK! Otherwise you will NOT retain as many players who click on that AD and check out the game. Also placing numbers to the population of the servers will HELP new players KNOW where to go to find other players. When they do find other players they will then be explained to why the other servers are empty and what there purpose is. Then you will be on the road to rebuilding your player base and as such generate more PAYING players. Currently DS is the cheapest P2P space MMO around, as EVE is something like $13-$15 and STO I think is $15.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-16 01:27   
We should add a new rank after CM
[ This Message was edited by: Coombie on 2010-02-16 02:59 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-17 03:45   

New faction?

Interesting. Could it be an all-powerful alien faction whom the Kluth are running away from?

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-17 07:05   
Command ranks. nuf said.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-02-17 12:25   
Bout dam time

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-18 21:42   
Quote:

On 2010-02-17 07:05, Eledore Massis =ADM= wrote:
Command ranks. nuf said.

not really. That's two words with no context. I have yet to figure out what the term command means in this game. Everything that says command seems to mean bomb. Is that what you mean? We get to bomb in more ships? More bombing capabilities?

Seriously, just far too vague for a 'nuff said

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-18 21:50   
You're ruining the mood Azreal.

It doesn't mean anything yet. Its supposed to be vague, so it is all things to all people. More bombs? Sweet! Mission creation and assignment? Sweet! Planet production tweaking? Sweet! Faction resource management? Sweet!

Basically, we don't really know yet. But some day, it will have some "command" functions which probably include a semblance of the above, half-implemented. I'll leave the details to your imagination...

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-18 22:00   

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-19 06:59   
I am starting to think honesty may not be the best policy. I can do PR if you prefer.

Also, that's a nice pic.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-19 08:46   
lol. Just trying to understand what he meant, no biggie lol.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020825 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR